Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can you give me the server name and level name or command which I need to type to see it? Because on servers like Zone it's working perfectly fine.
Are you sure they are an ani script and and a normal ani?

Here is where we are encountering the problem:
  • Server: Classic
  • Level: classic_staff_thor_02.nw
  • Say "dropexplosion"

That uses the exact gani script I provided here.

You could also use *Bomb which is a more complicated script, but has the same problem.

Edit:
Looked at it more, and it seems these conditions need to be satisfied for the crash:
  • setcharani in local clientside NPC (it worked fine as a showani)
  • the gani must be a normal ani + script
  • the gani script must have a showimg in it (even an empty showimg creates the problem)

It seems like the gani script finished before the crash happens, so possible some code problem in the destruction of images in setcharanis.

Last edited by WhiteDragon; 02-06-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Found a very strange bug..

Whilst testing Dusty's movement system, I found that if I had a high enough speed, I could move so fast the levels wouldn't be drawn in time and I ended up in a black level (except for the animated flower tiles).

The other strange bug occurred in both a custom and default movement system. I started at the bottom left corner of lith.gmap (on Litheria). Holding both up and left I was able to move up against the left hand boundary of the gmap. Eventually, I was walking into pure black.

The other odd issue I'm expierencing is after a while of being on Lith, it seems the timeout becomes more jagged. While I was moving normally with Dustys system, it eventually becomes a rather pulsated. Changing server doesn't resolve the issue and eventually I have to restart the client. Task manager has the client sitting comfortably at 60MB usage with no noticable CPU usage. Would be nice if anyone else could confirm that they have this issue.
1. 0.087890624 % Weapon +Movement
Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
it seems the timeout becomes more jagged
This happens on Classic's movement system too!

We actually checked the time occurring between the end of the onTimeout() and the start of the next one, and it was .1 rather than .05. It seems to only happen after being on the server for awhile.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I've noticed the FPS change also. It definitely changes the FPS and slows timeouts to 0.1, I've done some experimenting with it. It usually happens after being on a while, but will sometimes happen right away.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I've noticed the FPS change also. It definitely changes the FPS and slows timeouts to 0.1, I've done some experimenting with it. It usually happens after being on a while, but will sometimes happen right away.
I don't think the FPS changes. The ganis are smooth and other player's movement are smooth too... I think I have noticed projectiles and timeouts slowing doing only.

It's pretty odd.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Is it only timeouts or is there an actual drop in game FPS?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
It's happening now to me, definitely seems to be a general decrease in FPS, but it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Actually it's probably just timeouts, if it was FPS you wouldn't see yourself only moving every other frame.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 AM
the fake one
Quote:
It's happening now to me, definitely seems to be a general decrease in FPS, but it's hard to tell.

EDIT: Actually it's probably just timeouts, if it was FPS you wouldn't see yourself only moving every other frame.
It's definitely running at 20 FPS and just timeouts are being slowed, I can see, for example, animated shields running at 20 FPS.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Banned
So bump for Stefan. There are still two problems (that I know of): The ani problem and the timeout problem.

The timeout problem kind of makes everything unplayable so that is probably more important.

The ani problem does crash the client though so it should probably also be addressed.

Edit: The timeout problem seems to also affect scheduleevents.

Last edited by WhiteDragon; 02-14-2010 at 01:38 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Edit: The timeout problem seems to also affect scheduleevents.
Confirmed to happen with my tutorial system on Zodiac
Old 02-26-2010, 04:06 AM
the fake one
GuiButtonCtrl.performclick() doesn't seem to work; Script: Function SQL_Data_CloseTab.performclick not found in function SQL_Data_Tabs_Menu.onSelect in script of Weapon Staff/SQL Explorer. I can use any other functions or variables of the button, and objectType() returns "GuiButtonCtrl". Can anyone reproduce this?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
GuiButtonCtrl.performclick() doesn't seem to work
It has been removed a long time ago because of security issues.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:16 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
How do I get the new version? I have W7
Old 02-27-2010, 12:29 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
How do I get the new version? I have W7
You have to contact Skyld about it but I think gaining access is closed for the moment.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
You have to contact Skyld about it but I think gaining access is closed for the moment.
Skyld- I DEMAND ACCESS!!

Tags
graal v6, windows