Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 02:03 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
If i had trial i would just look at the forum for the time im in obs...
Actually i already do that while playing graal xP
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Stefan needs to replace Unixmad.
He's a total idiot.

Just use freaking ads, ffs!
Ads in PM Bubbles as example..
Old 05-24-2009, 02:03 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Yeah, or they could make it so that people can "upgrade their accountname"
Pay like 3$ and then the player would get to choose his/her name.
That idea i like Alot.
And maybe add more buyable features on different servers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano
Maybe adds on other sites to? That would bring the pc up..
Old 05-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I like your name idea Vima.. But they also should allow 4 Charatchers or howver i write that.. Cuz i can't make Name :P
Old 05-24-2009, 03:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
How about no. They tried this in the past and Googi said it didn't have any significant impact. Again, stop trying to annoy users into upgrading. Give them a real reason instead, i.e a quality server.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
How about no. They tried this in the past and Googi said it didn't have any significant impact. Again, stop trying to annoy users into upgrading. Give them a real reason instead, i.e a quality server.
I wasn't talking about Ads for the Trials.
Everybody should have Ads, then Graal would earn enough to disable the Trials and give everyone P2P.

Why the hell do you think Runescape got so many players? It's free!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:49 PM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
Classic needs to be free for all players. Trials, Classic Subs, P2P, everyone. Across the board. This has to happen.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Era had such an awesome system for trials back in the day. you logged on and were able to choose between an uzi, handgun, shotgun, or a crowbar. it was incredibly fun. I was able to log on and get right into the game. I pked, made a fake gang, and raided random buildings.

my incentive to upgrade was I wanted more than just the 3 simple starter guns. I also wanted to be able to save of course so I could make money to purchase other weapons and items. gangs never recruited trials back then so that was another reason why I wanted to upgrade.

now trials operate the same as p2ps except you're stuck with observer mode every so often.

there was a lot more incentive to upgrade in the past than there is right now.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh and I hate the idea about buyable items on Servers, would quit Graal right away.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I think this thread is pretty obvious proof that we can't make everyone happy. Everyone is contradicting each others ideas, and even if the trial system did change, there would still be people who don't like it.
Now, I agree, observer mode probably isn't that great, especially because it causes so many problems for scripters, but if it worked as well as it was intended to work, it could have been a good system.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I think this thread is pretty obvious proof that we can't make everyone happy. Everyone is contradicting each others ideas, and even if the trial system did change, there would still be people who don't like it.
Now, I agree, observer mode probably isn't that great, especially because it causes so many problems for scripters, but if it worked as well as it was intended to work, it could have been a good system.
How was it intended to work?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with whoever posted before about limitations. Playerworlds should try and work with whoever they need to, to set some limitations. Level caps, member's only areas. Kind of like GK did. Then we would more than likey be able to rid of this horrible observer mode. =/

GK did this and It is a great concept. I enjoyed playing for free... but it is better for gk as it is now. It will def give people a good taste of the game... but not all of it.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
.... but if it worked as well as it was intended to work, it could have been a good system.
It didn't work as well as it was intended to, so why is it still here? No point in commenting on what it could have been, after it already isn't.

Graal had around ~500 players all the time during the day, almost every single day, when I started. It was one server, and it was free. Everything was dandy.

Then they made servers. Ok, cool. More possibilities. Then ALOT of people started making servers. Then it was p2p.

If the game is still on all the same servers, or even relatively close to the same price (which it should be, if its not that's because of stupid moves), and people are paying for ALL these UC servers, which are roughly $70 usd a piece, then all the gold accounts to work on it, WHY ISNT GRAAL FREE?

Seriously, you don't make money on probably over half of us anyways, and the other half or so you make a decent amount (multiply $70 times how many UC servers there are, and how many will renew? Not counting gold for developers)

Make it where if you want a server, you pay. If graal was free, there would probably be even more people willing to pay for gold just to work on a UC server too. Seriously stefan, unixmad? This is out to you.

The game will die soon enough. I dont want it to. I feel weird to say graal has been my off time for like 10 years. But holy crap. Apparently now that there is rarely 200 players on at once (yeah, a few times there will be close to 350), obviously a mistake has constantly been made.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 10-22-2009, 06:40 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
I'm all for the old trial system again , i would play on un , classic , mal , zenkou for hours , hell even for a hole 24hours stright just enjoing the game not having to worry about waiting times. I didnt mind restarting the next day eather becouse i knew it was the price for being a trial. I dont play any of the classic servers anymore and now i dont enjoy loging on checking up on uc servers becouse of the obs mode and the lack of quality in servers(i agree crono).

Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Since this thread was bumped, i'll throw in my opinions. :P

The current system...sucks. Plain and simple. Since I ran out of Gold, I don't log on any UC servers. (Thank god for lifetime classic)
Its just not worth it...I log in, observer mode. And I don't feel like waiting, so I log out.

They should give us incentive to pay for an account...rather than, "If you don't pay, you will keep having this annoying thing happen! Muahaha!"

Observer mode makes me feel awkward every time it pops up.

So, instead of holding accounts hostage in 5-10 minute intervals, why not give us reasons to pay other than the annoying observer mode going away.
Because if "No observer mode" is the best reason they can give us to pay for our accounts...