Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
this is what Graal really is.
Not really, the way Graal is built it encourages people to use custom tilesets rather then sticking with the original.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Not really, the way Graal is built it encourages people to use custom tilesets rather then sticking with the original.
Limited tileset size and predefined reactions to the tiles are not an encouragement to deviate from the general Graal style.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:14 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Limited tileset size and predefined reactions to the tiles are not an encouragement to deviate from the general Graal style.
how is the tileset size limited?
maybe limited in 1 file, but you can have as many tileset files as you want. in fact, it's better to be that way because if you have so many tiles that you need to have different files for them, it's better organization.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I like the graphics too, and I wish I could've played it when it was active...=[
Old 02-02-2009, 04:02 AM
Banned
TheSpude_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
A lesson learned! Care less about your tileset's and pay attention to more important things first!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:19 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
If it had any kind of player count, I'd look into it..
Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
How would it have any type of playercount if the place that the server is being developed is locked to staff only.. ? Either way. I will say that I am now working there and it is probably the most interesting server i've seen on Graal to date.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
how is the tileset size limited?
maybe limited in 1 file, but you can have as many tileset files as you want. in fact, it's better to be that way because if you have so many tiles that you need to have different files for them, it's better organization.
Without very good organization it can be very limited. Sometimes, organization isn't enough, and there just isn't enough room for all the tiles needed. It happens, rarely, but it still happens.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
I appreciate all the positive feedback. As for the complaints that we are just a remake of pics1.png... Well I really don't know what to say other than the fact that you must not have seen any of the screen shots in the older threads showing a wider aspect of what the Overworld will look like. I'd just like to reiterate for those of you who do not know, what is public on Delteria right now is a very much outdated BETA release of just ONE city on the Overworld. For whomever commented on how the city was not pk friendly and overly cluttered, myself and the Delterian Staff Team agree with you on this point and they have in fact made it much more of a pk friendly area.

I am going to try to encourage the staff team to release a thread with a decent preview of some of what we have to offer sometime within the next few months to try and get some possible new recruits to the staff roster excited and more inclined to come and work for us sometime within the next month or two.

Any help that anybody would want to give to the server would be much appreciated, and as Cloven said you can either forum PM him for an application to any staff position, or you can register at forums.delteria.com and send a forum PM there to Tiamat (for levels), Riot (for scripting), or Sandz (for gfx) to apply directly to your department. I also take applications for any position, however, my response time will be much much slower than any of the other people mentioned and all I would do is take your application to any of the fore-mentioned administrators.

You will probably be all happy to know that progress on Delteria has been going much faster than in years passed, although we do still lack a full gs2 scripting team, so look forward to public updates sometime within the new year.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
as much as I like delteria- it's still only a pics1.png edit
Why must it be non-pics1.png to be cool? Yeah it's different, but pics1.png gives the true Graal feeling in my mind. Deteria has elaborated on it and it is quite beautiful still. I think one of the major problems is a bunch of servers have drifted away from a storyline "Because it's too hard or just not fun" and have defaulted to, just actually killing each other. Some games like that are great, (I'm not allowed to name them though), but a lot of games people love, are ones that have the pk relentless thing but actually have to do it with friends to proceed to the next "stage" in game play. It grinds my gears that everyone just wants to

1. Shoot'N'Kill
2. Get points/money to buy better weapon(s)
3. Repeat

People just have to 'think different'.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
lol the cave tiles
ok if u took UN that's pics1
if u seen Delt. tiles set its different
what i think they did is like N-Pulse did with the n-pulse rebirth tiles set
u draw a img then u place it there very different as i can tell cause i can lat pretty good
the building tiles are pretty confusing but u can get it done u just got to find out how they did it that's all