Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've noticed an issue when it comes to playing both mainfile and custom sound effects, sometimes they play, sometimes they don't.

For example, using putleaps() will play sounds such as crush.wav and water.wav, but using a custom gani of a leap which plays crush.wav or water.wav won't invoke the sound.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes it's an optimization which prevents offscreen sounds (far-away sounds) to play, sometimes it's not correctly detected for ganis, can check this sometime.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Yes it's an optimization which prevents offscreen sounds (far-away sounds) to play, sometimes it's not correctly detected for ganis, can check this sometime.
It was also happening with sounds played from within a weapon.

I've now noticed similarly weird behaviour with playing music.

And certain sounds not playing when the screen is minimised, even if they're intended as an alert.

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-10-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Wait, there is actually no check for position on PC Graal. But the volume could be very low depending on where it's played, need to check it. If you want to avoid the pan/volume effect you can try to use play2(filename,player.x,player.y,1)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:48 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
The lack of bush hiding sfx (among many other sounds) makes this the worst update imaginable.

The tender crackle of leaves gleefully forming around my figure as I dart away to avoid pk is what makes Graal for me. Without, there is nothing.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Hoyt1134 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Drawing panels cannot be unlimited size, that's why it's switching back to 64x64. Try to not make it bigger than 1024x1024.
It doesn't matter what size I make it, drawobject won't draw ganis like that past 64,64. Drawimage works fine and I can draw them anywhere on the screen, even past 64,64. It seems to be a bug with drawobject when you are trying to draw an object you created. If you use drawobject to draw the player it works fine, but not when you use findimg with a gani.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Graal Administration
Those sounds should play fine... I've uploaded the sound files to all servers just to make sure, dynamic midi download will work with the next update of the gserver.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt1134 View Post
It doesn't matter what size I make it, drawobject won't draw ganis like that past 64,64. Drawimage works fine and I can draw them anywhere on the screen, even past 64,64. It seems to be a bug with drawobject when you are trying to draw an object you created. If you use drawobject to draw the player it works fine, but not when you use findimg with a gani.
Yes can fix it, it's clipping to 64x64 level coordinates.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
My F# commands are not working. Maybe it's on my side, but it's rather annoying. I've re-installed. I can't open the player list, server list, game log or options.

(Hitting F2 does the apple emote, hitting F3 does the sleeping emote)
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Graal Administration
Ok I've checked the sound problem with showimgs/showani, it will be fixed in the next version.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned
There seems to be an inconsistency with the GuiTabCtrl selection event.

For example, if I do:

PHP Code:
function SomeTabCtrl.onSelect(temp.i){
  echo(
temp.i SPC SomeTabCtrl.getSelectedRow());

The first tab echo's "0 0", the second tab echo's "1 1", the third tab echo's "2 2", however the fourth tab echo's "2 3".
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
is UDP support completely dropped? or is Stefan planning on making it work properly
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
There seems to be an inconsistency with the GuiTabCtrl selection event.

For example, if I do:

PHP Code:
function SomeTabCtrl.onSelect(temp.i){
  echo(
temp.i SPC SomeTabCtrl.getSelectedRow());

The first tab echo's "0 0", the second tab echo's "1 1", the third tab echo's "2 2", however the fourth tab echo's "2 3".
Parameters are id, text and index, may be you have given two tabs the same id.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
is UDP support completely dropped? or is Stefan planning on making it work properly
Dropped for now, but might introduce it later for communication with the server but not with the other clients right now.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:04 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Dropped for now, but might introduce it later for communication with the server but not with the other clients right now.
We'll see if this is a mistake if you ever release version 6
Old 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
We'll see if this is a mistake if you ever release version 6
Majority of Graalians won't care to be honest. It is a shame but it would be nice if such smoothness and accuracy could be achieved without port-forwarding.

Tags
graal v6, windows