Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 04:11 AM
handsome
Catbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thoughts on Zodiac/Staff

I just started playing an hour of Zodiac and man, it's pretty screwed up. I have to pm a FAQ atleast 5 times for him to respond, or find him in game to ask him my question. I had to mass out atleast 20 times to ask how I can get my head uploaded. Even then, nobody would tell me. I then had to post a thread on how to get my head uploaded. Not to mention that players are almost all trials / douchebag 12 year olds that can't afford WoW so they are looking for a new MMO. A LOT of people who start Graal run straight to Zodiac.

All I'm saying is, it's all about playing the actual game then helping each other out. Since it's a sort of MMO people can't be arsed to type to somebody and tel them how to play. They're too busy sitting outside spawn killing noobs with l33t armor that they grinded hours for thinking they're TEH BEST PKER ever just because they grinded that long. In every MMO it's the same. Get the best gear, spam one spell and kill everyone. I don't see the aspect of playing a MMO for PVP.

Just my two cents.

- Catbert, Retired from Era (Master Miner)

Last edited by TSAdmin; 09-04-2010 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Prompting discussion of other MMO/MMORPGs
Old 09-03-2010, 04:19 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
its funny because i play zod and normally i'd defend it but your second paragraph is absolutely right.

p.s mmo != mmorpg

Last edited by Crono; 09-03-2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 09-03-2010, 04:49 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you should just play Darkfall.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe if you made some friends with the people they could teach you. I was clueless to Zodiac a week ago and over a dozen people helped me get gear/level/learn how to play. Now I can sit outside OSL and kill noobs with my l33t armor cause I'm 'TEH BEST PKER EVAR!'.

But in all seriousness, most people on Zodiac will ignore you until you're on their level, get used to it that's how the server works. Unless you know someone you'll spend weeks leveling and grinding for gear just to find out its worth nothing and you wasted your time when you could've gone 1-60 in a few hours and got boss gear had you known what you were doing.

Yea, It's complicated, but I've only seen a few FAQs and they're usually busy (since it's a complicated server to explain and there's so many trials/people running straight to Zodiac). Perhaps you should look over the wiki while you wait for your FAQ questions to be answered rather than making threads ripping on the server.

You even stated you only played for about an hour and left because you didn't receive instant help and got PKed (when there's a /togglepk command) so I don't really find your argument compelling.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
its how most servers work, noobs get torn apart and no one wants to be your friend
Old 09-03-2010, 05:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
In every MMO
MMORPGs are just the worst things ever created in general

Last edited by TSAdmin; 09-04-2010 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: Reply to altered quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:34 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Maybe if you made some friends with the people they could teach you. I was clueless to Zodiac a week ago and over a dozen people helped me get gear/level/learn how to play. Now I can sit outside OSL and kill noobs with my l33t armor cause I'm 'TEH BEST PKER EVAR!'.

But in all seriousness, most people on Zodiac will ignore you until you're on their level, get used to it that's how the server works. Unless you know someone you'll spend weeks leveling and grinding for gear just to find out its worth nothing and you wasted your time when you could've gone 1-60 in a few hours and got boss gear had you known what you were doing.

Yea, It's complicated, but I've only seen a few FAQs and they're usually busy (since it's a complicated server to explain and there's so many trials/people running straight to Zodiac). Perhaps you should look over the wiki while you wait for your FAQ questions to be answered rather than making threads ripping on the server.

You even stated you only played for about an hour and left because you didn't receive instant help and got PKed (when there's a /togglepk command) so I don't really find your argument compelling.
You kidding. I tear you up on my other account "thebadfoo" with my Mage/Scout. Your Druid can't escape the awesomeness and you all the way inside. Just saying.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
Zodiac's PKing system needs a reform. Right now it's just a competition to see who can do the most damage and combos in the shortest period of time. With the awful hit detection there's almost no skill involved.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
In every MMO except Darkfall it's the same.
I'll take Zodiac to Darkfall any day

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 09-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post

Nah no matter your gear it only takes 2 days of like 3-4 hours each day to go 1-60
Old 09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Nah no matter your gear it only takes 2 days of like 3-4 hours each day to go 1-60
Not on your own. Zodiac isn't new player friendly because you have to work with a party to make the leveling curve semi-bearable. You're expected to start knowing people, or congregate with other clueless players.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Not on your own. Zodiac isn't new player friendly because you have to work with a party to make the leveling curve semi-bearable. You're expected to start knowing people, or congregate with other clueless players.
New players don't know the hip leveling dungeons. I see level 50s at Spear Gladiators sometimes. Maybe if Zodiac's FAQs were effective.....
Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 PM
@ pat the whole leveling **** is messed up tbh and it's up to the server to provide people with direction not FAQs.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Maybe if Zodiac's FAQs were effective.....
FAQ's shouldn't be needed at all in order for players to find out what to do.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
FAQ's shouldn't be needed at all in order for players to find out what to do.
They are where I come from
Closed Thread