Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Post Hirings: Global News Team

We are only looking for mature dedicated applicants who are confident and good at working in a team with others. Because of this I will personally check the ban history of every applicant to see if they are in good standing within the community. Any references from previous or current staff positions will help.

The News team works on a basis of input from the team members. Each member gives input on every aspect of the team from new ideas to adding members and a final decision is reached from the conclusion. This allows us to reach an opinion as a whole team rather than from one or two individuals and is the reason why we are looking for mature dedicated applicants.

Applications can be private for public. Public applications should be posted in this thread and Private applications should be sent to me via forum pm or e-mail.

Duties required by the position
  • Writing and distribution of news.
  • Supporting server staff to write and distribute the news.
  • Might require small amounts of graphic work.

What we want to know
  • Does your account hold a gold or life-time classic subscription? (isn't required but would help).
  • Write a short paragraph to express why you want to join the team.
  • Do you have any experience using the wikipedia engine (MediaWiki or other).
  • Previous staff positions on Graal (optional).
  • References from previous or current staff positions (optional).
  • Other information you want to add (optional).

This thread is for applications only. If you have any questions about hirings or graal news please contact either me or Nataxo via Forum pm or e-mail.

Contacts
Forum PM: cyan3
E-Mail: [email protected]

-Global News Administrator
Felix Lionheart

Last edited by cyan3; 09-15-2010 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: Quick edit
Old 06-27-2009, 06:31 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
My account is Vman13x.

I currently do not have a gold subscription.
I want this position because I see a lot of interesting stuff, but I have no way to tell everyone about it, so it would be great to let everyone on Graal know about what I found out if its interesting enough.
I think Id be a really good person for this job because I have news experience, and Ive been around for some time now.
Yes, I do have experience with writing news. On era I work for Era News and my boss who happens to be Nat will tell you (if she wants) how experienced I am.
I am very friendly on graal, and I am also willing to learn more about the job if needed.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Questions to be answered:
Do you have a gold subscription?
Of course.
Quote:
Why do you want the position?
I find that job quite interesting and cool to do. I have a lot of spare time to spend doing that job, which is the reason why I am applying.
Quote:
Why would you be the best person for the position?
I can't tell if I would be the best person for that job. Probably not, but if I get that position I would do my best to keep it, because it worth it.
Quote:
Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?
Not really But it's never late to learn, right?

For all the duties required by the position, everything is ok
Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
As It's getting near the summer and the time of year which Graal gets increasingly more active the news team are looking for one reporter to help with news duties. The position will require the communication with server staff and other members of the news team making good communicational and team work attributes paramount for the job.

Finding the right applicant for the position is very important so to help us decide the person best suited to the job we will issue a live brief for the chosen applicants. The brief will be to write a news article for a Graal server with set deadlines to simulate the tasks that the news team have to complete to distribute the news. The person that preforms this task the best will have the news article uploaded and the position on the news team.

Duties required by the position
  • Writing and distribution of news.
  • Supporting server staff to write and distribute the news.
  • Might require small amounts of graphic work.

Questions to be answered
  • Do you have a gold subscription?
  • Why do you want the position?
  • What would you be the best person for the position?
  • Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?
  • Other information you want to add

If you have any questions about hirings or graal news please contact me or Nataxo via Forum pm.

-Global News Administrator
Felix Lionheart

Do you have a gold subscription?
Yes I do.

Why do you want the position?
Well, I see many new features on servers that I feel should be in the Graal News, I would like to help cover these stories. I can do great graphic work for the covers, Many like this:

Why would you be the best person for the position?
Well, I'm a very hard worker, I am dedicated to the tasks I am given, I know how to write a good new article, along with a good picture, and I am an active, loyal worker.

Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?
In my High School, I was in the News Department. I was in-charge of the weekly articles.

Other information you want to add
Well, Not much I can add now except that I'm a very friendly and cheerful Graal player, I work long and hard to get the job done right.

I hope you consider me

Thanks,
Alfonso (DRAGON551)
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
[*]Do you have a gold subscription?

I currently do not have a gold subscription on this account. However, I do have a gold subscription on an account I rarely use. If this is a problem, I would have no reservations upgrading to gold on this one.

[*]Why do you want the position?

I've always had an interest in writing and research. Two things that I believe this job will entail. I've often thought about becoming a journalist because it's something that has always seemed like fun, while at the same time providing others with useful information that will (hopefully) matter to them or let them know something that they previously didn't.

[*]Why would you be the best person for the position?

I can not and will not say that I am the flat-out best candidate for this position, but I will offer some of my thoughts as to why I think I would be a good News Team member:

I believe that I have an objective mindset and that I am willing to give things a shot before making any opinion. While there may not be many instances when I have to write an article for the News Team that needs objectivity, I would believe that more staff members would be willing to and feel more comfortable sharing their ideas with someone who will hear them out fully instead of coming in with preconceived ideas about whatever it is that they're discussing.

I have plenty of free time to get the job done and consider myself to be a punctual person who gets things done on time. You won't be waiting around for me to finish an article or be worried about assigning me a task. I am self motivated and somewhat of a perfectionist. You won't worry about needing to spell check my articles and finding ten to twenty grammatical errors.

Recently, I've picked up Adobe Photoshop as a hobby. I'm definitely not a photo-editing god but I feel as if I have a good grasp on the program and would be able to create whatever graphics are needed to complete an article. (If either you or Nataxo would like to see some of my work, please feel free to forum PM me Cyan and I will be glad to point you in the right direction.)

Finally, I would be able to do this job with a professional attitude. While it is a game, this game is a source of income for CJ and I would treat it as if it were a job I was being paid to do. I really do feel like Graal could benefit if prospective players saw news updates written by people with this mindset.

[*]Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?

The only experience I have with writing news comes from being on the High School Newspaper and Year Book clubs. However, I don't think that learning on the job would be an overwhelming task for me as I take criticism well and am always looking to improve.

[*]Other information you want to add

While I may be relatively unknown by a lot of you on the forums, I have played Graal for a long time without giving much of anything back to the community. If anything, this would be a chance to give something back to the game that has given me something to do over the past 10 years while doing something like I already enjoy.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a forum PM and I'll be more than happy to answer them.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Thank you to those who submitted applications. The deadline for applications will be on Monday the 6th of July and I will inform those that progress to the second stage via forum pm.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Yes. I renew it once it runs out.

Well, I love reading and writing. Its one of my "hobbies" that I love to do, and I enjoy it very much. I think this position would suit me best, and to be honest, I never thought this position would open!

[*]What would you be the best person for the position?
I think so. I don't really have that much friends that love to write and read. I really hope you pick me for this position.

I wrote about 4 articles for Era News before, but they were not published. This was when Armanno owned Era News. I also write stories and get them published to other official websites.

I have nothing to add really. I really hope I get this position!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
I do not currently, but if I was chosen to fill the position I would have to upgrade, and I can afford to.

This won't be the first time I'll say it, but I am a journalism/English major, and I think that not only would this help develop my skills, but it would also allow me to use them in a positive way to affect the Graal population, by clearly and excitingly bringing them news from server to server.

I think I would be a qualified person to the fill the position for a number of reasons. First of all, as I mentioned, I am an English major, so I have a lot of writing experience, not to mention also a lot of editing/proofreading experience. I think that work that comes from me can excite and delight without any confusion or clutter.

I've written for numerous Macintosh fan-sites throughout the web, including Macteens.com, applexnet.com, and macbrief.com (no longer running). I have also written news for a few mobile phone websites, such as mobiletracker.net, and mobilenn.com. Other than that I have written various news articles for other websites, and also posted news to a website regarding an old Graal server I used to work for.

Since it is the summer, as you mentioned, I have a decent amount of free time. I am also a GP on Era, but I do not feel as if it would hinder my ability to make it around to servers and help them write up a news post. I'm also a nice, easy guy to work/get along with and I don't miss deadlines.

Just for reference, my other account is "Fidel Castro"

EDIT: I realize that I submitted this late, if there was a lack of good applications I hope you take a look at mine.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I have extended the time for applications.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
TheDae is on a distinguished road
Application

* Do you have a gold subscription?
No, I have a Classic subscription. I would have no problem upgrading if it was required of me.

* Why do you want the position?
I want this position is I feel I can fulfill the duties would receive to the best of my ability. I have a very good use of vocabulary which would allow me to write in a formal yet exciting manner.

* What would you be the best person for the position?
I believe I would be the best person for the job as I in my schooling years I have always been in the top tier. I have written newspaper articles for the school. As I hope to do well with my exams as I see this job as extra revision to help me. This would also be a great opportunity. I am not currently hired on any server and therefore have more free time to commit if I got the job of course. As it is the summer I have 2 month holidays so I can get swiftly started with my duties.

* Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?
I have been FAQ for Classic and ET for N-Pulse so I have reasonable staffing experience but a whole lot different from writing news article’s No major experience in writing news articles although I think I could do a magnificent job if I was hired. The only experience I have is writing for my school newspaper or news letters on a regular basis.

*Other information you want to add
I think you should really give me a try I might not be as old and as wise as the other applicants but I see that as I good thing as It would enable me to make mistakes and learn from the experience I will receive. I’m only 15 years old not as old as some of the other applicants but I think you need have a correct balance of experienced and inexperienced member in your team, hiring me would hopefully ensure that. A s I would be able to make the articles exciting and innovative.I'm also pretty decent with making graphics,not the best but not the worst.

Thank you for this opportunity.

- TheDae
Old 07-09-2009, 02:15 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary_Sock View Post
Yes. I renew it once it runs out.

Well, I love reading and writing. Its one of my "hobbies" that I love to do, and I enjoy it very much. I think this position would suit me best, and to be honest, I never thought this position would open!

I think so. I don't really have that much friends that love to write and read. I really hope you pick me for this position. I write ALOT, and I actually love to do it. Im also very active and am very friendly, and yeah, I think thats all that it takes for me to get the job!

I wrote about 4 articles for Era News before, but they were not published. This was when Armanno owned Era News. I also write stories and get them published to other official websites. I write (or type) about lets say 30-50 paragraphs each 3 hours of the day. They are usually for reasoning with someone or to talk with them. So to answer the question, I have alot of experience with writing news.

I have nothing to add really. I really hope I get this position and I also wish everyone else the best!
I have updated my application.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
PowerProNL Application

* Do you have a gold subscription?
Of course I have
* Why do you want the position?
Because I would make news like on f8, Because I'm skilled to put news on the news thing and I hope it's a good application to get hired
* What would you be the best person for the position?
Like I said I have many experience for uploading news and I would do that for f8
* Do you have any relevant experience with writing news!
Yes
* Other information you want to add
I just hope I get hired and I want to make a tryout It's needed because I really want to be Graal News Reporter
Best Regards
-PowerProNL
Old 07-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Graal News Reporters!

Congratulations to Supernanny (pooper2000) and Nelm! they're now both part of the Global News Team ^_^ Welcome!

Note: Supernanny will only be part of the team for the summer

Thanks to everyone else who applied for the job :-)
Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Nelm has been removed from the Global News Team due to inactivity. In light of recent events regarding this we may or may not hire a replacement for the position. If you have any queries about this please contact me directly via forum pm so we can discuss it.

This thread has been closed until further notice and all queries should come directly to me via forum pm as stated.

-Global News Administration
Felix Lionheart
Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 PM
At this time we have no intention of hiring for the news team but applications are welcome.

Last edited by cyan3; 08-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: opening application process.
Closed Thread

Tags
global, global news team, graal bible, graal news, hiring