Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
To: Current 2k1 staff

I have a proposal. Lance, you've asked us to name a suitable candidate for the new manager of 2k1. Thats what you said our problem was, we couldn't think of anyone better than you. Well, I have one. Konidias. Make him the manager. Allow him to hire a new group of staff members and the current staff may be aloud to stay if they wish to. I know for a fact Koni can bring back the glory of 2k1.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 05-05-2005, 06:57 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
I second that.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
If Koni was manager I would definately work on 2k1 again.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:02 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously this thread won't accomplish anything. Lance will either ignore the thread, or the more likely possibility, refuse to step down. Koni would probably make for a better Manager though.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
I would have to say Koni WOULDN'T be a better manager. Nothing personally wrong with him, but when he started Oasis he said that he'd finish it within 6 months after complaining to Shadrock about how long Faheria was taking, and then that turned into a year, and now Oasis is dead and Konidias is basically gone.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:12 PM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
I vote rabid, but I think Lance is still good. He's still developing.
of slavery my son".

Old 05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
I disagree with the nomination.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:04 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I have a proposal. Lance, you've asked us to name a suitable candidate for the new manager of 2k1. Thats what you said our problem was, we couldn't think of anyone better than you.
Actually, that was Kaimetsu who said that.

Quote:
Well, I have one. Konidias.
I will, however, take a guess as to the next request Kaimetsu will have - prove that Konidias is or would be better than me.

Quote:
Make him the manager. Allow him to hire a new group of staff members and the current staff may be aloud to stay if they wish to. I know for a fact Koni can bring back the glory of 2k1.
It's cool that you think so, but it's just a claim, and you could just as easily say the same thing about anyone if you don't back it up.
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
If Koni was manager I would definately work on 2k1 again.
Proving once again that you do not care about the server as much as you do the manager!
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
I second that.
You don't/didn't even play Graal2001.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Actually, that was Kaimetsu who said that.

I will, however, take a guess as to the next request Kaimetsu will have - prove that Konidias is or would be better than me.

It's cool that you think so, but it's just a claim, and you could just as easily say the same thing about anyone if you don't back it up.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=58816

12th post down is YOU saying that we need a suitable replacement and a reason why.

Konidias developed so much for 2k1 when he was an administrator. He has a passion to complete the project which you are lacking. Lance, honestly if nothing is being done why wont you hand the project down to him? You aren't losing anything but a dead server. Konidias is one of the best developers in graal and I truly believe he has more graphic/leveling/scripting knowledge than yourself. This is a personal opinion however, and I can only prove it by showing what Koni has accomplished.

Please Lance, I am begging you if Koni will accept please hand it to him.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 05-05-2005, 10:48 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Konidias made the marketplace, but he also wants to get rid of player bomys because it doesn't fit into this concept of "realism".

It doesn't matter though. Like I said in my other thread, 2K1 can't possibly come back in any form resembling old 2K1 and be successful.

You shouldn't expect Koni to be anymore likely to actually finish 2K1 than you should expect Lance to (See: Oasis).
Old 05-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Konidias developed so much for 2k1 when he was an administrator
Like what?

Hell, I wrote most of his 'Konquence' thing, though he never saw fit to credit me.

Quote:
He has a passion to complete the project which you are lacking
Why did he quit the first time?
Why was Oasis never completed?

Quote:
Konidias is one of the best developers in graal and I truly believe he has more graphic/leveling/scripting knowledge than yourself
Graphics, probably. Not scripting. Unless he's drastically improved since the last time I saw one of his scripts, his abilities have been grossly overrated.

Quote:
I can only prove it by showing what Koni has accomplished
Like what?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Rat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
Like what?

Hell, I wrote most of his 'Konquence' thing, though he never saw fit to credit me.

Why did he quit the first time?
Why was Oasis never completed?

Graphics, probably. Not scripting. Unless he's drastically improved since the last time I saw one of his scripts, his abilities have been grossly overrated.

Like what?
to counter all of that please show me some of lance's good work.

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 05-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I can only post once a day here, so don't expect a quick reply or anything...

I believe I could bring back 2k1 to be the most popular server on Graal. I'm dying to get started on the project. I talked with Stefan about what I'd like to do, and he is trying to contact you (Lance) to set up a meeting of some sort. (or already has contacted you)

I wasn't with 2k1 since the day it opened, but I was around Graal when it opened, I joined around 5-6 months later. Shortly after, I was making graphics for it, then levels and scripts, then I was a full time developer. When Stefan left, Birdbird and I became co-managers, though it didn't pan out well because there were conflicts of interest. (basically, I didn't like the direction Birdbird was wanting to take)

However, I've done a lot of things for Graal over the years. I really don't know where to start, and I don't want to look conceited by listing every single thing I've ever done. All I can say is that it was a lot. I have already been in the management position so I know what to expect. I've also been in the position of developing a server for release, so I know what to expect there as well.

Like I told Stefan, I could single-handedly remodel 2k1 (though it's foolish to do so, I'm sure I'd want staff to help). The difference between 2k1 and Oasis was that with Oasis, my eyes were bigger than my stomach, so to speak. I planned things that I couldn't do entirely on my own, and I could never find anyone to help me with. It's not as if I got bored with Oasis, or decided it wasn't worth my time or something. I simply couldn't find a good enough scripter who would actually stick around for more than a day. It put a halt on the whole project.

I don't feel there needs to be any proving of who is better than who. We've both had experience with management. I'm not sure if you managed 2k1 while it was active. I was managing it when it had around 150-200 active people daily. I know what to expect.

I can also make any graphics, levels, ganis, sounds, or scripts, as far as what is needed for 2k1... so that I can make up for any development not getting done due to lack of staff. My work is of acceptable quality, as much of it is already on the server.

I really don't want this to get ugly, I don't have any evil intentions, I simply want to try my hand at reviving 2k1. If you're not progressing as fast as I could be, then it just seems wrong for you to hold on to it. Though I'm not entirely sure of your progress... you're very vague when it comes to answering that. I've been in game development for around 10 years and I know when someone is saying "we're making progress", that the project is either at a standstill, or it's barely moving. If you were making GOOD progress, you'd gladly be letting people know. You'd even be estimating release dates.
Closed Thread