Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Master of Chaos
Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
Talking Bravo Online - A New Beginning

I just got approval from Bell to bring Bravo Online back to life. Dev Brandon is up, hopefully it will be renamed to Bravo Online shortly. I know I stated this in the other thread, but anyone wishing to help with the project is welcome to contact me through forum PM or directly on the new playerworld. I wanted to create a new thread that will revolve around information releases and discussion conducive to the project, as it is no longer a question of "should it happen?" or "will it happen?" - it is happening.

I intend to start fresh with the old levels, layout and "feel" as a point of reference. All of the towns you knew and loved will be back - but revamped to catch up with all of the new advances that are available to us now. Some other key elements will be back as well - the essence quests and Scrawby castle are notable points of interest and they will be returning along with a whole new set of fun and enjoyable things to do.

This will not be a quick release - time, effort and care will be put into everything that we do, so a quality product that is fun, enjoyable and creates the strong sense of community that once existed will be available to any and all.

Bravo Online was a name that meant a lot to a great many people, and it will again. I appreciate everyone that participated in the playerworld before, be it through development or simply playing and interacting with everyone, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

More information will follow as it becomes available.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I see you're attempting to defy the last thread's poll results. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Master of Chaos
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I see you're attempting to defy the last thread's poll results. Good luck.
Out of 50 people, 34 votes were cast for 'Yes' or 'Maybe'. I realize that all of those people and a few more also voted no. Who knows how many of them were legitimately participating in the poll to begin with? In any event, the poll means little in the scheme of things. Refer to that thread for my response to that particular issue.

Last edited by Brandon; 03-04-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
cooooooooooo =D
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Could you post some pictures of Bravo Online? I never got to play that server, I left before it was up and I came back when it allready was dead.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Master of Chaos
UPDATE - Dev Brandon has been renamed. It's now official - Bravo Online is back. Currently, the only thing accessible to players is the default level attached to all new development servers, but that will change sometime in the not-too-distant future.

I have brought Snakeandy (xAndrewx) back on as the department head of my NPC Administration Team. He is quite gifted and knowledgeable when it comes to writing scripts, and he was a member of my staff before Bravo was closed as well. Congratulations to him and I look forward to working quite closely with him in the coming months.

I am in desperate need of graphic designers. I have absolutely zero skill in this area and, as you all know, this is a critical element of playerworld construction. If you are interested, please contact me through forum PM or directly through PM on Bravo Online. Our website, bravoonline.net will be opening soon, at which time I will also be available at [email protected].

I am currently in the process of trying to get the playerworld classic-enabled, I will post an update if and when this takes place.

More information to follow! See you soon!

EDIT - I do not currently have any screenshots from the old content. I will post screenshots of the new content as they become available.

Last edited by Brandon; 03-05-2010 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: Response to Vima
Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Eternal Eclipse(Co Owner)
EvilKefka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I just got approval from Bell to bring Bravo Online back to life. Dev Brandon is up, hopefully it will be renamed to Bravo Online shortly. I know I stated this in the other thread, but anyone wishing to help with the project is welcome to contact me through forum PM or directly on the new playerworld. I wanted to create a new thread that will revolve around information releases and discussion conducive to the project, as it is no longer a question of "should it happen?" or "will it happen?" - it is happening.

I intend to start fresh with the old levels, layout and "feel" as a point of reference. All of the towns you knew and loved will be back - but revamped to catch up with all of the new advances that are available to us now. Some other key elements will be back as well - the essence quests and Scrawby castle are notable points of interest and they will be returning along with a whole new set of fun and enjoyable things to do.

This will not be a quick release - time, effort and care will be put into everything that we do, so a quality product that is fun, enjoyable and creates the strong sense of community that once existed will be available to any and all.

Bravo Online was a name that meant a lot to a great many people, and it will again. I appreciate everyone that participated in the playerworld before, be it through development or simply playing and interacting with everyone, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

More information will follow as it becomes available.

Do you have the old content already uploaded? It would be nice to roam the old level while its still in development... Did you not try and bring it back before? I seem to recall talking to you about it. You gave up. You and someone with the AIM of FCcartman or something along those lines.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Good luck!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Master of Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKefka View Post
Do you have the old content already uploaded? It would be nice to roam the old level while its still in development... Did you not try and bring it back before? I seem to recall talking to you about it. You gave up. You and someone with the AIM of FCcartman or something along those lines.
No, I don't have the old content uploaded and I don't intend to upload it. 1 - a great deal of it will not work properly due to the way scripts function now and 2 - everything is being redone.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Good luck.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Very good to hear, good luck !
Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Only jesus is allowed back from the grave! Heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Out of 50 people, 34 votes were cast for 'Yes' or 'Maybe'. I realize that all of those people and a few more also voted no. Who knows how many of them were legitimately participating in the poll to begin with? In any event, the poll means little in the scheme of things. Refer to that thread for my response to that particular issue.
17 out of 50 people voted yes and maybe, so I dont think anyone actually wants you to rev it, brah.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
17 out of 50 people voted yes and maybe, so I dont think anyone actually wants you to rev it, brah.
34 voted yes and maybe, 39 voted no. But since the poll let people vote for all 3 options I think some of the votes can't be taken serious.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Oh, you guys added them up! I didn't understand
Old 03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Graal Legend
ManDown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ManDown
Bravo Online is the **** lol