Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2016, 03:24 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quality Content

Can we work to create an atmosphere conducive to allow developers to create quality content?

I've noticed that the current spectrum of available servers doesn't even include a classic-style server. The last one that was available was UN, which excuse my description but it was a very poorly designed server.

If there are a few quality long-time Graal developers wishing to produce content for your game, why are you turning them away? If the excuse is no players on PC Graal, why are you blaming the solution? The problem is lack of content.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
mby they dont want good content on pc and instead have it focused on the iservers ?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:28 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
mby they dont want good content on pc and instead have it focused on the iservers ?
That makes sense in theory. But in practice I have noticed the iServers are even worse content-wise than UN.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
That makes sense in theory. But in practice I have noticed the iServers are even worse content-wise than UN.
ya but maybe the higher ups want devs to focus on those servers so they can improve while also being financially viable. i dont agree with it but i think that's their reasoning.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:49 AM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
They focus on iServers because of the financial aspect of the game
Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
They focus on iServers because of the financial aspect of the game
Can't the exact same payment model they're running on mobile be adapted by PC Graal? Why ignore a completely new money resource?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand how creating better development tools isn't a bigger priority.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:29 PM
superbusyrobot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The problem is lack of content.
Or, you know, advertising, since this is 2016 and you can't just Google 'Zelda Online' and Graal comes up as the first hit.

Seriously, Graal as a whole needs to be advertised a bit more than it is now. It's very obscure at this point.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I don't understand how creating better development tools isn't a bigger priority.
prob cuz they wanna focus on a new engine/client. who is realistically going to update this one? stefan is gone so...
Old 09-13-2016, 05:46 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Can't the exact same payment model they're running on mobile be adapted by PC Graal? Why ignore a completely new money resource?
There's a bit of psychology involved here but people are generally more willing to spend money on something they can take everywhere with them than something that they would have to be tethered to a computer that they barely would otherwise use. I don't think the same microtransaction model as the iOS servers would really work on PC.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I don't think the same microtransaction model as the iOS servers would really work on PC.
You say that, but the vast majority of Facebook flash games disagrees with it!

The same microtransaction model works fine for many of the older PC games as well, Maplestory being one of the giants that comes to mind in that market. Heck, even Blizzard has been running microtransactions for WoW successfully for years now.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-13-2016, 06:55 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
You say that, but the vast majority of Facebook flash games disagrees with it!

The same microtransaction model works fine for many of the older PC games as well, Maplestory being one of the giants that comes to mind in that market. Heck, even Blizzard has been running microtransactions for WoW successfully for years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx
flash games
oh no.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:36 AM
A sexy Scotsman
itsCyber is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Can we work to create an atmosphere conducive to allow developers to create quality content?

I've noticed that the current spectrum of available servers doesn't even include a classic-style server. The last one that was available was UN, which excuse my description but it was a very poorly designed server.

If there are a few quality long-time Graal developers wishing to produce content for your game, why are you turning them away? If the excuse is no players on PC Graal, why are you blaming the solution? The problem is lack of content.
I know what you mean by high quality content. Lots of servers including servers that are under construction lack high standard work. I have been on some playerworlds where they have displayed great quality work from the weapons, the ganis, the graphics and the levels. But overall I think if people want to get hosted they need to show it and show that they can apply the efforts and prove themself.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Quote:
oh no.
Oh yis.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
oh no.
Say what you will, but they get a lot of money from microtransactions. It clearly works on PC!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto