Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
Wasn't John already an EM, FAQ, and kinda a GP before this?
John is also the assistant FAQ Admin.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, it's very important that the FAQ is very personable and friendly, where as GPs and EMs don't have to require that trait as much. The FAQ team is a friendly face for our players, if you have a question, a FAQ should respond in a friendly manner and be willing to show them and have a lot of patience. It requires a very special personality to be a good FAQ member because it requires patience, understanding and knowledge.

When hiring any FAQs I always try to examine their psyche before making any final decisions to ensure they will do well as a FAQ and treat the players respectfully as I'm sure Felix and John do as well.
Are you saying we EM's aren't friendly?!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
@Pojo: Sorry as much as that sounds nice it would never work.

Gratz to the 3 new GK Police.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
Are you saying we EM's aren't friendly?!
All staff members should be friendly but it is specially required as an FAQ because we can be dealing with many questions at the same time from different people which slows down the time it takes to answer the questions. In this sort of situation we have to be friendly and informative while answering the questions as quickly as possible to help other players that also need questions answered.

Yesterday is a perfect example with around 80 players online most of the day.

Last edited by cyan3; 04-13-2009 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
@Pojo: Sorry as much as that sounds nice it would never work.
Ravenblade disapproves of my ideas, it's official: They're awesome suggestions.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Great news! Congratulations guys. Good luck!!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats to two of the three GP's.
Hope the rules are upheld, already had to school some people on justice.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
lready had to school some people on justice.
If your talking about the earth to dust incident in the easter dungeon I would class it as harassment if done multiple times to a single person just to annoy them.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I give you my full respect, virtue, and acceptance.LOL
Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Dark Ravenblade
@Pojo: first off lol...secondly I said it was a good idea but really wouldn't work out. Too much on one person would just take a toll on them.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
@Pojo: first off lol...secondly I said it was a good idea but really wouldn't work out. Too much on one person would just take a toll on them.
Psht. I'd do em all.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not as hard as you're making it out to be, EMs typically handle all three of those jobs anyways. I've taken care of several scamming incidents, and I answer more than my share of questions. And up until recently, I had 5-7 events a day going on. As for the "GP" factor, I never touched on harassment and the like, because I was an EM, but I wasn't about to let someone scam some new player right in front of me in plain view. I feel I handled that pretty good too.

It's not hard.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Dark Ravenblade
@Pojo: I know what you mean by that but having everything in one, although may be a good idea probably isn't a good idea. I know a EM can handle all 3 jobs but its apparent thats not how Tig wants this to happen. Maybe in the future they will use your idea though.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:
@Pojo: I know what you mean by that but having everything in one, although may be a good idea probably isn't a good idea. I know a EM can handle all 3 jobs but its apparent thats not how Tig wants this to happen. Maybe in the future they will use your idea though.
Th Events Masters could do the job on a very small scale but it would be extremely hard for them to do all 3 jobs full time.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Th Events Masters could do the job on a very small scale but it would be extremely hard for them to do all 3 jobs full time.
Agreed. I think I'd rip all my hair out if I had to constantly answer questions.

But I do enjoy helping new players and I have and do answer many questions a day.

I've also had to deal with hackers and scammers.

I think GK jobs overlap a decent bit. FAQ's are able to help in events (and sometimes do), and can also act as a GP to enforce rules in some instances. EMs help answer questions and also act as a GP to enforce rules sometimes. GP's should, and probably do, help answer questions and assist (sometimes) in events.

I do like that these jobs are separate though. I think it's quite possible that any staff member currently could handle all 3 jobs as one, but I think it's a lot less stressful that the jobs are panned out.