Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Lourne is on a distinguished road
LAT looking for work

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but this seemed like the safest place. I've been away from Graal for a bit and came back looking to continue working my work as a level designer. Unfortunately, development on Graal seems to be at a standstill and there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in the playerworld hirings section like I remembered.

That being said, I'm looking to contribute to a servers development through level design. I can work with custom tilesets or the default pics1.png. However, I am not interested in working on a modern themed server. I have an active gold subscription, so I'm available to work on UC servers as well.

The following images are works of mine. One of a pics1 level, one of a cave inside I did while working for Soala on ruins, and one using Delterias tileset.

If you're looking for a LAT contact me by forum PM with the details of your application.

Please do not contact me if:
- You do not have an application process. Chances are, if you're not checking the aptitude of your workers before hiring, you're just wasting your time with your server.
- You are unorganized and your server lacks structure and direction. Again, wasting your time.
- Your server is Modern styled. I have no interest in that style of design.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Mercury
Sp_lit will become famous soon enough
Wow, I really like your levels. Looking great
Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks. (:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Please post some inside levels. In my opinion, these levels are not enough to determine your skill in all aspects of making levels.

Also, do you have any experience with using light effects?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
I love that cliff thing in the top left, the thing where the cliff goes down, but closes up. Confusing to explain xD, but amazing good job!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I agree, they're not enough to determine my skill in all levels, which is why I fully expected to receive applications in finding a job. These were simply readily available already, so I just copied the links. I'll work on some inside levels today and add them to the first post.

As far as light effects: No, I do not. However, I feel that I'm a quick learner and if the job required it and someone were able to pass along the knowledge, it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I can personally recommend this guy!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
If there's one LAT you need to hire when attempting to create a server, it's him.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I can personally recommend this guy!
Although I'm surprised by your recommendation, I appreciate you vouching for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
If there's one LAT you need to hire when attempting to create a server, it's him.
It's a shame I lost internet when I did. I still salivate over what Ruins could've became and what I could've made over the length of months with that tileset. Thanks for your kind words, Soala, as always.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Major tile errors at the waterfalls in the first picture. From a server design perspective, I might expect more of a path (where people are going to congregate, there will be at the very least a beaten path).

I like the inside of your cave, but the hole looks a bit tile-error'ish. I'm not familiar with that tileset, but if the tileset doesn't have nice transition, you can make an npc. If that's what people still do. I know things are different with the npc server now.

It's been a few years since I've used the new Delteria tileset, but I think your cliff tops are inconsistent (look at the side-facing ones vs the down-facing ones). I see a couple tile errors with the cliffs in general you'll want to tidy up. The roof of the house (at the back) is inconsistent with the angle of the cliff sides. I don't care what Tiamat might or might not be doing.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Major tile errors at the waterfalls in the first picture.
I don't think it's major tile errors, as much as it is meant to look like the waterfall is moving, without using animations.

Lourne, I like your work - simple uncluttered work. Though you certainly need at least 1 inside to show.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:29 AM
MrDunne is on a distinguished road
I might have something for you. I'll get in touch in the next few days.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Your work with the custom tilesets are beautiful - a few mistakes in the cliffing in the original level. I hope you find some work, with experience you'll find alternative ways and techniques which work more effective than the current way you're building cliffs. Great job!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Looking good
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.