Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 04:36 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Computer Lag Spike Issues

I have a decent computer, but have been experiencing constant lag spikes. It isn't a connection issue but more from my computer's end. I only play Zodiac so I can't speak for how it functions on other servers but my screen constantly freezes for a split second hurting my cast time and screwing up my combos. I updated my graphics drivers, play in full screen, disabled OpenGL, weather, particles, etc and still have this issue. I have windows 7 and am on a laptop if that helps. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thanks!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
If it's a lag spike that seems to be happening continuously, like in a regular pattern (split second freezes over and over) it's likely a script somewhere looping something it shouldn't.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I thought OpenGL was suppose to run more smooth then DX? Not sure on DX 12 tho. Theres a lot of things that can cause lag for example computers these days are requiring more and more ram. 4 GB Used to be amazing now especially on mac it just doesn't cut it. GFX cards are usually where you can get the most return on your investment. But graal as a whole lags some times. Even randomly disconnects people. Its also possible your computer triggers a server action and the server lags and the delay then shows on your screen.. its really hard to pinpoint the problem.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:46 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
whens the last time you changed the electrical fluid in your processor