Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
NPC Code:
Script: Function -ScriptedRC.addPlayerlistMenuEntries not found in function onCreated in script of Weapon -Playerlist_v6
Script: Function updateVisibleDistance not found in function OptGraphicsVisibleDistance.onAction in script of Weapon -Serverlist_Options

Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
I don't suppose there's any way to install this without uninstalling v5 is there? I'd like to try stuff on my server, but from the sound of it, I dont think it'd cope too well at all with my computer for casual use.
just rename the v6 client to something like, graal_v6beta.exe, and u can have it in the same folder as the v5, works perfectly, i'm doing this.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Well first bug I immediately noticed was that when you toggle the playerlist to display community names, when you mouse over them on the playerlist, it still shows "Community: blahblah" instead of say, "Nickname: unknown" or whatever thier current nickname is set to.

edit: also, pms are still external even though i set them to internal.

It also seems that the playerlist will dock regardless of if you have it enabled or disabled.

Maximizing the main graal window will cover up the playerlist unlike v5.

And it does indeed take up much more CPU than v5 (this taking 50% cpu when idle compared to the v5 @ about 30% when semi-active. v6 taking upwards of over 75%~ cpu when active.)
I do hope this version will be much faster compared to v5 before it's officially released. graalv1&2 ran perfectly. then the speed was all downhill from then on. getting worse with each new version. I hope this trend doesnt continue (hoping im not alone on this)
so yeah.

Last edited by Jiroxys7; 10-06-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Old 10-09-2010, 02:56 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Not sure why, but the client will sometimes crash due to my baddie system when the baddie attacks the player. Never did this in v5.1.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
In it's current state OpenURL can be abused and V5 prevented this with an "Open 'http://example.org' OK Cancel" this is obviously something Stefan had to cut out from his builds due to the External Windows / Scripted Version of certain systems (Options, etc) and other refactoring. It needs to be re-added that's it.
If there's a problem with implementing it, I don't think Stefan should waste his time. Even if you _can_ abuse openurl(), you need access to the server. So, it's inherently going to be abused in very isolated incidents, especially given that most of the servers played are Classic playerworlds, and those servers tend to have somewhat decent response times to major staff abuses.

Similarly, how often to users try and trick people to visiting shock sites? I haven't experienced much, and I would say Valikorlia would be more prone to that. If there's really difficulty in implement it, I still don't think the problem is that prevalent. And I don't see how a prompt would 'save' somebody from being tricked, anyways.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
If there's a problem with implementing it, I don't think Stefan should waste his time. Even if you _can_ abuse openurl(), you need access to the server. So, it's inherently going to be abused in very isolated incidents, especially given that most of the servers played are Classic playerworlds, and those servers tend to have somewhat decent response times to major staff abuses.

Similarly, how often to users try and trick people to visiting shock sites? I haven't experienced much, and I would say Valikorlia would be more prone to that. If there's really difficulty in implement it, I still don't think the problem is that prevalent. And I don't see how a prompt would 'save' somebody from being tricked, anyways.
That's not a very good reason to downplay security.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm at least it could prevent accidently opening the same url several times I guess.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Hazard to Graal
Quote:
Similarly, how often to users try and trick people to visiting shock sites?

Lol shock sites?
I get a notice when I'm about to visit an unsafe site that has been reported to download trojans and viruses to visitor's computers. Anyone who gets such notices like I do could take down the URL name, then make an NPC that opens the page for players or make a staff command for themselves that finds a specific player they dont like, then opens that page.
if their target doesnt have protection against this, then the attack is a success and now they have a major problem. (Note that some sites can trigger their own download without the user's permission.)
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
That's not a very good reason to downplay security.
The point I was getting at is that the security concern is exaggerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Hmmm at least it could prevent accidently opening the same url several times I guess.
That's pretty much the only reason I see for reintroducing the confirmation window. There are still people out there who click 8 billion times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
Anyone who gets such notices like I do could take down the URL name, then make an NPC that opens the page for players or make a staff command for themselves that finds a specific player they dont like, then opens that page.
A point I've already discussed and dismissed. Not to mention that a confirmation window is not any kind of actual protection. It does not prevent somebody from clicking 'OK.' It does not tell them that the URL they're going to (especially if it's from tinyurl or bit.ly) is a shock site or is malicious, or whatever.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Hazard to Graal
Quote:
A point I've already discussed and dismissed. Not to mention that a confirmation window is not any kind of actual protection. It does not prevent somebody from clicking 'OK.' It does not tell them that the URL they're going to (especially if it's from tinyurl or bit.ly) is a shock site or is malicious, or whatever.
It does, however, allow the user to use their own judgement. I'm sure i wouldnt click OK on a window that says it's directing me to a URL with a completely different name than what's relating to what I'm doing (like "securetaxforms.com" or something.)

If youre implying that people wont read at least the www.<blah>.com..well, I must be one of the few that do. plus, if someone made such a system, i'd find it very fishy if a "do you want to open URL" window popped up for no reason.

Hell, if you even google "malicious website list" you'll find that the URLs on the lists look fishy. go ahead and do it. then tell me if youd honestly still click "OK" if one of those came up in a confirmation box.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
As a player, I don't want the client opening web pages without my consent -- I don't care if it's safe or not. This feature already exists in v5, it's nothing new. If it's that big of a deal, I can't imagine it being too hard to make it optional (toggle via F3).
Old 10-10-2010, 03:31 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
There seems to be a problem in the options:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
There seems to be a problem in the options:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mixed up profile; I'll have a look at that shortly.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Mixed up profile; I'll have a look at that shortly.
add mute all sounds while your at it
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
To everyone who has performance problems:
- Please tell us your Windows version and Graphics card
- On your favourite server please get an admin doing "/clientstats youraccountname", twice, with 10 seconds inbetween, and post or attach the second of those stats here
That way we can eventually see what is slowing you down.

Tags
graal v6, windows