Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Nw2png2.0

First I want to make it clear that I did not code this tool. Alex(born2kill) originally coded it, and you can find it here:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134259601
Then Chris Vimes edited it, adding useful things such as the GUI interface and bugs. Then I took over and made some heavy modifications to it.

See the original thread for basic functionality and features.

Newest Features
> Shows you how long in seconds it took to parse and render the map when finished.
> addtiledef support, as well as subbing #L for the level name in addtiledef and addtiledef2.
> Colored bodies in ganis.
> Filter output toggle. Filtering the output will make resized maps look better, but it also increases the filesize by a large margin. This is enabled by default.
> New input for Graal Directory. Instead of assuming your Graal Directory, it will allow you to specify it(in case it is not always in CProgram Files\Graal\). However, it still needs FILENAMECACHE.txt to find the images, so for right now you can't simply direct it to an image folder.

Features I've added
> Recoded rendering. Before it was parsing and rendering NW's and GMAP's in separate functions. This meant any change to the rendering had to be worked into both functions. I've simplified the matter, making the GMAP function call forth the NW function for the levels and stitching the images together. This allows easier editing of the parsing and rendering code as well as easing up some of the heavy memory usage.
> Better image scanning. It was limited in finding necessary images before, but I've changed it instead to rely on Graal's FILENAMECACHE.txt. If you need it to find an image, simply having the image in the Graal directory(doesn't matter where) will allow it to find it. This includes other resources like ganis, but does not apply to levels. The levels must be in the same directory as the gmap file! But make sure your cache is up to date. To update your cache go into your Graal folder and delete FILENAMECACHE.txt, then run Graal. It will take a moment for Graal to start up, but once it does it will have scanned its entire directory and updated the cache.
> setimgpart support. It tries its best to interpret it, as well as its GS2 equivalent.
> addtiledef2 support. Only if addtiledef2 is found in a script in one of the levels. As above, it does its best to interpret the GS1 and GS2 command.
> Positioning code. This is in its infancy stage right now, but I'm attempting to interpret modifications to the position of NPCs via x++, x += 1, x = 32, this.x += 5 and so on. It's only as reliable as I have tested it. I'm pretty sure right now this is only applying to showcharacters, but I will soon add support for regular NPCs as well.
> Basic operations parsing. Before I was simply omitting values with operations, but now I've implementing some basic math parsing, so things like x = 5*3; should work. However I can't take into account variables(at least yet, maybe in the future I can substitute some basic known variables like position into the parsing).
> Gani support. I'm doing my best to interpret and render ganis. Right now they're mostly complete. I think the only thing left to do with them is to color bodies.
> Browsing memory. It remembers your input selections, making it easier to get in and render. This is especially useful when working on a single map, as all you have to do is open the tool and click render, since it remembers your last options.
> A batch file letting you specify a memory heap for the application. Rendering takes a lot of memory, and Java doesn't allocate very much by default. If you get a memory error, try closing and using the bat. Specify a number close to your total RAM in mb. So if you have 4GB of ram, try allocating 3600 or so. It will crash on launching if you allocate too much, so just try a lower value if it does(if you have a 64bit system, having Java 64bit will alleviate a lot of issues).
> No more hanging when it runs out of memory. Now it will notify you that it ran out of memory and reenable the 'Generate!' button, allowing you to change the scale and try again.
> Many bug fixes.

Features Planned
> Assigning images to join classes. I know a lot of servers use joins for NPCs such as doors and such, where the external class is assigning the image, leaving the parser no image info. Eventually you'll be able to keep a list of join classes, and assign them an image you want to be rendered, such as bush=bush.png.

Screenshots

Interface:

Output example:
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	1967
Size:	974.6 KB
ID:	53976

This is still a Work in Progress, so expect bugs, but please let me know! The more bugs I know, the more I can address them to make this as reliable and useful as possible!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.src.zip (14.0 KB, 1377 views)
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (242.3 KB, 1502 views)

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 11-23-2011 at 05:43 PM..