Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Well, here's an idea of what I wanna try and do for the next gang update.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vi1m4m.png

I'm going to start scripting it tomorrow and I'll be posting updates here. If you wanna add suggestions on what should be included, post them here.
I think you should focus less on the interface and more on the game-play aspects of gangs. What's the point of redoing what's already there?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Well, I'm not even sure if anyone has noticed this before, but you can't actually remove gang members unless you're removing them while they're online. Also theres no admin mode so I can't actually remove members unless I use SQL, then edit their attributes. Plus designing the interface just helps me organize what I wanna include, I do that for almost every layout I do, (websites, windows, GUIs, ect). And it won't take me that long to finish this.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Well, I'm not even sure if anyone has noticed this before, but you can't actually remove gang members unless you're removing them while they're online. Also theres no admin mode so I can't actually remove members unless I use SQL, then edit their attributes. Plus designing the interface just helps me organize what I wanna include, I do that for almost every layout I do, (websites, windows, GUIs, ect). And it won't take me that long to finish this.
Wut? You can definitely remove offline members unless someone introduced a new bug. The system might have to wait until the player logs in to reset their clientr.gang flags, but that's because the system was made before you could write to offline player objects. A simple change would allow you to clear their flags right away. Also, admins should be able to do just about everything a gang leader is able to do through the interface (remove, edit ranks, etc). And if not, you could always very easily re-add that functionality.

Just remember that people aren't complaining about gangs because they can't remove offline members or because you don't have a separate admin interface. And if you go down the road of starting from scratch instead of using what's already there, you'll never get anything done that the player's actually want to see. Take it from someone who's been there!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
i'm pretty sure u can remove offline people...and what most people are waiting for is the new bases, jem was initially planning to release them on monday (1 week ago)
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
1.) Add killstreaks like Chris mentioned, however make the map so players cannot run
2.) Keep the current system of gang bases being captured.
3.) The new gang base gmaps are great, however there is alot of running but that's always going to happen. Make certain sections such where if the player goes in the base he cannot run outside that zone (example: the middle of Advantagarde base) after being shot/shooting like the PK Cool down system currently implemented.
4.) There needs to be items obtainable from gang points/gang reward system. The heli is a great idea for that weeks best gang. But there should also be other things available such as C Vimes idea to implement kill streaks. Have different "boost factors" obtainable like we do with the LightWeight/Workers/Vitality potions.

Gang Shop Ideas:

-Juggernaut (500hp).. After you die once you are still Juggernaut (2-4?) more times
-Heal +10 in beds.
-Do +50 damage to doors.
-Riot Shield
-Explode upon your death-- a certain amount of times
-Unlimited Ammo-- for a certain amount of hours
-Melee Damage +10

There's a few other ideas I had floating around but I can't remember them.. All in all though something needs to be changed.. I hope some ideas are implemented that will change gangs around and make them better.

James,
Manager of Atrius