Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Question v6: What is needed for release?

For the final release of v6 for Windows, Mac and Linux,
what should be done before the release:
- What bugs need a fix?
- What features or implementations need improvements, and what kind of improvements?

This discussion should be mainly about technically issues, not about server quality, payment options etc. Basicly the question is: what should be done before replacing the v5 download with the v6 download?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:23 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
- What features or implementations need improvements, and what kind of improvements?
I'm sure 100% sure if this is what you are asking for. If it isn't, I apologize, and go ahead and delete this post if you want:

Animated Tiles in Tilesets: (As shown in: )
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134261438

Better Body Colors: (As shown in: )
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134259103

Also:
Could you possilby implement a feature where when you login to login it replaces global images with the correct image instead of an overwrite? That would help a lot.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Have you considered adding something that automatically updates the client and just requires a client restart to switch into the new version? This is what Google Chrome does and it's incredibly useful for pushing out updates. It would make client updates a lot easier to do, and make this switch from v5 to v6 a lot less "big".

I'm not personally aware of any bugs in v6, but there will (probably) be some found in the future, so I think getting a streamlined update system would be a good move.

Regarding other improvements... well, there is a whole section on the forum for that.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I dislike how nicknames and chat are not in bold on the v6 WINDOWS client.

Last edited by Rufus; 03-13-2011 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: WD confirmed this isn't a problem for the Linux client so I assume it's just Windows.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Right off the top of my head:

Sometimes after chatting, when I close the chat bar (with tab) my character will slash.
He will continue to slash if I keep openeing and closing the chat bar.
It stops if the Graal.exe window loses focus, or if I press 's' or type 's' into the chat bar.

If I just press s with the chat bar not up, my character does nothing, he doesn't swing his sword. But then after pressing s the once, I can slash like normal.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Right off the top of my head:

Sometimes after chatting, when I close the chat bar (with tab) my character will slash.
He will continue to slash if I keep openeing and closing the chat bar.
It stops if the Graal.exe window loses focus, or if I press 's' or type 's' into the chat bar.

If I just press s with the chat bar not up, my character does nothing, he doesn't swing his sword. But then after pressing s the once, I can slash like normal.
One way to replicate this is:
  1. hold down s,
  2. move the focus onto another program (while s is held down),
  3. release s.
Graal won't receive that release and think you still have it held. I have only confirmed this on Linux.

This is even more noticeable when you hold down an arrow key instead of s.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
A more advanced PM box/system that Rufus suggested awhile back. Maybe add a YouTube embedded feature too, like the forums have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
You know, PM windows could be so much better. Going a little off topic, but I think PM's would be much better if they used something like BB Code along side a WYSIWYG or standard editor. The current features are pretty hidden, and not everyone knows you can embed images, but why? There probably should be a smileys menu instead of relying on going to the forums, and there should be a list of features somewhere.

Hmm.. heres a quick example mockup..
Old 03-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
One way to replicate this is:
  1. hold down s,
  2. move the focus onto another program (while s is held down),
  3. release s.
Graal won't receive that release and think you still have it held. I have only confirmed this on Linux.

The keydown/focus change problem has been reported several times for both v5 and v6
Old 03-13-2011, 03:31 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Not sure if they is something you fix on V6 or if its cuz im using windows 7 but when i have to hold Q to use my menu on Era i can move my mouse (using touchpad) at the same time.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:40 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
keydown not releasing bug.
This is fixed in the latest Windows V6 Client (OS: W7 64-bit).

Feature Requests:
- Interpolate Player Movement: Era and Zodiac (Weapon: -Interpolation) have their own scripted versions, obviously if it would be done by the client maybe even make it an option in F3.
- Improve Networking Code: Things like player movement and other changes could probably benefit from being sent to the server via UDP. Re-add P2P (UDP) for UN sparrers.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 03-13-2011 at 03:52 AM..
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The tab bar bug I talked about in my post is still there in the latest v6 client, though.

I downloaded the latest client just to test it to make sure it was still there before posting. :P

Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It isn't fixed in the Linux client. Or at least not on my Linux setup, my window manager is fairly nonstandard so it could be doing something unexpected.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
The tab bar bug I talked about in my post is still there in the latest v6 client, though.

I downloaded the latest client just to test it to make sure it was still there before posting. :P
Are you sure it's not a keyboard failure? (Disregard if you aren't using the latest Windows client)

BUG: While testing I found ChatBar opens with TAB regardless of your in Keys configuration.
FEATURE REQUEST: Add a [Default Keys] button in F3: Keys Tab.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Old style playerlist would be much appreciated by the majority, seeing as how most players use it (did a poll on multiple servers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I dislike how nicknames and chat are not in bold on the v6 WINDOWS client.
this
Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Old style playerlist would be much appreciated by the majority, seeing as how most players use it (did a poll on multiple servers).
It'd be cool if we could do something like:

PHP Code:
new GuiWindowCtrl("ExternalExample") {

y 100;

width height 300;

isexternal true;

nativestyle true// Makes it look like their Native OS equivalent.