Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Pelikano Pelikano is offline
Registered User
Pelikano's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,133
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
I'm interesting into knowing why the bows were stocked at 6:15am eastern considering 80% of era's playerbase was sleeping at that time. I was online at the time, yes, but I had just recently purchased the Flak Cannon so I was out of EC's.
That was stocked at 9:10pm eastern, mind you.
I really would like to know this too.
  #47  
Old 05-25-2009, 03:11 PM
LordSquirt LordSquirt is offline
|Mry|
LordSquirt's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 958
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
For some reason it won't let me quote Frank, so i'll have to do without doing so. However, this is directed to him.

You know I live in EST timezone also? I don't understanding what you're trying to say. I wasn't the one who chose the time to stock it, and I was only one out of three who bought it. Also, in regards to the Flak, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage against Europeans then. If it was stocked at 9 10 PM EST it would be like 2AM for the Europeans.
  #48  
Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Pelikano Pelikano is offline
Registered User
Pelikano's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,133
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
For some reason it won't let me quote Frank, so i'll have to do without doing so. However, this is directed to him.

You know I live in EST timezone also? I don't understanding what you're trying to say. I wasn't the one who chose the time to stock it, and I was only one out of three who bought it. Also, in regards to the Flak, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage against Europeans then. If it was stocked at 9 10 PM EST it would be like 2AM for the Europeans.
However, I think you just got to the main point.
I just don't see why ET Weapons aren't getting restocked again, I mean wtf?

I think they should be made undroppable, but stocked unlimited, so everyone with enough ECs should be able to buy them.
And they should be allowed in Events, I mean buying a Weapon with Event Coins and not being able to use it in Events is pretty illogic, isn't it?
  #49  
Old 05-25-2009, 03:46 PM
LordSquirt LordSquirt is offline
|Mry|
LordSquirt's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 958
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
However, I think you just got to the main point.
I just don't see why ET Weapons aren't getting restocked again, I mean wtf?

I think they should be made undroppable, but stocked unlimited, so everyone with enough ECs should be able to buy them.
And they should be allowed in Events, I mean buying a Weapon with Event Coins and not being able to use it in Events is pretty illogic, isn't it?
I never understood the purpose of making EVENT weapons disabled in EVENTS and it wasn't one of the things that I liked at all. However, like I said it's not my choice. Also, like I said before I recommended that we should stock the event items, however, that went no where
  #50  
Old 05-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Frankie9011 Frankie9011 is offline
Registered User
Frankie9011's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
You just made the point I was trying to make, Squirt.
6:30am EST is NOT when most EST players are online, obviously, because they're probably sleeping. I'd say about 3-4 regular EST people are on at that time (including you and myself), so how can you say thats fair? 2am is a much more reasonable time...

And what I'm "trying" to say is that it seems fishy to me that you'd be up so late considering I always see you get off around 4:30am..
__________________

Last edited by Frankie9011; 05-25-2009 at 08:03 PM..
  #51  
Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanatoses Thanatoses is offline
Registered User
Thanatoses's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 122
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
How would it be any less difficult? It might not be that simple to implement, but it would make balancing weapons in the future way easier. Because one weapon will never have more points than the other, you'll most likely never encounter a gun that is more powerful than the next, statistically. The effects of the statistics themselves may have to be balanced, but that would mean it would universally balance with the weapons rather than individually. Right now I believe stats are pretty much assigned as 'seen fit', so you might end up with a weapon that has shoddy fire rate, but an attack power that way overcompensates and ends up statistically better than a gun meant to be equally as powerful with better firing rate. It would basically be doing what staff are trying to accomplish right now, but hard-coded.

Also, there is no harm in throwing out theoretical proposals. However, there is harm in dismissing them because "I know it won't work", when there is no firm reason to say it wouldn't. So really, your whole uninformed proposal stuff is a moot point. Because really, where is the harm in me making them?
I view things by weighing the pros and cons, the amount of effort put into such a system outweighs the benefits by far. Its an inefficient inecessity, it would by far limit the versatility in weapons and would no way insure balance any more than now. You are looking at weapon balancing in a separate but equal ordeal, that is only pertaining to certain weapons of the same class or status. Weapons of different or superior classes are meant to be BETTER. A shotgun should not at all be balanced with a PBP Shotgun, the gun is of more rarity, power and etc. Which detests your proposal. On era, price, rarity, and purpose determine a weapon's stats. Your proposal would work for ONLY guns that share those factors which are not enough consume this much work.

Most beneficial and efficient method is the current, an Admin with knowledge of the weapons and can properly adjust them as see fit. (By Admin, I do not mean Chris Vimes)

Do not send uninformed or underinformed proposals because we have to waste our ripping them apart. The wasting of the time of others is a form of harm.
__________________
You manipulate people in order to get your way and I do not like it, I demand that you stop it." - Anonymous (lol)
Wil Soul formally known as BlasterX (The Intimidator)
  #52  
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
cbk1994 cbk1994 is offline
the fake one
cbk1994's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,718
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
You just made the point I was trying to make, Squirt.
6:30am EST is NOT when most EST players are online, obviously, because they're probably sleeping. I'd say about 3-4 regular EST people are on at that time (including you and myself), so how can you say thats fair? 2am is a much more reasonable time...

And what I'm "trying" to say is that it seems fishy to me that you'd be up so late considering I always see you get off around 4:30am..
As far as stocking weapons, it's always going to be unfair when releasing new ones. Perhaps in the future, it would be best to have an auction of some kind that lasts a day or two so everyone gets a chance.

Squirt is indeed on around 6:30 AM. I've been up then we he is.
__________________
  #53  
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Dark_Zeratul101 Dark_Zeratul101 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 264
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
There are also different factors for guns that people tend to oversee. Such as the reach of the gun, the position the gun is on, and the spread itself.
  #54  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:02 PM
LordSquirt LordSquirt is offline
|Mry|
LordSquirt's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 958
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I work the night shift at my job that means that I go to work anywhere from 8PM EST until 8AM EST. Depending on the day/my time schedule you would see me on frequently during that time. However, like I said before I was never the one to stock it in the first place. Also, if it was such a bad time to stock it why were three of them sold like not even 5 minutes after they were stocked. Obviously their had to be some amount of people on for three people to have more than 125EC. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone with that much EC currently.
  #55  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 PM
MontyPython MontyPython is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 268
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I work the night shift at my job that means that I go to work anywhere from 8PM EST until 8AM EST. Depending on the day/my time schedule you would see me on frequently during that time. However, like I said before I was never the one to stock it in the first place. Also, if it was such a bad time to stock it why were three of them sold like not even 5 minutes after they were stocked. Obviously their had to be some amount of people on for three people to have more than 125EC. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone with that much EC currently.
Indeed.

Which brings me to a question I've often wondered.

Just how exactly did you manage to aquire so many ECs? This happened a while back, as I recall.

You hadn't been on Era very long. Innate talent for era-related events, I suppose?
  #56  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 PM
salesman salesman is offline
Finger lickin' good.
salesman's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,865
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Unless we make all event items untransferable, selling overpowered weapons in the EC shop is stupid

(which is why I removed them)

edit: I think Squirt's been MVP in like 3 gang Koths too
  #57  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 PM
LordSquirt LordSquirt is offline
|Mry|
LordSquirt's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 958
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
Indeed.

Which brings me to a question I've often wondered.

Just how exactly did you manage to aquire so many ECs? This happened a while back, as I recall.

You hadn't been on Era very long. Innate talent for era-related events, I suppose?
I hardly played events back then. That's not to say I didn't play events at all, but I hardly participated in them. I gained my EC though being on GP tag. Every 7hours on tag I received one coin. You might look at this and say "OMG ONE EC 7 HOURS IMPOSSIBLE", but it's not. I was on GP tag constantly, only going off for gang related reasons as well as business. I also participated in many gang events and was the MVP of many gang events, which helped me received the 125EC needed.
  #58  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM
xXMonkeyManXx xXMonkeyManXx is offline
Blaire Deviant
xXMonkeyManXx's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 29
xXMonkeyManXx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatoses View Post
Era's been downhill for decades, its on a steady decline, went rapid from TSAdmin to Icarus, bu now its back to its original downward slope.

Aldaris, you're contradicting yourself. You stated it had little to do with staff then stated a reason that had EVERYTHING to do with staff, lol. Era's decline has alot to do with staff, no sense in trying to bury that.
Finally someone knows what I'm talking about.
__________________
3093804646_62277a756a_m.jpg
  #59  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Vman13x Vman13x is offline
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 691
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
And the only cool staff there is the one 8th down from the top :]
You must forgive him he means the most cry baby staff not cool staff.
  #60  
Old 05-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Frankie Frankie is offline
xChugxLifex
Frankie's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,610
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
sure. squirt gets ECs for being MVP but now days all the MVP gets is a stupid hat.
__________________
*Sum41Freeeeek
*Frankie
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.