Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
iPhone Graal updates on pc version?

Stop posting them, we don't care. Put them on the Graal site or something, not the PC version of Graal.
Besides, whats the point? 90% of the iPhone players don't even know about the PC version of Graal, how are they going to see the update?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
no? o_o

There are not alot of updates on PC version- so why not promote iPhone?
Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
no? o_o
His post may come across as crude but his points are mostly true, there isn't really much of an audience for this type of thing here unless you're only trying to prove a certain point to Era's players and/or staff, whereas such publications are likely to be very effective with the likes of facebook and youtube if you're not attempting this already.

Plus you're always going to have people such as myself ridiculing the "*NEW* Hats™" updates .

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
There are not alot of updates on PC version- so why not promote iPhone?
Perhaps if there was a movement towards encouraging iPhone users to migrate to PC Graal there'd be both more updates to PC Graal and more justification for publishing these iPhone updates here.

Last edited by ffcmike; 02-18-2011 at 05:41 PM..
Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
To keep consistent with fake statistics, I'd say people don't actually care for 90% of Graal news in general. So for the sake of change might as well keep posting them.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Stop posting them, we don't care.
Working on iClassic, I think it's kinda cool to see what the other servers iDevice servers are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
To keep consistent with fake statistics, I'd say people don't actually care for 90% of Graal news in general.
I have the News feeds on my 'My Yahoo' page just for the heck of it.. some of us do check it.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 AM
You can call me noto.
FrozenLies0 will become famous soon enough
imo it's not really a big deal lol
Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Not to be overly critical, but I'm going to have to agree with WaDa. I almost feel like the iphone news updates gives staff self-justification in the sense of not having to release new content to the pc. If you kept the iphone updates out, it would show how little is being done to servers here. Or at least kingdoms. Not to say staff isn't busy however. Because it's fact that staff members like Tig are working very hard on kingdoms for iphone.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:29 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
I mean.. post the updates on the iPhone version of Graal where people actually care.
It's probably an excuse to show that work is being done on the PC version of Graal, so they flood it with random updates that we don't really care about; iPhone Graal updates?

Old 02-18-2011, 08:52 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Not to be overly critical, but I'm going to have to agree with WaDa. I almost feel like the iphone news updates gives staff self-justification in the sense of not having to release new content to the pc. If you kept the iphone updates out, it would show how little is being done to servers here. Or at least kingdoms. Not to say staff isn't busy however. Because it's fact that staff members like Tig are working very hard on kingdoms for iphone.
The news barely has any weight as it is on Graal, let alone influence on staff and their work towards their respective servers.

There are far greater reasons for the lack of updates on Graal than stupid news articles.

Hell, a Twitter feed would be more appropriate for displaying the amount of small updates that occur on Graal instead of the articles that get posted now.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
We have a facebook page which we post updates on.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
I enjoy taking a look at the iPhone updates. Especially Andrews!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
I care, I think its great!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:11 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
how come they don't promote PC graal on iPhone graal? It would actually be promoting something
Old 02-19-2011, 04:47 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Stop posting them, we don't care. Put them on the Graal site or something, not the PC version of Graal.
Besides, whats the point? 90% of the iPhone players don't even know about the PC version of Graal, how are they going to see the update?
iPhone Servers are still Graal Worlds and disallowing them to post news on the login server would be wrong. Also the news from the Wiki is updated so that it will be visible on graalonline.com/news, the RSS Feed: http://www.graalonline.com/news.xml, and on the login server which is updated simultaneously. I also tweet the updates on Twitter @GraalNews. Out of this list the news is visible in five different places including the login server.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
You promote them in the wrong place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Well... this is the Playerworlds subforum... and these are Era iPhone updates... but when I pay for access to Playerworlds, I can't access Era iPhone...

Someone's in the wrong place!