Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 PM
skillmaster19 skillmaster19 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 392
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Is Graal really going to be free to play? Well...

We have all seen many posts from Stefan and Unixmad saying that they will make the servers free to play as they add gelat shops, and that is what they mean by "Graal is becoming free to play". Zodiac and Era have each implemented a gelat shop; Zodiac sells character slots and exp boosting potions, and Era sells potions that boost maximum hp, speed, and working.

First of all, the only thing that has been done to the servers to make them free to play is the removing of observer mode. Players still cannot choose their heads other than from the first 10. This greatly kills the fun of customization, maybe Stefan could add the right to sell a "customization pack" on their server for some gelats like on the iPhone servers.

Also, on Zodiac trials can not play events, and on Era trial accounts can be disabled with the ET saying something like ":notrials". Is this really a removed subscription system? Clearly there is still a large difference between being a trial and being Gold. Also, on Gold players on Zodiac gain 50%more EXP than trials and classic players. (correct me if I'm wrong about the classic players part)

As someone who actually pays for gold,I feel I would be more likely to buy items from Gelat shops if I knew that gelats were not necessary for gold subscriptions.

Lastly, trials cannot develop. There are many new players that could become great developers for Graal and deliver exciting new content in the future; however they cannot develop if they do not pay for gold.

In conclusion, it seems that Unixmad is only trying to trick us into earning him more money by convincing playerworld owners to add gelat shops. As posted by some of the Playerworld owners, their shops have generated a decent amount of revenue. is the removal of observer mode really stopping players from subscribing to Graal? The answer is no; if anything it is just enough to stop them from quitting and making them want to purchase gold. I hope that Graal will actually become free, and that the whole subscription system will be removed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
xAndrewx xAndrewx is offline
Registered User
xAndrewx's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,260
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
If you owned Graal- would you not do the same? He's learned from his mistake(s) if you ask me.

He's aware that not everyone would keep upgrading to play Zone / GK & to develop, so why continue? Having a one off payment system didn't work out as well as he thought it would. Which if you ask me was a good idea, so I thought...

He's noticed from iPhone's and such, that players are more willing to pay for in-game stuff rather than to play the game. Think about it, would you play to go on Facebook or the games on Facebook? He's got his target audience, in which Graal is expected to be getting alot of new players via Facebook.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
WhiteDragon WhiteDragon is offline
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,002
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I believe everything you have mentioned is going to go away. I'm pretty sure gold accounts won't even exist anymore when everything is overhauled.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Whatever is going to happen, I'm going to be scared for my life when I go onto Facebook from now on.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Luda Luda is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,069
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
What happens when Facebook dies out just like Myspace? :P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
What happens when Facebook dies out just like Myspace? :P
People are too stupid to leave it, for most it's an addiction.
Myspace was just ugly.
__________________

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:09 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, actually they can play events on Zodiac and classic players receive the same amount of EXP as gold players.

I agree with your point about head customization, it should be a lifetime "given" upon purchasing a month of gold. Hopefully they get rid of it and just lets PC players use whatever they want.
__________________
Quote:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Shame they want to depend on Graal as a primary source of income, or going back to the whole "pay once and then never have to pay again" formula would be a rad suggestion.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:55 PM
swimdude swimdude is offline
SWIMGHOSTPURRP
swimdude's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 135
swimdude will become famous soon enough
PC should be free play period, we should be making enough off iphone if it was that great as people say.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM
WanDaMan WanDaMan is offline
Master Tux
WanDaMan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,571
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdude View Post
PC should be free play period, we should be making enough off iphone if it was that great as people say.
It's not cheap to have 100+ gaming servers online - I don't agree that it should be free.
__________________
V$:CONFL16T
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
It's not cheap to have 100+ gaming servers online - I don't agree that it should be free.
The problem with that logic is that there are plenty of higher quality games that are free with nothing more than a cash shop, or games that only require a single payment for unlimited access.

"Oh but wait, graal is a development platform"

okay but when was the last UC server to actually become something important? Let people host their own servers (for free). No reason Eurocenter should make money off people who are wasting their own money to have Eurocenter pay to host a server that won't matter in a couple months.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
WanDaMan WanDaMan is offline
Master Tux
WanDaMan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,571
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
The problem with that logic is that there are plenty of higher quality games that are free with nothing more than a cash shop, or games that only require a single payment for unlimited access.

"Oh but wait, graal is a development platform"

okay but when was the last UC server to actually become something important? Let people host their own servers (for free). No reason Eurocenter should make money off people who are wasting their own money to have Eurocenter pay to host a server that won't matter in a couple months.

Yes, a game with 10,000 + active members who log on to the game each day would be able to achieve a profit from the shops but because Graal hasn't got an active community on the PC it's not going to bring in any substantial amount of money to provide for maintenance . You can purchase cards on PC to enhance the game play but I highly doubt these are going to make a significant impact comparing what's coming in to the business and what's going out.

Graal is a great development platform in my opinion; I personally don't play or enjoy any of the servers currently online. I pay my subscription because I like to develop and I get enough satisfaction from my contribution which keeps me paying the monthly fee.

I am going to suggest we start giving UC player worlds the opportunity to have their servers on the player list for a fee each month providing they follow the rules and don’t abuse their power when it's on the list. This would increase motivation for more players to invest in Graal PC and start developing their own servers.
__________________
V$:CONFL16T
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Demisis_P2P Demisis_P2P is offline
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,357
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Yes, a game with 10,000 + active members who log on to the game each day would be able to achieve a profit from the shops but because Graal hasn't got an active community on the PC it's not going to bring in any substantial amount of money to provide for maintenance.
Catch 22 right here.
Graal doesn't have a substantial playerbase on the pc because the current subscriptions suckkkkkkkk.

And unless they change gelat purchases it might still suck when it goes free.
$40 for however many gelats is still not a microtransaction.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 PM
WanDaMan WanDaMan is offline
Master Tux
WanDaMan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,571
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Catch 22 right here.
Graal doesn't have a substantial playerbase on the pc because the current subscriptions suckkkkkkkk.

And unless they change gelat purchases it might still suck when it goes free.
$40 for however many gelats is still not a microtransaction.
I don't mind paying £3 every month to enjoy playing as I figure it's costing me just 10p per day although it depends on how many Gralats I have, I have some left over each time I upgrade so at most in one month I'll be paying £6

I smoke, a pack of 10 cigarettes is costing more than that now and they won't last me 2 days lol
__________________
V$:CONFL16T
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Catch 22 right here.
Graal doesn't have a substantial playerbase on the pc because the current subscriptions suckkkkkkkk.

And unless they change gelat purchases it might still suck when it goes free.
$40 for however many gelats is still not a microtransaction.
Start free -> acquire medium sized loyal fanbase, and become a minor household name -> have active administration release quality updates -> have active administration who work with development staff to create unnecessary but fun/nice to have content for cash shops -> have active administration release large scale updates like quality VIP servers that they work on regularly/work closely with their paid development team

Graal formula: Start free -> okay now you have to pay, but only once, okay -> jk pay for everything -> what do you mean we don't have any players on the pc?
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.