Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-25-2014, 03:49 AM
punkrules punkrules is offline
Katbot
punkrules's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 64
punkrules will become famous soon enough
Business Update

Well here is the update.

Food/ammo/items have been doubled in price.
Pay for food stocks has been doubled.
Pay for ammo/item stocks/minerals have been tripled.


An employee cap of 18 has been implemented into every establishment, most don't need more than 12 to run correctly.

Since the pay has been buffed, those who derive pleasure from working will be better rewarded. Everyone else still has the option to go trash picking.

A "hire date/last login system" along with the weekly stocks per player "Log" button will also allow the Owners to monitor their employee's and decide who deserves a promotion and has eventually earned their way to recruiter like position, aka Supervisor/Manager. I think a player cap/monitor system will allow hard workers to move their way up the ranks, eventually becoming Co Owners, instead of the Owner's best friends.

I will be monitoring every business closely to make sure everything is run smoothly and fair. Equal opportunity for all.

None of this would be possible without the help of our Scripter *ice_is_nice4.
Send your love to him, and your complaints to me.

Luv,
Katbot.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-2014, 10:40 AM
xDarkTAx xDarkTAx is offline
Registered User
xDarkTAx's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 31
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
I still don't think stocking food comes close to making money trash picking. at 6$ a stock you would need to stock something like 5k-10k food/hr to make what you do trash picking. Not only is that not possible but also unlikely a food biz would need 5k stocked. IMO You need to make it a little more expensive and double the max stock number.

edit: Also what's up with the 20 drop limit? It makes dropping it suck and stocking even worse money. Just to drop 5k doughnuts would take 7-8 minuets.

Last edited by xDarkTAx; 12-26-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2014, 12:45 AM
shrimps shrimps is offline
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Red Bank, Tennessee
Posts: 1,127
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
So one person doesn't hoard a bunch of donuts and yeah.. Stupid reason.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2014, 05:29 PM
natchez416 natchez416 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 205
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Okay so these updates seem good in general and we should all appreciate the volunteer work that has gone into them.
I am however worried by the prospect of hyper inflation. Remember the more of something you have in the economy, the less that thing will be worth. This applies to currency as well. You guys know about Zimbabwe right?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Demisis_P2P Demisis_P2P is offline
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,357
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
Okay so these updates seem good in general and we should all appreciate the volunteer work that has gone into them.
I am however worried by the prospect of hyper inflation. Remember the more of something you have in the economy, the less that thing will be worth. This applies to currency as well. You guys know about Zimbabwe right?
It's possible for everything on Era to have a ceiling price and a floor price though, so shouldn't really have to worry about hyperinflation.
You're not going to see people offering 10,000,000 zimbabwean peso dollars for a cheese pizza when it's fixed at $18 in store.
Items that aren't available in stores may be affected, but those items are generally already the rarest and best items to begin with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-27-2014, 11:16 PM
natchez416 natchez416 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 205
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
It's possible for everything on Era to have a ceiling price and a floor price though, so shouldn't really have to worry about hyperinflation.
You're not going to see people offering 10,000,000 zimbabwean peso dollars for a cheese pizza when it's fixed at $18 in store.
Items that aren't available in stores may be affected, but those items are generally already the rarest and best items to begin with.

Yeah that's true, but houses and a ton of rare hats (that aren't in shops) are going to get ridiculously expensive. Also, all of these Christmas items are going to get insanely expensive along with all other future releases that aren't sold in shops. Staff members need to be cognizant of this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
It gets annoying being right all the time.

My store was making 250-300k a week before the update, now it has made 38k since the update.

I don't really understand why the prices were raised so high, I also don't understand why they didn't just make it easier.

Raising the prices of everything is probably the dumbest thing I've seen done, we raised the pay-outs because we wanted players to beable to easily obtain things, now it just looks like everything was doubled in price (except guns) and we're back at square one.

This is how the update should have gone;

1) Raise prices slightly (add $2 or so onto each product)
2) Raise the total stock limit
3) Raise the stock per item
4) Make stocking easier

Instead I'm stuck de-motivated to run a dead business that no one wants to work in because no one buys from it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Supaman771 Supaman771 is offline
Posting The Truth
Supaman771's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,694
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
It gets annoying being right all the time.

My store was making 250-300k a week before the update, now it has made 38k since the update.

I don't really understand why the prices were raised so high, I also don't understand why they didn't just make it easier.
This might not be 100% of the issue; but I'm sure a large majority of your drop-off in profits can be attributed to the dramatic decrease in players & PvP.

We were getting 110 peaks on the "most online" counter pretty consistently; gangs were producing tens of thousands of points (the average was like 20k+). Now we're getting peaks of like 85; or even 75~ on some days and the gangs currently are (on average) below 2k points.

So it stands to reason you'd make around 10% of the profit margin when gang activity is around 10% of what it was before. Since food products aren't used for anything else.

Though I will agree with you that just doubling everything with no research and no monitoring at a random point is a pretty awful thing to do. The business admin isn't there to just 2* all the numbers, I could've done that at any point in a matter of minutes. He needs to do some math, check some logs, see peoples tendencies for using/buying food and balance it into a butter zone like Fiber and I did with the jobs. I don't see any documentation or spreadsheets or proposal toward the benefit of doubling these numbers (we didn't just 2* all the jobs..).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My store was making 250-300k a week before the update
If your business was making that amount of money then why were you trying so hard to get changes. You got changes (not well thought out ones, i do agree) and now you're back to square one asking for more changes.

Why change a business that brings in that much revenue? Surely that's bringing in profit, why change it? Why was the prices of the food raised when it was bringing in so much money it should have been the other way around. The price should have lowered to bring more people through the door.

A change you should maybe have considered was reducing the heals of ALL food items so more food items is required increasing the sales. If your business was making that amount of money, you could have increased the payout without increasing the food prices. You tried to keep that gap of profit and to have the ability of paying them higher wages. It doesn't work like that, you need to just raise your wages without raising your prices. You might lose a little money but happy staff and people wanting to work for you is very important.

Advertising is the most important aspect of business. If people don't know what or where your business is then how are you ever going to sell anything.

- leaflet drops. Think of the number of houses, sewer houses and apartments there is on era. Do they have a mailbox? Give business owners the ability to drop leaflets into their mailboxes every so often of recent news of their business. Owners can hire people to do this, creates more jobs.

- Undergo a makeover. It's nice to keep updating and changing your business levels, they get old and boring to look at. New levels encourages people to come and check it out, they grab some food while they're at it.

- Use the exterior of your premises.. By this i mean every business on era should have a window displaying the items the shop sells. You cannot buy from outside you can only see what is on display. This encourages and reminds people to call in and buy some items.

- Advertise your best deals outside your premises.. Ask for signs to be put up of what you best deals are. They could be put on top of your business or whatever.

- Reward loyalty.. Get loyalty cards that you grab on the counter and by having one in your inventory every time you buy an item you gain loyalty coins for that shop and maybe open a loyalty business shop (gui) where they can buy some cool stuff. Or by having so much points they get discount on by how much they buy etc etc

- Give out a free one... Give owners a stall... Let them have it in their inventory.. You drop it on the map and it opens a stall that's locked to you, you cannot move while this thing is open to stop you opening one and running away and leaving it. Then there would be no point having a shop. Once the stall opens a gui opens up where you can set prices to give people samples, or even cheap deals. (Who cares if people buy **** loads, it gives employees more work)

These are only some ideas that i am running of the top of my head. There is so much more that you can do and these are the type of positive changes that need to happen. Not just chopping and changing prices.

Also take into consideration that raiding is a big factor when it comes to sales. Without raiding activity food isn't really needed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Godzilla Godzilla is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 450
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
you could have increased the payout without increasing the food prices. You tried to keep that gap of profit and to have the ability of paying them higher wages. It doesn't work like that, you need to just raise your wages without raising your prices. You might lose a little money but happy staff and people wanting to work for you is very important.
That's exactly what I had, SP was making DECENT money compared to other businesses and that's why I proposed a change of pace in things. I stressed my concerns about raising the prices of things and well... like usual my concerns became reality.

I think I made a total of 100k in the 2 weeks of it making 400k + in total before the update, which really, sounds like a lot but with the current economy really it isn't.

I had my own paying system where I would give the top 2 stockers 25% of the total profits each, keeping 50% to myself, which after pay wasn't all that big.

I like to think I had a good thing going for SP but right now... my motivation has hit a wall.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
I also forgot to add. Why do we have to eat just the one doughnut when healing? It's a game, why cant we go through x3 of them per heal.

My point is. You buy x1 doughnuts at a time but when you heal you eat x3 of them at a time to get your 40hp heals per time.

Doughnut just an example.

You go through more food.. increasing the likelihood of needing more food a lot sooner. Increasing the sales & work.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
A huge problem is that people have huge bundles of food in their inventory's that they dont need to buy food for months on end....

It's very important that you add a method that food rots within a month of the day it was purchased. It then becomes useless and add the option of taking it to the recycling center and getting a % of what you paid for it. Just genius if i do say so myself.

You put money into the economy by spending it.. It rots, you recycle it, economy puts more money in and then you spend it again. Now you don't get more than you paid for it, by this i mean just putting money out there by spending it.

This needs to happen. People have massive amounts of food that they don't need to buy anymore food. I use to be one of those people, i still have around a thousand doughnuts etc left that lasts me for months. In fact, i can not even remember the last time i purchased food.

Summary: Food needs to rot, become useless. Give people a reason to go back and get more or they wont have any food to heal. Give them an option to recycle it to get some of their money back to go buy more.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-2015, 05:16 AM
Demisis_P2P Demisis_P2P is offline
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,357
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
This might not be 100% of the issue; but I'm sure a large majority of your drop-off in profits can be attributed to the dramatic decrease in players & PvP.

We were getting 110 peaks on the "most online" counter pretty consistently; gangs were producing tens of thousands of points (the average was like 20k+). Now we're getting peaks of like 85; or even 75~ on some days and the gangs currently are (on average) below 2k points.

So it stands to reason you'd make around 10% of the profit margin when gang activity is around 10% of what it was before. Since food products aren't used for anything else.
Probably also doesn't help that I've got 900 food items from Christmas, and I only gathered and opened about 120 presents and wasn't actively grabbing tree cookies every chance I got either. Although I did open the majority of the presents after the nerf to the loot table and it seemed like almost every single one was food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
If your business was making that amount of money then why were you trying so hard to get changes. You got changes (not well thought out ones, i do agree) and now you're back to square one asking for more changes.
The changes he was asking for were because he was stocking the business himself. He wasn't asking for more profit, he was asking to pay his employees more so that it was worthwhile for them to actually stock instead of picking trash or mining for that same amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
A change you should maybe have considered was reducing the heals of ALL food items so more food items is required increasing the sales. If your business was making that amount of money, you could have increased the payout without increasing the food prices. You tried to keep that gap of profit and to have the ability of paying them higher wages. It doesn't work like that, you need to just raise your wages without raising your prices. You might lose a little money but happy staff and people wanting to work for you is very important.
If you lower the amount that food heals then I may as well just heal in beds. Most PKing nowdays happens in the gang bases, where there are beds readily available, so food needs to be either faster and/or more convenient to be worth anything at all. The fact that food freezes you for a substantial amount of time when players can spawn basically right on top of you at any time by using the sewer entry actually makes it pretty incovenient to eat mid-raid. So that only leaves food healing faster.

There should be a way to cancel eating.
Either that or change food to a heal over time (e.g. 5hp per 3 seconds for 18 seconds) and drastically reduce the freeze.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Kohola_KinG Kohola_KinG is offline
Registered User
Kohola_KinG's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 613
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
The changes he was asking for were because he was stocking the business himself. He wasn't asking for more profit, he was asking to pay his employees more so that it was worthwhile for them to actually stock instead of picking trash or mining for that same amount of time.
Like i said. He could have made it worthwhile for them if his business was making 300k a week!? Why not just pay them a lot more you would have still been left over with nice profit. If you're making that amount of money then raise the wages and people will work for you. It's that simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
If you lower the amount that food heals then I may as well just heal in beds. Most PKing nowdays happens in the gang bases, where there are beds readily available, so food needs to be either faster and/or more convenient to be worth anything at all. The fact that food freezes you for a substantial amount of time when players can spawn basically right on top of you at any time by using the sewer entry actually makes it pretty incovenient to eat mid-raid. So that only leaves food healing faster.
I was never a fan of healing beds anyways. I was always for removing them. Another positive for food businesses. If the beds are staying then just reduce the freeze time on the heals. They're healing less so it wouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-02-2015, 02:06 PM
xAndrewx xAndrewx is offline
Registered User
xAndrewx's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,260
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I have no idea the state of the economy on Era but if people can bring in 100k+ a week i'm pretty certain it's ****.

Can you tell me how much is made per job each day? with ~3000 players in the past hour here is the below
HTML Code:
incomehour_carmissions=9764
incomehour_flowers=3433
incomehour_killlooting=4905
incomehour_letterdelivery=5704
incomehour_mining=869
incomehour_mushrooms=27910
incomehour_pizzabaking=10129
incomehour_shells=94023
incomehour_trash=30989

incomeday_carmissions=422862
incomeday_flowers=65912
incomeday_GuildFortEvent=112466
incomeday_killlooting=234777
incomeday_letterdelivery=174626
incomeday_mining=54303
incomeday_mushrooms=1076795
incomeday_pizzabaking=408175
incomeday_shells=1855160
incomeday_trash=1198948

incomeweek_carmissions=2760086
incomeweek_flowers=387791
incomeweek_GuildFortEvent=719647
incomeweek_killlooting=1721335
incomeweek_letterdelivery=1216601
incomeweek_mining=282441
incomeweek_mushrooms=6987225
incomeweek_pizzabaking=2581108
incomeweek_shells=12476073
incomeweek_trash=7948242
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.