Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:58 AM
gamerfreakie@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com Send a message via MSN to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com
Anothere thing to fix the economy a litte bit.

You surely know Runescape, maybe you did not play Runescape the last two years.
They have got a "Grand exchange" system that is useful for the price of the items to keep it a bit normal.

It would help if Graal Kingdoms would get a system like this, like a Ring of War 4000-6000 Diamonds o.O ( A bit overpriced )?

the items are on the rise every month, they become something more expensive.

but the things that are easy to get these things only go lower and lower.

So I thought Graal Kingdoms could use this system to make the economy a litte bit better.

What would get better?

well.. lets start with those points:
    • Items are going to be sold quicker, even if you are offline you will be able to sell items.
    • The item prices will stay to maintain normal.
    • Prices will go up and down every day in order to Mechanting. So people could get richer by buying stuff cheap and sell it high.

There are more of these points, I've only put down three.

Just a suggestion, don't take it to seriously if you don't like it.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-23-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I don't understand the concept of what you're trying to explain at all.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Send a message via AIM to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com Send a message via MSN to gamerfreakie@hotmail.com
That GraalKingdoms must get a system like the "Grand exchange" of Runescape.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-23-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
We all know the economy is the way it because of three simple items:
  • Brutals
  • Enchant Armours
  • Event Coins

Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
  • Brutals
  • Enchant Armours
  • Event Coins
Yeh and items should play a role in the economy also.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Erm gamer i duno why they'd call it a 'Grand Enchant' sounds like an exchange to me. I get where your comming from and i wouldn't mind such a system but after reading your suggestion i looked into the rs exchange and there's only 1 issue i have. Prices seems to be dictated between highest/lowest boundries. Initially someone has to decide upon these boundries so expert traders and long-time players would need to be consulted. I didn't wonder whether a WoW exchange system would be better but that wouldn't solve anything since it's success is based on a huge playercount and awsome item avaliability whereas on gk we have 1 of a kind's which stay that way for a decade so prices can just be hiked like they are now.

Addition of a platinum bank would be awsome aswell, plat's main issue is weight (Tig's finding it hard to make them weightless) we'd all use it if we could store it away somewhere. Bank of Bomboria? Bank of Bognera? Bank of Tanarthia? Bank of Santerrian?

Quote:
  • Brutals
  • Enchant Armours
  • Event Coins
Don't forget RoW. Prices of other items were related to RoW value, when that skyrocketed so did other items of similar/higher value.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:24 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
The present system does not correspond to the original Graal Kingdoms. GK was introduced as a role play.
Changes as for example the rare appearance of EA's helps exclusively older players to maintain her status. New players are thereby strongly disadvantaged.
Also it is for new players very hard to be successful in events. A role-play game should also offer role-play events.
There is no need to change the shop system. We need to make it less difficult for new and unexperienced players, to improve themselves without being hinge on older and rich players.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Erm gamer i duno why they'd call it a 'Grand Enchant' sounds like an exchange to me.
Lol sorry did put the wrong word

Quote:
Addition of a platinum bank would be awsome aswell, plat's main issue is weight (Tig's finding it hard to make them weightless) we'd all use it if we could store it away somewhere. Bank of Bomboria? Bank of Bognera? Bank of Tanarthia? Bank of Santerrian?
That would be awesome if GK would have Banks/Storages so you don't have to carry all your crap all the time like:
Shovels.
Gems.
and of course Platium coins.

Quote:
I get where your comming from and i wouldn't mind such a system but after reading your suggestion i looked into the rs exchange and there's only 1 issue i have. Prices seems to be dictated between highest/lowest boundries. Initially someone has to decide upon these boundries so expert traders and long-time players would need to be consulted.
About this, The prices will change, but how? well if people are buying that item much the prices goes up, if not the prices goes down.

and well WoWs Auction house wouldn't be that great idea, people could still sell the items with the price that they have got now.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-23-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Old 01-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
The system your talking about doesn't seem to work in my eyes. If items can only be sold within a certain price range then that will make the economy totally developer based, since the developer must decide on the lowest/highest values the item can be sold for.

On GK the economy has always been player led, thats why It goes up and down so often.

Not to mention, this system dis-allows you from giving someone an item for free. If the item has a set sale value then you would be unable to trade for anything but that value. That would include giving a friend a gift, EM's giving out prizes and so on.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That would be awesome if GK would have Banks/Storages so you don't have to carry all your crap all the time like:
Shovels.
Gems.
and of course Platium coins.
I didn't mean item banks, those would render houses pointless and become like UN houses where people just throw trashy parties in their rooms. House storage must always be kept to your house, this would just be for cash, possibly an option to store gems (for the cost of a bank upgrade) and other coins (EC's, Staff Coins, Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, Diamonds and all of the Great Value gems aswell). Could also be a 'store minerals' upgrade (coal, iron, gold, stone). Gem upgrade to cost 100k, mineral upgrade to cost 150k.

Quote:
The system your talking about doesn't seem to work in my eyes. If items can only be sold within a certain price range then that will make the economy totally developer based, since the developer must decide on the lowest/highest values the item can be sold for.

On GK the economy has always been player led, thats why It goes up and down so often.

Not to mention, this system dis-allows you from giving someone an item for free. If the item has a set sale value then you would be unable to trade for anything but that value. That would include giving a friend a gift, EM's giving out prizes and so on.
I don't think you understand the exchange. Initially the prices are developer based, yes. However prices are still able to inflate depending on demand, but at a controlled rate, this allows the economy to still be player led but also considers player stupidity and compensates for it through control.

And this system doesn't disallow generosity, he didn't speak of abolishing other forms of trading. Drop trading would still be possible, however trade houses would need tables removed and instead lounging facilities and a few auctioneer's placed.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Well the prices are only going up. I never seen a item getting lower in prices.

Quote:
Well I mean just the Exchange system, not the anti-scam with you only may give out 3k every 15 minutes. you're still able to give gifts and EM will be able to give prices away.

Quote:
I didn't mean item banks, those would render houses pointless and become like UN houses where people just throw trashy parties in their rooms. House storage must always be kept to your house, this would just be for cash, possibly an option to store gems (for the cost of a bank upgrade) and other coins (EC's, Staff Coins, Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, Diamonds and all of the Great Value gems aswell). Could also be a 'store minerals' upgrade (coal, iron, gold, stone). Gem upgrade to cost 100k, mineral upgrade to cost 150k.
I agree.

Quote:
I don't think you understand the exchange. Initially the prices are developer based, yes. However prices are still able to inflate depending on demand, but at a controlled rate, this allows the economy to still be player led but also considers player stupidity and compensates for it through control.
True, but people will keep rising the prices and they will get that high again.

Quote:
And this system doesn't disallow generosity, he didn't speak of abolishing other forms of trading. Drop trading would still be possible, however trade houses would need tables removed and instead lounging facilities and a few auctioneer's placed.
Exactly.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
True, but people will keep rising the prices and they will get that high again.
Well that's not too great of a problem, not everyone is out for greed. Alot would settle for the average or lowest value to get their cash now and use it now rather than sell it @ the optimum where they could be waiting weeks.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Well that's not too great of a problem, not everyone is out for greed. Alot would settle for the average or lowest value to get their cash now and use it now rather than sell it @ the optimum where they could be waiting weeks.
You have got a point.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I think the best approach is to consider some small, but very effective, revisions which can be made to existing systems. It's not realistic to think Tig and I (or any other development team) are going to massively restructure game-systems... game-systems we already fight tooth and nail to see little tidbits of; the level of access necessary isn't available.

To draw comparison; we need to do this SWAT style with precision explosives, snipers, and dudes dressed in bad-ass looking gear. The Afghanistan invasion is not an option for GK.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:02 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Sam brings up a fairly relevant point. You can only do so much fixing, either playing into the fact that there have been way too many glitches over the years and making everything to easy to get, which I don't think anyone wants to see. Or making things attainable the way they were created to be. Which balances out new players coming in and whatnot, but creates a huge rift between the new and old players.

Make all the changes you think are necessary to create a fair game, and then reset the server.