Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
Recent Update: Advanced Items

There are now items that can drop with "Prefix" and an "Affix" if you are lucky.

Example:

The item "boots" can drop normaly without any bonus.
If you are lucky you can get "Holy boots of Speed".

Holy prefix would add Dex+1 Wis+1 and HP (1-30)
of Speed would add +1 Dex,

You end up with boots that have Dex+2, Wis+1, Hp (1-30)

you can also say :advitems to get more details about which monster is dropping these adv items and also all current Prefix/Affix stats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ee671bab6a10d149e2a9408fb425156d.png
Views:	282
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	55831
Click image for larger version

Name:	9be27e9e65c996f72ec9ec75bae090e8.png
Views:	258
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	55830

Cya in-game
Old 07-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Loving the updates. I like that my shield was used in the making of this post.
Pretty soon this game will be great again. XD Finally some worthwhile updates and things to do.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Steele 4 EVER!
Kalyssa is on a distinguished road
I came back recently and honestly I'm simply amazed, GK changed so much, it's been years I've been waiting for this kind of updates. Thank you so much Sky and Maroku, you went way farther than I could expect with the improvements. I'm so glad I've got a chance to enjoy playing GK again with all the new features.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Yes this is a great idea. Something the game has been lacking for a while.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
nice work!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:34 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
I agree this is a great idea and the amount of updates are amazing. What I don't like are the stats of the items. When you take into consideration that END GAME items better than Baals,BoRD,Blood Paladin Helmet,Soccers,and ASoD are easily attainable by monsters such as vampire guard, vampire priest,kvasir,orc,wraith,elven archer, and magi it's definitely not what you expect. I'm assuming you guys will soon be releasing items for every slot. In which case there will be a mask (this is just an example there could be better this is one of many varieties) with 2 str, 1 con, 2 speed and 15 hp easily earned. Anyway you look at this its clear that the stats are much too broken.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
bring back +5 rows
Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
I agree this is a great idea and the amount of updates are amazing. What I don't like are the stats of the items. When you take into consideration that END GAME items better than Baals,BoRD,Blood Paladin Helmet,Soccers,and ASoD are easily attainable by monsters such as vampire guard, vampire priest,kvasir,orc,wraith,elven archer, and magi it's definitely not what you expect. I'm assuming you guys will soon be releasing items for every slot. In which case there will be a mask (this is just an example there could be better this is one of many varieties) with 2 str, 1 con, 2 speed and 15 hp easily earned. Anyway you look at this its clear that the stats are much too broken.
"End-Game" items aren't supposed to be impossible or absurd to obtain, especially considering the age of the game. Keeping "good" items out of newer player's hands is ultimately discouraging and is the reason GK has been dead for so long. I support the addition of a randomized loot generator. It's been long overdue.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:56 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
"End-Game" items aren't supposed to be impossible or absurd to obtain
This has always been my biggest issue with GK and I've been called salty for bringing it up in the past. GK suffers from having too definitive of an "end game", while at the same time being almost completely inaccessible for new players unwilling to drop real money. I'm really happy to hear about this.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Quote:
"End-Game" items aren't supposed to be impossible or absurd to obtain, especially considering the age of the game. Keeping "good" items out of newer player's hands is ultimately discouraging and is the reason GK has been dead for so long. I support the addition of a randomized loot generator. It's been long overdue.
You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. Not to mention the fact that you've been away from GK for quite some time so you most likely don't know what you're talking about. Firstly, I'm not saying end game items should be impossible to attain. I had said that the easy monsters(listed in my previous post) that have quite a high drop rate to drop potential items BETTER THAN CURRENT THE END GAME ITEMS. Don't forget that whether the items have the potential or not most of them are still very impressive with having 1 suffix alone. Furthermore, I was never against the idea of giving items out to new players...I feel like you didn't even read my post prior to this.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Zelfish is on a distinguished road
I've been on and off GK years upon years different Accts etc and I am really impressed with all the new updates and find myself playing again. Brings back good times. Although fix the ladders for the ships... Lol should be easy. Ladders when you pull up on your ship just kicks you off.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:47 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
You clearly misunderstood what I was saying.
Not at all, I completely understood what you were saying. It's only that I have no taboo about making the previously-considered "end-game" items obsolete with random drop loot off of low level mobs.

Maybe your problem is that you feel too invested in your old equipment and now you're being salty about it. Crossfire, and by extension, Graal Kingdoms, was never designed to be an item-restricted game. The mudlib itself has thousands of archtypes, item suffixes and unique equipment. The fact that they have remained locked away from players for the past decade is remarkable.

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that you've been away from GK for quite some time so you most likely don't know what you're talking about.
False, on both counts. I was online as recently as July 13th and am intimately aware of how and why item-flooding affects the game.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:15 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
you guys should fight
Old 07-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Not at all, I completely understood what you were saying. It's only that I have no taboo about making the previously-considered "end-game" items obsolete with random drop loot off of low level mobs.

Maybe your problem is that you feel too invested in your old equipment and now you're being salty about it. Crossfire, and by extension, Graal Kingdoms, was never designed to be an item-restricted game. The mudlib itself has thousands of archtypes, item suffixes and unique equipment. The fact that they have remained locked away from players for the past decade is remarkable.

False, on both counts. I was online as recently as July 13th and am intimately aware of how and why item-flooding affects the game.

That is also true, I mean who wouldn't feel like that when their items are now very inferior. Though my biggest issue is the rate at which the items drop and especially from the weak monsters. Any normal game does not let "super items" be dropped unless it's from bosses. However, on GK you can bile monsters that can drop amazing loot. Imagine how boring GK would be once everyone has the same gear. The gear has to be hard to obtain.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Imagine how boring GK would be once everyone has the same gear.
*stares blankly*

You mean like... the past 4 years?