Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Classic Developer
Cosss will become famous soon enough
I think some ideas could be implmented involving buying units with gelats?? what could this be like? not overpowered but helpful in different ways...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosss View Post
I think some ideas could be implmented involving buying units with gelats?? what could this be like? not overpowered but helpful in different ways...
As far as balancing I would want it to be a carbon copy of AoE 2.

The hero(s) were only a slight above stronger than the actual units. They only standed out in small small ways that made them different. The units were the toughest and nothing else. You had your normal units, then your special race units (non castle and castle age castle units) and you had numerous upon numerous upgrades which made the development lengthy and competitive worthy while my idea says make a HUUGE gmap I'm talking jumbo sized even for a GMAP, like old N-Pulse Rebirth's original gmap size (was to have over 1000 land levels. R.I.P) which allowed conquest to be very extensive while knowing servers will only be active so long, those who start in any time, play anytime have a chance to make for conquest, No one would reign forever and it would be a continuous fight, attacks would be interestingly different. Now imagine guilds making nations and they'd form into one kingdom, now things would be a lot more chaotic. This idea is just abundant with fruitful success!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Classic Developer
sick. and if you managed to find a randomly generated map script... quick matches like a pro.<3
Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
sick. and if you managed to find a randomly generated map script... quick matches like a pro.<3
lol, I wasn't thinking of it like that.

I was saying a gigantic map where everybody competed all at once, All the time over a land of much land, resources. The only true thing I didn't come up with was incentive other than domination of the weak.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Classic Developer
ooopoop.
thats sounding a little chaotic. I like it.

I still think have quick match things would be cool
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
ooopoop.
thats sounding a little chaotic. I like it.

I still think have quick match things would be cool
Maybe both? :o

That would be like the tournament style perhaps so theres more than just FFA madness.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
This is something that I have thought about before and it was why I wanted Flying Technology so badly, because I thought it meant real GMAP zoom, but then when I learnt that it was just using screenshots of the levels I realized it wouldn't work.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
This is something that I have thought about before and it was why I wanted Flying Technology so badly, because I thought it meant real GMAP zoom, but then when I learnt that it was just using screenshots of the levels I realized it wouldn't work.
I'm slightly confused. You're talking about zooming of the map right? For like seeing more than current or seeing less than default on your screen right?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I'm slightly confused. You're talking about zooming of the map right? For like seeing more than current or seeing less than default on your screen right?
Yeah. So that you could zoom out to building level or zoom out to city level to manage your productions.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Yeah. So that you could zoom out to building level or zoom out to city level to manage your productions.
Could still use the up down left right keys to move around the map as fast as possible.
But I see where that's a slight let down

Old 01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Haa! This idea would be awesome! Maybe you could implement many of the different graal "races" when you decide what team you're on. Humans, Zorbi's, maybe even baddies.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Haa! This idea would be awesome! Maybe you could implement many of the different graal "races" when you decide what team you're on. Humans, Zorbi's, maybe even baddies.
Here's a few ideas. (using humans and zorbis of conqueror's)

Humans
Zorbis
Lizardons
Server Loyalists (Players of Classic Servers everybody or most would know)

Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I'd totally play this if presentation was done well (I'm picky) <3 AoE series
Old 01-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I'd totally play this if presentation was done well (I'm picky) <3 AoE series
As am I <3

Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Classic Developer
fulg0re I would love you if you actually got this together