Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the Mog.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Not sure if I like the blue ones or green ones now XD I agree w/ dusty. Maybe makin the pathway stones mog is standing on more white would help? ~o~
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomV View Post
Thanks alot guys.
I also improved the bushes and water, along with some new tiles:

I like this more xD but with some more contrast.

Keep in mind that not all monitors are calibrated so people will most likely see it differently anyways so don't get too picky.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned
ThomV is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
I like this more xD but with some more contrast.

Keep in mind that not all monitors are calibrated so people will most likely see it differently anyways so don't get too picky.
Yeah, this is getting kinda tedious tweaking the colors over and over. I have three different screens on my desk (two Windows, one Mac), trying to find the right balance. I just wanna get this the best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I love the new hedges, although the rest of the scene is now slightly darker than expectations... I wouldn't call it depressing though. Though I think just the grass needs to be adjusted now, nothing else.
Quick edit on the grass. Hope this is well balanced:

Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
I think it looks awsome!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
ok since everybody wants to bash me and saying it a very nice way now im going to be blunt. I think if this server was on classic tab i would be annoyed with the graphics there good but doesnt look good all together. kind of like that tree on mal
it was annoying so i never play mal
Old 07-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
ok since everybody wants to bash me and saying it a very nice way now im going to be blunt. I think if this server was on classic tab i would be annoyed with the graphics there good but doesnt look good all together. kind of like that tree on mal
I didn't want to bash you, it's simply very unlikely for anyone to take you serious if you don't take what you do(leaving comments/feedback) serious. It's as if you don't even try, or have never passed English class.

And about the tree, I can understand it annoys you if it isn't your taste. It'd be nice if you'd explain the reason why next time, and how one can improve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
you should make in-corners for the hedges
Old 07-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Nobody is saying that these graphics justify the server being on the PlayerWorlds tab, this will always be judged based on the content that is at hand. And do you honestly think new players care deeply about graphics provided there is a sufficient amount of things to do?

Not that I can see where you're coming from about drawed tiles being "annoying", I personally find this refreshing, it looks unique but importantly not too alien.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Thank you, sir
Old 07-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback

Yeah, this is getting kinda tedious tweaking the colors over and over. I have three different screens on my desk (two Windows, one Mac), trying to find the right balance. I just wanna get this the best I can.

Quick edit on the grass. Hope this is well balanced:

Much better. The important thing is giving contrast between walkable areas and nonwalkable areas and this is being accomplished quite well here.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Nobody is saying that these graphics justify the server being on the PlayerWorlds tab, this will always be judged based on the content that is at hand. And do you honestly think new players care deeply about graphics provided there is a sufficient amount of things to do?

Not that I can see where you're coming from about drawed tiles being "annoying", I personally find this refreshing, it looks unique but importantly not too alien.
ya i like the idea
its fresh idea but i just think that they could of went deeper
like animation chars ect
unquie buildings ect
like i see it as not unqiue or creativity they just took pics1 and redraw it
thats about it i miss the creativity that servers had

also evo i honestly dont care enough on the fourms to really care how i sound like if i put my effort into typing up and proof reading its a waste of time i dont get paid so its not important to me
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Drizzy will become famous soon enough
Wonder how long it'll take to reach Europa's current status
Old 07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned
Quote:
ya i like the idea
its fresh idea but i just think that they could of went deeper
like animation chars ect
unquie buildings ect
like i see it as not unqiue or creativity they just took pics1 and redraw it
thats about it i miss the creativity that servers had
This might fit my previous project Europa better. The thing is, this was way too hard to grasp on Graal's canvas. It may give you the idea I'm simply tracing pics1.png - this, I feel, is a much more simplistic and realistic approach.

Quote:
also evo i honestly dont care enough on the fourms to really care how i sound like if i put my effort into typing up and proof reading its a waste of time i dont get paid so its not important to me
Evo is the server name.

That's perfectly fine if that's your style, just don't expect anyone to respond to you with 'care'. None of us get paid for this, if I didn't enjoy what I did I wouldn't be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
Wonder how long it'll take to reach Europa's current status
Thanks for speaking your mind, I'm safe to say I learn from mistakes. Trial & error is probably the greatest teacher. I wish the same for you and Endora.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Drizzy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This might fit my previous project Europa better. The thing is, this was way too hard to grasp on Graal's canvas. It may give you the idea I'm simply tracing pics1.png - this, I feel, is a much more simplistic and realistic approach.

Evo is the server name.

That's perfectly fine if that's your style, just don't expect anyone to respond to you with 'care'. None of us get paid for this, if I didn't enjoy what I did I wouldn't be here.

Thanks for speaking your mind, I'm safe to say I learn from mistakes. Trial & error is probably the greatest teacher. I wish the same for you and Endora.
Thanks man, but only you are blessed with the abilities as of what you did with Europa.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:34 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
This is just epic.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.