Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 AM
spydrct02 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the modification can reduce a 3 second load to at least 300ms. Is an OpenGL/Direct3D mode(s) going to be put in too? I think those would help even further for the people with enough resources to use them.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
. It should be ok now though with the modifications I made, so with the next Graal version (next week) it should work better.
Awesome, thanks a lot.

Quote:
Is an OpenGL/Direct3D mode(s) going to be put in too?
I never liked that from Graal 3, it made the picture quality...like...not as straight as it is now.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
I never liked that from Graal 3, it made the picture quality...like...not as straight as it is now.
I'm pretty sure it'd be optional to use them, and DirectX would still be default. Yeah, I agree it looks worse in OpenGL, but I think Direct3D was fine. Having these options would be like a performance/quality control.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ok worked a little bit on the problem.
Before the modification:
Geforce2: 110 milliseconds for level switch
Geforce 5900XT with 512mbyte video ram and latest driver: 300 milliseconds

After the modification:
Geforce2: 40 milliseconds
Geforce 5900XT: 50 milliseconds

The window size was a little bit smaller for the Geforce2, that's why it might still be some milliseconds lower.
It seems that the newer drivers take much more time for updating textures that are in the video memory, or they're more optimized for DirectX 10 stuff. It should be ok now though with the modifications I made, so with the next Graal version (next week) it should work better.
Does this newer graal version work with the newer Nvidia drivers for XP 32 and 64 bit? And what of the ATI drivers 32 and 64 bit? Have you been able to resolve any other bugs?? Erg I should just talk to you in person on RC or something...
Old 12-16-2006, 05:41 AM
CrimzonZero is on a distinguished road
The reason I use the omega drivers is because I actually have a ton of problems with all the official releases from nvidia... have no idea why though...

other then the drivers that came with my nvidia card in the first place I have trouble with all the newer ones... but I did a test before installing these drivers and using the original ones and some of the newer ones and for my pc I find that the omega drivers help me out alot more...
I got a gforcefx 5700 fe... my friend has a gforcefx5500 fe...
when doing the test for ffXI online I had low performance on the tests...
my friend had about the same performance even though his computer is faster and better than mine... 1.8ghz 756ram versus 2.4ghz 1gig ram...
after the drivers were installed my comp had a lot better performance and my friends who chose the graphics mode of the drivers had slightly better performance... when we redid his for optimized performance it still was not running as fast on any of the games we tried versus mine was close but not as fast and we have yet to figure it out... I think he runs alot more applications in the background than I do though...
Old 12-22-2006, 12:55 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Ok this problem is fixed with the latest version of Graal. Thanks Stefan, for listening.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
1600 x 1200 (Omega ForceWare 66.93 (p)): 100ms level load--much better.

I will try on newest drivers and see if those work as well.

Yeah, quite better on newest drivers, too.

New version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NLbn3qG9v0

Old version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZTBU35c3QU

Last edited by spydrct02; 12-22-2006 at 01:47 AM..