Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2016, 10:23 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
A Haiku

graal2001

come back into my life please

graal2001
Old 07-07-2016, 06:08 PM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
^

Lets give someone RC access so we can actually take a look at what has to be done / can be done.

The powers that be... is it so hard to do that?
Old 07-08-2016, 11:18 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
it's snowing on mount fuji
Old 07-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
The powers that be... is it so hard to do that?
yes
Old 07-08-2016, 12:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
it's snowing on mount fuji
dae game gremps xDD
Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Basically what Skyld said. The powers that be are trying to keep G2K1 on the stealth hush for some reason. And I do not suspect that the reason is positive. My own theory is that they tried to make it an iPhone server and screwed everything up royally, then they just left it that way. I'm hoping someone has decent backups (Lance would). I'm not opposed to just buying a server and uploading Graal2001 to it.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Basically what Skyld said. The powers that be are trying to keep G2K1 on the stealth hush for some reason. And I do not suspect that the reason is positive. My own theory is that they tried to make it an iPhone server and screwed everything up royally, then they just left it that way.
There was talk in the past of turning Graal2001 into an iPhone server, but I do not know if this ever was even started properly. Quite a bit of conversion to GScript2 took place otherwise but it was certainly never finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru
I'm hoping someone has decent backups (Lance would). I'm not opposed to just buying a server and uploading Graal2001 to it.
This is probably the better way to get some kind of momentum, but I can't help but feel that this too would be a wasted effort. Graal on PC does not have the playerbase anymore to make such efforts really worthwhile, and the subscription model doesn't lend itself to new players wanting to download the game either.

Perhaps you could get some kind of agreement from unixmad to complete the transformation into a mobile game, but then micropayments would destroy the very delicate balance that Graal2001 once had. With Classic this was not so much of an issue because there wasn't really an economy in the first place, but on Graal2001 every single gralat counted for some real hours played and there was an amount of progression needed to really get anywhere. If you could just "buy your way in" then it would undo that and take the fun away.

Then there's the question of just how much of a future Graal has anyway. The Windows, Linux and Mac clients seemingly have not had any updates in nearly two years. Other playerworlds have simply fallen by the wayside or been taken offline altogether. There is still no improvement on the developer tools from several years ago.

I think this might be it.

Torque2D open source fork on Github, anyone?
Old 07-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
you dont need dev tools, g2k1 is perfect remember? just upload it and it will bring in the 1000+ players from its own greatness
Old 07-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
you dont need dev tools, g2k1 is perfect remember? just upload it and it will bring in the 1000+ players from its own greatness
oh ok
Old 07-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
oh ok
!
Old 07-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:45 PM
G2k1
Quote:
I mean this hyperbole is way over-exaggerated, but I do think Graal2001 would bring in a surprising number of players initially. Maybe 50-100 for the first few months.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I mean this hyperbole is way over-exaggerated, but I do think Graal2001 would bring in a surprising number of players initially. Maybe 50-100 for the first few months.

If the player count
were sixty five or higher
I would play for sure

Old 07-15-2016, 12:30 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm hoping someone has decent backups (Lance would)
yeah
Old 07-15-2016, 12:40 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Then there's the question of just how much of a future Graal has anyway. The Windows, Linux and Mac clients seemingly have not had any updates in nearly two years. Other playerworlds have simply fallen by the wayside or been taken offline altogether. There is still no improvement on the developer tools from several years ago.

I think this might be it.

Torque2D open source fork on Github, anyone?
that's sad to hear