Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Small, but annoying bug.

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this problem or not.

But, whenever I view someone else's profile, there's that "mute" option to check mark. Sometimes when I'm closing the profile real quick I'll click it by accident. When I go to uncheck it, it still stays checked. I'm not sure if it really does anything because I am able to receive pms from players whom I have "muted" by accident through their profile.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed it or if there is a fix to it. But, thanks to whoever replies.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I think the Mute function is to mute anyone using their mic in-game. Unless you're a heavy user of that feature, it isn't likely to matter much to you.

However, I can't say I have ever experienced a problem like this before, not being able to uncheck a checked box.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I didn't know people even used the in-game voice chat, lol. Does it work? I've only seen people actually try to use it like 2-3 times in my whole Graal playing history, and it's never worked for me (hearing or speaking).
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
I got the mic feature to work but it's really buggy and doesn't work to the people without UDP turned on.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
I got the mic feature to work but it's really buggy and doesn't work to the people without UDP turned on.
Yeah, not to mention the problems enabling UDP creates for many people in itself. Quite a redundant feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I didn't know people even used the in-game voice chat, lol. Does it work? I've only seen people actually try to use it like 2-3 times in my whole Graal playing history, and it's never worked for me (hearing or speaking).
I only know of 1 person in all of Graal who uses it. Lithium Confusion (Blitzxkrieg). He's a top-notch DJ and composer, so he often has his mic turned on and is blasting his music compositions and generally favourited music to the people around him that wish to turn on the feature and listen.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i've used mic more than a couple of times before. it's not that exciting, and it usually doesn't matter that i accidentally hit mute since i don't play with any graal sounds anyways
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Well, it had just crossed my mind that there used to be a text file created within the Graal folder called "mutedaccounts.txt" at one point. I must not have muted anyone since installing Graal on this pc though so I never gave it another though, but having muted an account just now, the file appears to still get created.

If all else fails, I would give deleting the text file named "mutedaccounts.txt" in your Graal folder a go and seeing if that helps achieve what you're trying to do.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
DarknessShadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarknessShadow Send a message via MSN to DarknessShadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Yeah, not to mention the problems enabling UDP creates for many people in itself. Quite a redundant feature.
and the fact UDP is horrible in comparison to TCP
Old 12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessShadow View Post
UDP is actually quite cool
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
UDP is a way faster protocol; how is TCP better at all?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Well, it had just crossed my mind that there used to be a text file created within the Graal folder called "mutedaccounts.txt" at one point. I must not have muted anyone since installing Graal on this pc though so I never gave it another though, but having muted an account just now, the file appears to still get created.

If all else fails, I would give deleting the text file named "mutedaccounts.txt" in your Graal folder a go and seeing if that helps achieve what you're trying to do.
I opened up this document and erased all the account names inside and re-saved it. They are no longer muted, so if anyone has problems that's how to solve it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
UDP is a way faster protocol; how is TCP better at all?
UDP is faster because it actually provides no reliability checking; if a UDP packet goes missing, that's it. It's gone. It won't be retransmitted. TCP, on the other hand, tries it's hardest to make sure that the packet actually gets there, which I would pretty much consider more important. Oh, not only that, but UDP doesn't always traverse NAT very well, which is why a lot of people with home routers have trouble with UDP.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I don't think you even know which one is which. UDP is the one that makes the player appear smoother while TCP makes the player more skippy thus harder to hit. It's why "checking UDP" (which means you're using TCP) is being discouraged as UN's clever players are JUST finding out about UDP/TCP.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't think you even know which one is which. UDP is the one that makes the player appear smoother while TCP makes the player more skippy thus harder to hit. It's why "checking UDP" (which means you're using TCP) is being discouraged as UN's clever players are JUST finding out about UDP/TCP.
blame shadow convoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
UDP is faster because it actually provides no reliability checking; if a UDP packet goes missing, that's it. It's gone. It won't be retransmitted. TCP, on the other hand, tries it's hardest to make sure that the packet actually gets there, which I would pretty much consider more important. Oh, not only that, but UDP doesn't always traverse NAT very well, which is why a lot of people with home routers have trouble with UDP.
is there any firmware or something for routers to better enable them for UDP? i sometimes have problems with mine, even though i've gone through what should be more than adequate measures to enable it
Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
UDP is great for games. TCP is best when information CAN NOT be missing. All fps shooters online uses UDP. Playing a FPS shooter with TCP would be a pain in the ass.

I don't even know why Graal gives us the option to use UDP I think one or the other should be forced to even it out. UDP is great for whoever. If you have a good connection your packets won't go missing, if you have a bad connection you won't skip around and be super irritating in fights. :P