Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.

Otherwise I would vote for pooper for this job.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.
When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."
Old 03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."
Huh? I meant give him a break from all these negative posts about the way he did his application.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.

This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
no.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.
I agree.
It is interesting, and well put together. Sort of like an article would be. I like it.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down

I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.
Yes, this is a real application. I wouldn't object to other's using it as an example, as the format some of the other applicants take make the applications seem quite dry and boring. One my differences that set me apart from the other applicants is that I like to "spice" things up a little and have fun to a degree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Hell no...in a really nice way.
You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.
I'd like to just address this and move on with it. I invite any of you (Not trying to single Clockwork out in this instance) who have a problem with my moderation to forum PM me if there is a specific post which you are referring to. I won't ask others to reply for me, but some users have messaged me about their post and I've worked with them.

I try to be reasonable with how I do my job, but my job is to enforce the forum rules. I love suggestions, because if there is a problem with how I am doing my job it gives me insight on how other's feel I do my position.

Your insight allows for me to improve and do a better job in the future. I'm not perfect as I said within my application referring to my grammar, but I can work to improve on anything. We all make mistakes, but the goal is to improve and learn from our mistakes so in the future we don't make the same mistake again.

I like referring to the common analogy,"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Please understand that I'll explain my reasoning to you, but there are some posts that I will not restore.

Quote:

I agree, my writing isn't always the best. I find entertaining challenge in working to constantly improve my writing and I enjoy shifting my style of writing. I get tired following the same format of communication, and I like to keep things interesting!

The act of keeping the method in which I speak interesting allows for players to to be interested in reading when I speak. If we stick to the same dry format, players are bound to lose interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.
I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.
What happens after that?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.
ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,
Old 03-13-2009, 02:07 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What happens after that?
you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored
Old 03-13-2009, 02:11 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,
If you want to message me some of the specific problems feel free to let me know. I'm unsure if you are resentful of the way I acted at times on Zone, because as the Zone Police it is sometimes necessary to act quickly. At those times, I am not able to reason with you in those instances because it is a time to act, not a time to talk. Part of being the police is that I need to boss people around if there is a problem, usually bossing around those who are the problem so they are aware of their error and will not make it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What happens after that?
I'll review the post in question to double check my work and I may ask you for explanation if your post is extremely unclear and if it could be editted to be appropriate. Unless there is an explanation I never really thought of, I'll leave your post deleted. I try not to delete posts to begin with unless I'm sure they should be deleted.

I'll admit I make errors, as I've stated twice within this thread. The trick is to improve and to make no mistakes, or at a minimum less mistakes in the future. I'm not trying to say mistakes are okay, but we all make them and the best opportunity I can find out of a mistake is to learn from the mistake so the mistake will not happen in the future.

I will say I've toned back on my moderation in the past week, an example of which would be that I've tried to relax on the deletion of posts as spam or off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored
My job isn't to argue with you if you feel I am in error. I will explain my reasoning and will attempt to clarify with you. After a point if you just make responses that have no value to the argument at all and you are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, I choose to stop responding. I do have superiors for a reason, and I would encourage you if you feel I am not adequately responding to your needs to continue on to speak with either Sam or Darlene.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
The only thing I really question you about is that, 99% of the time, you are on Zone. I highly doubt you even know much about each server, I know if you get the job you can go to each server and see whats going on, but it is always good to have some sort of background on servers right?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Jumping on the bandwagon of letting our opinions fly, I'll be honest: This application isn't that bad.

Because a majority of the other ones suck too, just for different reasons.

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news