Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Snk for manager
iSlayer will become famous soon enough
Wow is this some big advertising stunt for my server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
Snk for manager of Era
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I've never seen so many newbies argue in one thread. This was hilarious, THANK YOU.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I just had an orange it was sweet.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
By the way we have a changed tile-set now.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I just had an orange it was sweet.
Im eating one now.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Mateus Cerastes
Oladahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Oladahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Come back when your server actually makes it. Server failure rate is so high no one has any right to talk **** to any other servers right now. It isn't 2001 anymore.
Server fail rate was every bit as high in '01
Old 11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oladahn View Post
Server fail rate was every bit as high in '01
Not really. There were tons of servers back then. Not to mention there was no history of 10 years with no one coming out with a server prior, either.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Not really. There were tons of servers back then. Not to mention there was no history of 10 years with no one coming out with a server prior, either.
99/100 isn't much better than 10/10
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Why is everyone attempting to start up andor again? In my opinion it wasn't that great then and kinda sucked. I have yet to hear about any mind blowing plans that would make it hold a player base higher than 2, both being RC. Why not think of something original or something actual in depth gameplay which is what Graal is lacking.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Why is everyone attempting to start up andor again? In my opinion it wasn't that great then and kinda sucked. I have yet to hear about any mind blowing plans that would make it hold a player base higher than 2, both being RC. Why not think of something original or something actual in depth gameplay which is what Graal is lacking.
Because these people are all special and guaranteed to succeed no matter how far they're out of their depth, because their server just will..........because it's their server.
All the other hundreds of people that have made failed pointless servers over the last 5 years were not special like they are.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:26 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
99/100 isn't much better than 10/10
... O.o what?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
... O.o what?
You said the failure rate is much higher now than it was in 2001. When Oladahn said that they're actually about the same, you brought up the fact that there were more servers back then.

I said 99/100 servers failing isn't much better than 10/10 servers failing. Larger amount and history have nothing to do with rate of failure.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:40 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
You said the failure rate is much higher now than it was in 2001. When Oladahn said that they're actually about the same, you brought up the fact that there were more servers back then.

I said 99/100 servers failing isn't much better than 10/10 servers failing. Larger amount and history have nothing to do with rate of failure.
People used to actually put effort into having a back story to their server. Many of them also got much further along than most of the current UC servers have.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:

That wasn't even my point. My point was back then, in 2001 there wasn't some long history of failed projects. Most projects were new, it was all a new environment. Graal had been around for a few years already but you hosted the servers yourself. Then P2P came around and people had to up their quality to get hosted. Regardless, the point is back then people could at least talk crap because they didn't know any better. Now it's been somewhat like 10 years and only one or two servers have actually made it(whether they pushed the envelope or not is another discussion). So really, given the track record of Graal as a whole everyone should just zip their mouth and if they need to prove something then do it by actually completing a server. Otherwise it's just tiring.

And 99/100 servers failing IS much better than 10/10. Why? Because there is actually a server making it.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
snip
I don't disagree.

Quote:
And 99/100 servers failing IS much better than 10/10. Why? Because there is actually a server making it.
I guess, but in terms of percentages, no. I was just commenting on the fact that 9/10 is the same as 90/100 and "more servers back then" doesn't mean that the rate of failure was any different.

I honestly can't see any server making it, regardless of quality/originality/support. Graal doesn't have the player-count to handle another player world. The only way your server might "make it" is if it ends up replacing one of the existing worlds...a lot of good that will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
People used to actually put effort into having a back story to their server. Many of them also got much further along than most of the current UC servers have.
For example? People also didn't have the high quality games that we have now for roughly the same price (or cheaper) back then. I don't think it's so much a lack of quality work or effort from developers, but the fact that there's less players to attract, and the few that remain have much higher expectations.