Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
This was several months ago. Zombie exp was raised on Halloween, which was only about a week ago. We could both easily afford those prices, and in order for anyone to beat us out, they'd have to match or exceed what we were paying at the time.

While you might think it's a lot of cash, it's becoming mere pocket change as time goes on.
You really haven't looked at the amount of experience zombies give (probably due to your laxed - i can pay for everything - approach). Regular zombies, which are avaliable for farming all year round, give about 2,000 a kill for a skill @ level 66 and i believe it stays very constant. Enough for Cell to level phys even at it's 95+ level.

And excuse me, but mere pocket change isn't 500-700diamonds for 1 level in 1 skill. A cost which only gets higher as you keep leveling. The only way to level through brutals is to self-farm. But this just damages the lower level struggle to earn money.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
You really haven't looked at the amount of experience zombies give (probably due to your laxed - i can pay for everything - approach).
Uh, yes I have. I haven't bothered buying or running any brutals since the exp for them was raised.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Uh, yes I have. I haven't bothered buying or running any brutals since the exp for them was raised.
So you've raised prices by brainwashing the extremely mentally handicapped population of GK into thinking that's what their worth and should be sold at to benefit yourself? That's the only logical reason to do such a thing.

It's profitable to sell maps, use the proceeds to buy Brutals at a ridiculous value, for long enough to make that 'the price'. And then, while that's going on, use your dests to spawn brutals and extort players with your self-made prices AND also extort the same noobs who you originally brainwashed by selling them 'cheap' at a discount which is still highly above the fair trade value of 5diamonds or 2500 plat.

Important to point out this would be a high risk venture for a single party, so it's likely there would be 2 or 3 people needed atleast.
Just a theory.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
So you've raised prices by brainwashing the extremely mentally handicapped population of GK into thinking that's what their worth and should be sold at to benefit yourself? That's the only logical reason to do such a thing.
Did you miss the part where I was talking about competition with Stephen? It's not my fault GK's population relies on 'monkey see, monkey do' economics. Players see someone overpaying, and they automatically assume prices have changed or something.

Even players who were more informed on prices (not everyone on GK is 'extremely mentally handicapped' as you put it) still played a part in the prices rising, because they also wanted to compete with Stephen and I, and started buying and selling their maps at or above our prices. Neither of us specifically told other players the prices were at 16 or 20 diamonds apiece. We simply bought them for that much, and in order to get their hands on some while we were competing, other people had to beat or match the more-than-generous sums we were offering.

In all honesty, I think it'd be great if brutals were back down to five diamonds apiece. But really, what are the odds at this point in time?

Sellers are getting 4x as much as they were before, and more people can afford things even though prices on rarer items are still going up. 50 brutals would net someone 1000 diamonds at their current price, which they can get for cheap by doing inscription and farming. There's little reason to sell for less, because it means losing quite a lot of profit.

Last edited by Draenin; 11-11-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
For those of you less apt to observe - diamonds have depreciated, and as a result, brutals have become worth more diamonds. Brutals maintain their historic "conscious value" (the value a person consciously associates to an item) - although it's much more likely they have slightly depreciated as well, due to harvest ease via destruction scrolls.
Quote:
Originally, Stephen and I started competing for brutals, and that's what caused a lot of this. He was buying for 16, and I started to top his prices by offering 20 per brutal. Rebel all you want, but there will always be people out there like me who get competitive when it comes to buying on the market.
To clearify, I have been solely the responsible catalyst for the great decline in brutal value (regarding dia depreciation). Initially Shrimps was buying at 15d to beat out other purchasers, who were buying at 10d. With my own personal motives, and large bounty of Diamonds from playing for over 4 years, I took competition in whoever would give me it. First shrimps at 16d, then Draenin.

However, the value of brutals - and essentially every other major consumable on Graal Kingdoms - was and still is doomed to depreciate due to the massive influx of destruction scrolls. They have made it very easy to harvest diamonds, rubies, sapphires, brutals, etc.

These are some of our common currencies, and it is easy to understand that when a currency becomes more bountiful it also becomes less valued.

I think what people need to recognize most is that Graal Kingdoms has ended an era of currency and is entering a new one - what these new currencies will be... I don't know; the players determine this based on the greatest demands in the market.

If I were to speculate I might think it would be EAs, Alchemy Recipes, and blessed items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
It's cuz he traded dem green platinum coins, and doesn't really need anything else if you ask me. He's got the gear, what else should he spend it on?
This is an irritatingly baseless argument to throw around. In my experience, observing the server, "green plat" trading can first only occur regularly within a very healthy economic market and secondly seems to drive the market further - new players see the wealth of power players and make a great effort to meet it via natural means.

That is my experience in observation, at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
He is not responsible, ultimately no one is - if we wanted to point fingers we could suggest those who produced destruction scrolls are responsible. However, they were just trying to "make a buck" like every other player and that is the natural mechanics of most MMO's, Graal Kingdoms (despite being a "MINIMALLY multi-player online game") is no exception.

It was bound to happen eventually, and whoever took the first step is not responsible - simply the pundit of the natural effect.

Quote:
Did you miss the part where I was talking about competition with Stephen? It's not my fault GK's population relies on 'monkey see, monkey do' economics. Players see someone overpaying, and they automatically assume prices have changed or something.
To interject briefly, it's not really nonsensical "monkey see monkey do" - players are, as previously stated, trying to "make a buck"; when they see the opportunity to make a buck more easily on their EXISTING stock they're bound to pursue it.

Quote:
Even players who were more informed on prices . . . still played a part in the prices rising, because they also wanted to compete with Stephen and I . . .
You're taking and giving too much credit. Neither of us are active enough to have influenced the market so directly in its current state. Although it's very possible I was active enough to give the initial increase in value - I was on nearly all day, at the time, and constantly spammed a very effective and clever image which could not be ignored even at a glance.
Quote:
In all honesty, I think it'd be great if brutals were back down to five diamonds apiece. But really, what are the odds at this point in time?
This is a possible goal; harvesters simply need more destruction scrolls and better Brutal Harvesting techniques - although the effect is likely to concurrently depreciate diamond value.

Last edited by Stephen; 11-11-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
To clearify, I have been solely the responsible catalyst for the great decline in brutal value (regarding dia depreciation).
Brutals haven't declined much in value, but we'll see how that goes considering zombies give the best exp currently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
This is a possible goal; harvesters simply need more destruction scrolls and better Brutal Harvesting techniques - although the effect is likely to concurrently depreciate diamond value.
It could bring down the price of brutals, but also diamonds as well, since they're typically acquired in the same place. But more harvesting also means more platinum being spent, more sapphires being melted down, and so forth. My worry is that increased farming could also bring down the value of those things as well, since it all works in a kind of 'loop':

Sapphires -> Dusts -> Platinum -> Scrolls -> Sapphires

Typically, every time you hit the 'Sapphires' part of the loop, it also includes spawning Diamonds, Brutals, and even more Platinum. (Which, if unspent, can lead to problems.)

Last edited by Draenin; 11-11-2009 at 06:44 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Brutals haven't declined much in value, but we'll see how that goes considering zombies give the best exp currently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Yea, they're holding their "conscious value" relatively well considering they are more regularly being introduced to the market than any time previous (not including stints involving Jon - only natural introduction). Before any confusion can be made concerning the decline in brutal value - it's very important to note that I mean the CONSCIOUS VALUE of brutals and not their currency value - the value a person consciously and emotionally places on an item.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Y'know, Scrooge McDuck could teach GK players a thing or two about inflation.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
It's cuz he traded dem green platinum coins,
Close enough.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Events Admin
Noobie8205 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Noobie8205
Lylic and co. managed to do this successfully back in 06 bringing them from 10d back down to 5d. Good luck with your conquest.

Hearing the music is like seeing the colors of trance and feeling the power of acid

Old 11-14-2009, 12:49 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie8205 View Post
Lylic and co. managed to do this successfully back in 06 bringing them from 10d back down to 5d. Good luck with your conquest.
I don't recall that