Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 12:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
We've been using this on Era, and it is the greatest thing ever. The sprite cutter saves so much time and adds so much flexibility, and I love having the script window right there. Best thing ever - especially since I'm stuck on a Mac so all I had before was the old in-game editor (which worked, but not without frustration). I don't think I could thank you enough!

The only problem I've had so far is with crashing while Importing sprites - is this a known issue or something I might be doing wrong?
Thanks!

It shouldn't be could you attach the gani pre-import (if possible), and the gani you're trying to import?

It's possible it could be a Mac thing.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 PM
i8bit is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking at it now... it's amazing. But how do you set rotation effect?
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by i8bit View Post
I'm looking at it now... it's amazing. But how do you set rotation effect?
Add / edit a sprite and set the rotation (it's a radian value so 0-2pi instead of 0-360) there.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 AM
i8bit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Add / edit a sprite and set the rotation (it's a radian value so 0-2pi instead of 0-360) there.
wow I feel dumb, it was in the add menu the whole time ;/

sorry!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:54 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for the bump but I noticed when I try and save the gani nothing happens.

I can still set my gani online,restarting the client and it doesn't show anymore, but the file seems to be nowhere. Not online, nor on my computer. Both mac and windows. Any help would be awesome. I would love to be able to edit ganis online, or save them offline and upload them at least using my mac.

Edit:
I managed to change the line that saves the file to call a triggeraction and saved the lines serverside. This allowed me to save the gani online. Which accomplishes what I need. Would be cool if I could get it to save locally tho. But this definitely helps me alot. Thanks FP4.

Here is what I did,

PHP Code:
function onActionServerside() {

// save to server maybe

if ( params[0] == "savegani" ) {
    echo(
params[2SPC "uploaded or updated!");

temp.lines params[1];

temp.lines.savelines(params[2], 0);
  }

And editing:

PHP Code:
  // Save File

temp.lines.savelines(this.filename0); 
to the following, using ASDFG so I could ctr+f to it since its on like line 3,700 something.

PHP Code:
  // Save File
  // ASDFG

triggerserver("gui"this.name"savegani"temp.linesthis.filename);

//temp.lines.savelines(this.filename, 0); 
I also noticed the NPC Server needed rights to the file.

Last edited by scriptless; 08-07-2014 at 05:53 AM..
Old 04-24-2015, 02:39 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Hey is there an update to the gani editor?

The one on Zodiac (live) is different to this version? (So I've been told) The iEra staff would like me to add the one with the folder view (if that makes sense)

I think what they mean is one that is linked directly to the FTP rather than their own folder (after logging online I'm pretty sure this is what they mean). Would this be possible?

Hahahaha - ok just ignore this post. I've just seen the post above. Thankssssssss
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Sorry for the bump but I noticed when I try and save the gani nothing happens.

I can still set my gani online,restarting the client and it doesn't show anymore, but the file seems to be nowhere. Not online, nor on my computer. Both mac and windows. Any help would be awesome. I would love to be able to edit ganis online, or save them offline and upload them at least using my mac.

Edit:
I managed to change the line that saves the file to call a triggeraction and saved the lines serverside. This allowed me to save the gani online. Which accomplishes what I need. Would be cool if I could get it to save locally tho. But this definitely helps me alot. Thanks FP4.

Here is what I did,

PHP Code:

// save to server maybe

echo(
params[2SPC "uploaded or updated!");

temp.lines params[1];

temp.lines.savelines(params[2], 0);
  }

And editing:

PHP Code:
  // Save File

temp.lines.savelines(this.filename0); 
to the following, using ASDFG so I could ctr+f to it since its on like line 3,700 something.

PHP Code:
  // Save File
  // ASDFG

triggerserver("gui"this.name"savegani"temp.linesthis.filename);

//temp.lines.savelines(this.filename, 0); 
I also noticed the NPC Server needed rights to the file.

After posting in the wrong thread, I figured I'd share this in the right one!

I changed it so that when saving (and uploading the gani), it checks if the gani already exists on the server, and if it does, overwrites it. Otherwise, it defaults to the file path provided by the client.

Just replace the onActionServerside block with this code:

PHP Code:

// save to server

echo(
params[2SPC "updated!");

temp.lines params[1];

temp.fileName extractFileName(params[2]);

temp.fileList findFiles(format("levels/%s"temp.fileName), true);

temp.filePath temp.fileList.size() == params[2] : temp.fileList[0];

temp.lines.savelines(temp.filePath0);
  }

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-06-2016, 04:19 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Has anybody else noticed an issue with the sprites when using rotatesprite? It makes the GANI file size a lot bigger.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:14 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Nah, not an issue for me. Works flawlessly
Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Has anybody else noticed an issue with the sprites when using rotatesprite? It makes the GANI file size a lot bigger.
open it in notepad and look at the file for oddities.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Here's an example of one that's messed up - it's duplicating the ROTATESPRITE.

Could this be the batch operations not clearing the rotate sprite flag from a previous gani? The gani staff using it only uses the sprite cutter not the batch operations though.

If you try open the gani in game it won't work - if you open it using GraalShop and just 'save' it, it will clear all the sprites and work again.
Attached Files
File Type: gani era_bitzsam-coinflip-result1.gani (420.7 KB, 245 views)

Last edited by xAndrewx; 10-07-2016 at 10:24 AM..
Old 10-07-2016, 05:23 PM
team canada
Looks like I used rotation instead of rotate during the gani initialization so rotate effects would stack.

Update lines 3220 and 3221:

PHP Code:
  this.effects.rotation = {};   // Rotation Effects

this.effects.rotation.clearvars(); 
to be the following instead:

PHP Code:
  this.effects.rotate = {};     // Rotation Effects

this.effects.rotate.clearvars(); 
alternatively download the corrected version attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt graalshop_preview.txt (142.2 KB, 290 views)
Old 10-08-2016, 10:10 AM
ooo i'll give it a try!

Thanks
Old 11-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Sorry - works a treat! thank you
Old 04-05-2017, 09:22 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I really like this Gani editor, and I just spent a few hours making a nice gani with it.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 04-05-2017 at 10:30 AM..