Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What's offered here that isn't offered elsewhere or at a higher standard? No offense, but it seems to be in very poor condition right now and I'm very surprised this can get you onto the hosted tab.

Edit: Or maybe I'm just blinded by Atlantis' quality in comparison, especially since AEON has been on the Hosted tab for like 10 years. I dunno.
Atlantis may have high quality content, but there is nothing to do.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Shaded Legend, Aeon and Atlantis are living proof of the double edged sword that has become Hosted Tab.

First there is the group clamoring to have a UC server become hosted because it was such an awesome server and they want to see it back.

Next there is the expectation that once a server is visible it will draw in talented people who want to help make that server successful.

Lastly there is the reward factor for those that really did work very hard to restore or make a server that has potential only to have the staff grow bored or get busy with life after it makes it that far and have the server go dormant.

The basic premise of Hosted is that the development will continue and conditions will only improve over time. So lets say Aeon qualifies for hosted then over time stops making changes. They actually still qualify to fit on hosted tab but do we remove them for lack of improvements after a certain period?

This was my intention when I was the PWA admin but the idea wasn't very well received. What would happen is they would be removed, new staff would be hired then they would be reapplying for hosted again. They technically still qualified but the we expect it will continue on the same cycle so what do we do to stop the cycle?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Atlantis may have high quality content, but there is nothing to do.
Might this be because Atlantis's staff possibly recognise that in order for it to become successful they have to prioritise on entirely new things, which take up more time, rather than re-hash a version of the server which was unsuccessful half a decade ago and offers nothing more or greater than what is offered elsewhere?

Even with Classic we didn't release playable content until a whole year had passed, and even this was comparatively very basic.
Does this mean we weren't working on playable things or we were taking the history/reputation of the server for granted and assuming it would succeed anyway?
No, it was mostly preparation in order to allow development to go more smoothly over a longer period of time.

I have nothing against SL, but I'm worried that it might be a case of jumping the gun and not being aware of how monumentally large the task really is.
Though ofcourse the primary intention of the hosted tab is to improve the chances of attracting developers/interest and this may well prove to work.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Well, I bring the point up because I want to get back into Graal development, but i'm limited to Classic servers only, since i'm no way going to pay $50+ just for that purpose alone.

At the very least, lifetime classic accounts should have access to the hosted servers. Not all UC servers, but at least the hosted ones.
If I see a server go hosted, and I want to offer my help, too bad. I have lifetime classic.

Just seems like it would benefit the servers more if they were opened up to more development opportunities, other than just the people who pay outrageous amounts of money for their accounts.
Just wanted to chime in on this point, Classic-account-enabled (aka Free) developing is pretty much the only reason why a lot of the good developers are still around.

I probably wouldn't still be around if I had to.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Just wanted to chime in on this point, Classic-account-enabled (aka Free) developing is pretty much the only reason why a lot of the good developers are still around.

I probably wouldn't still be around if I had to.
Definitely true, though I'd also say this is a double-bullet towards non Classic-account-enabled servers as it hinders the necessary continuity.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:12 AM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
here's some answers to the things pointed out so far .

1 The tileset - the one they are using is an older tileset . the tree colors were changed as well as the tree's themselves , the white blocks under some was a chair that james had made , yet different tileset . 90% of the tree's on the map later became class npcs so they fell over when you cut them down .

2 The intro - there was multipal copy's of the intro so if a player was in it you would be sent to another copy of the same level . apparently there is only one copy of it up right now . also people have complained about the time it takes to go through it for many year's so there was a skip option in the OSL . however you miss vital information to the story line if you do so . alot of people being on at a time ment some would have to sit in a waiting room till a copy opened up . the point of it being one at a time was limitations in gs1 .

3 tile/script/sprite errors - the server went down when gs2 was being put in so expect some things to be broken . not everything was in the backup as was hoped . a few things like the improved map were missing .

keep in mind this server is from awhile back and stuff is missing , so let them put it back together before you go picking it apart .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 06-29-2011, 11:36 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i can't even muster up the enthusiasm to try playing SL again, especially in a broken, hosted-tab state

honestly the only cool thing about SL was Ezra anyways
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Shaded Legend Management
CujoDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CujoDaMan Send a message via MSN to CujoDaMan
Hello guys,

I have read over all these posts and i am taking all your concerns into consideration. I would like to know, to those who have concerns about the intro, if you have completed it do you like the storyline, if so what would you like to see to keep the story line. If i shorten the intro, what is a reasonable time frame 5 minutes, less?

I'd really like to hear about all of your concerns and suggestions.

Thank you
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Ermm but is it normal to have 3 bomb weapons in my inventory with 2 of them working properly and the broken default bomb?

It's genius.

Last edited by Tricxta; 07-04-2011 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: >.>
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I got stuck here.. random bombs blowing me up until I died. (the conversation kept repeating).
Logged off.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Developer
Chelterrar is on a distinguished road
Yeah that server as a few fails but they are fixable. I whish the staff members Good Luck and hopefully they'll get alot of players

And again please fix the bugs or don't open a special part, like Callimuc showed in his pics. Just close the house down and set it under Construction

Chelterrar

LAT is my profession
Just ask me for levels or Npc-Scripts.
Also I look for servers to lat on

Current Server: Minus

Write me a mail: [email protected]

One Dream
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
i always like those animals looking thing u can ride
that they use instead of horses i think that was the thing i like the most about SL when it was on classic tab
Old 07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
the swint ? the red'ish yoshi looking thing ?
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .