Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Something New: Player Development for Graal Kingdoms

Hey guys.

We recently had the discussion that some new content needs to be added; my final suggestion was an active system to improve the general gameplay and some documentation to help players understand the directions they can travel.

We observed in the recent discussions how busy Tigairius and I are, however it dawned on me that I could create a concept and illustrate guidelines so that players may development the content themselves.

That's exactly what I have prepared for you, and I think you will agree it's a very fun concept. I hope to launch the event, once developed, as a automatic event players can vote for (or control via some other automatic method).

Graal Kingdoms - Break Floor - Concept Guidelines

I now invite you to read the conceptual guidelines for the development of this "Graal Kingdoms - Break Floor" event. If any players with to develop it I suggest you elect Chaosorc as your development manager; he initially suggested some of the elements of this concept to me.

Additionally, you may wish to use these individuals for content development:
Switch - GANIs & Scripting
Alarid - Graphics
Stephen - Graphics (please only ask me if you cannot find anyone else)
PoJo - Levels

It's important that this content is developed correctly, especially if it's the inaugural "player development" on Graal Kingdoms. As a result, I strongly suggest developing parties consider extra elements like custom sound events, particle effects, and other elements to help improve the overall event experience. I'll try to keep this short - so if you have any suggestions or improvements please discuss them here.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
I don't understand the concept much.

Are you breaking the walls, the floor, in 3x3 segments (according to the diagram), or what?

The articles long but doesn't make sense.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:47 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
I don't understand the concept much.

Are you breaking the walls, the floor, in 3x3 segments (according to the diagram), or what?

The articles long but doesn't make sense.
shame on you

Last edited by Seeya; 01-24-2010 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: :x
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
shame
Can you elaborate on that, or are we so immature as to spit out stupid one-word insults?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Can you elaborate on that, or are we so immature as to spit out stupid one-word insults?
his guidelines are pretty clear... the mazes would have tiles that are 48 pixels by 48 pixels

Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
his guidelines are pretty clear... the mazes would have tiles that are 48 pixels by 48 pixels
I still don't know:

1) If it's a turn-based game.
2) If the arena has 3 dimensions (X, Y, layer).
3) If floors or walls break.
4) If you lay bombs to break the floor or simply your character's perceived "weight".
5) If it's simply luck or there is some ability to hinder other players without sacrificing yourself completely.
6) The goal is to.. be the last one standing? Reach the end of the "maze"?

The way I gather it is that there's nine tiles.

X X X
X X X
X X X

The middle tile cannot be broken, you start there.

You move left, right, up, or down.

There's a chance to fall. If you fall, you go into another layer, where you start in the middle again.

Rinse repeat, get to the "end"..?

I'm probably totally wrong, which would show the article's badly written if I can't extract the meaning from it..
Old 01-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
I still don't know:

2) If the arena has 3 dimensions (X, Y, layer).
3) If floors or walls break.
4) If you lay bombs to break the floor or simply your character's perceived "weight".
5) If it's simply luck or there is some ability to hinder other players without sacrificing yourself completely.
6) The goal is to.. be the last one standing? Reach the end of the "maze"?

The way I gather it is that there's nine tiles.

X X X
X X X
X X X

The middle tile cannot be broken, you start there.

You move left, right, up, or down.

There's a chance to fall. If you fall, you go into another layer, where you start in the middle again.

Rinse repeat, get to the "end"..?

I'm probably totally wrong, which would show the article's badly written if I can't extract the meaning from it..
Incidentally, I address every single concern very clearly in the concept guidelines. Perhaps your questions may be illuminated if you read them?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned
I read them o.o

Explain it in layman's terms instead of wasting your time with specifics bull****. Nobody wants to read/take the time to contemplate your article and you're lucky I did.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Boom!
Quote:
I read them o.o

Explain it in layman's terms instead of wasting your time with specifics bull****.
They are specific guidelines which must be met before player development for GK can be accepted & uploaded. However, for the sake of passing and casual conversation, the summary is as follows:

Users are placed within a confined maze. A script dynamically generates a path which can be successfully followed. If you fail to follow the path - step outside of the boundary generated by a pathfinding script - you will walk on a "breakable" tile. If you walk on a breakable tile there is a 20% chance it will break. If someone walks on the same tile as you, it again could break - kicking you both out of the confined maze to an observation area. The objective is to either travel to the end, or travel the farthest distance without failing (falling through). Players are forced to move within a timer. If they fail to move their navigation is generated randomly.

As a note, children read 200 words per minute on average. The guideline is just over 1000 words. The guideline would take a child approximately 5 minutes to read.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
I still don't know:

2) If floors or walls break.

1) its an event so you have to make your way through it like other players are.

2) the floor will have invisible cracks.

I read through Stephens guide and its actually quite simple to follow.

@Stephen: I think the person is having a problem with you guidlines for how big the map should be and stuff like that.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
looks stupid

how about content instead of making an event we will get to play 1 time a week.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
looks stupid

how about content instead of making an event we will get to play 1 time a week.
The intent is to make it so players may automatically create break-floor instances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
@Stephen: I think the person is having a problem with you guidlines for how big the map should be and stuff like that.
Which is surprising; that is the most detailed topic, with technical specifications clearly indicated.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The intent is to make it so players may automatically create break-floor instances.
ho ho, you got me.

Hell of an idea you got there chap, if anyone perhaps needs me for any sort of assistance let me know, I have excellent abilities in the crafting of levels!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:04 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
I have excellent abilities in the crafting of levels!
Ah, I am very happy to see you volunteer - but I am afraid you miss the initial point. I present this guideline document to the players - like you - so that you can work together to make content that is fun and "pre-approved".
Old 01-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ah, I am very happy to see you volunteer - but I am afraid you miss the initial point. I present this guideline document to the players - like you - so that you can work together to make content that is fun and "pre-approved".
Initial post edited, thought I misunderstood originally.