Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2002, 04:14 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
Don't touch UN. UN is where 1/5th of the graal population goes. It is the place to PK and spar. It's better than Classic in those respects. Don't touch it. If you want to criticize it, fine. If you want to criticize the people there, fine. But it does it's job. It brings the player population in.

And if you want to complain about "gfs and bfs" you should look no further than Classic. I've played it and not only are a great deal of people there profoundly stupid and gullible, but they also look for 'g/fs" and "b/fs". I played classic for about a year before UN came out, and I would take UN over classic any day. Classic is an okay server, but the lag sucks.
UN lags more for me. That whole pointless rain things causes Graal to screw up for me.

UN is great for sparring! During spar events, hearts are not even evened out like Classic spar events. Classic has many different PKing areas and make it perfect.

I don't really like UN, and that's because most of the staff are really immature. Too immature to even allow me to come on RC once in a while to help a few people.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:17 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by XxxxneosoftxxxX
That Galabia (sp?) is just messed up. It was released then went private. wtf? Thats not fair. There might be a few other servers like that but they get to stay up when another new server could take its place and get more players. I think there are too many servers online to start with. The players are all spread out. Less servers mean more people on the others.
?
Galbadia was already private, it was released, it was laggy, then it went back to private.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:36 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Stefan said he is going to do something about galbaldia. It's rediculous how it gets online then goes private.

By the time they do the overworld again, the standards will rise and galbaldia's overworld will become crap once again.

That's exactly what happened with Gaia. It was admitted in Janurary because it has "good scripts" and now it's released, 9 months later, yeah, so what? The scripts are decent at best.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:10 AM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
?
Galbadia was already private, it was released, it was laggy, then it went back to private.
I know it was private then released then went to private again to be fixed. Then when it came back it was open. Now its just a few levels and only staff can access them. Thats what I meant by "private." It like sends you to another playerworld when you log on.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:13 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
I say just remove all of the playerworlds besides Classic. I bet you are thinking "Now that's a stupid idea, why would you do that?"

Well, basically, because the standards for submitting playerworlds should be MUCH MUCH higher. The ones that are online are a disgrace. I bet someone could create 1-2 levels full of fun things to do and it could be more popular than most of the current servers.

Also you should not be able to remake a current playerworld without it being passed and/or approved by the PW Administration.

If you people just take your time and think of the players we wouldn't have all of these dull and boring playerworlds.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 10-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
The PWs are playermade Servers. Why do they have to be perfect?
Old 10-08-2002, 08:06 AM
Banned
freddyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
The PWs are playermade Servers. Why do they have to be perfect?
Now that Graal has gone entirely P2P, the standard of quality HAS to be raised. We can't accept crap anymore.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:07 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally posted by freddyfox

Now that Graal has gone entirely P2P, the standard of quality HAS to be raised. We can't accept crap anymore.
In which 85% ARE crap.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 10-08-2002, 09:08 AM
SavantMiles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SavantMiles
So many people like to bash on UnHoly Nation, when they dont even take the time to look around the server or stay there for a couple days. Now im LAT Admin there, and ill admit the levels are bad, but i have done what i can to change that. I had my lats redo some of the towns, some pathways and even start adding a coast to Un. Now, i plan to redo the levels slowly, why? because strangely enough the players on Un like the levels. Now we do have some nats working on things like new jobs and games(mantas making the games hes the manager for all you people that dont know). I myself have taking interest in how people say Un is all spar and pking, yet there are people there that try to roleplay( scary enough), so ive been busy working with some others on a new project for Un. About staff rudeness, yes many are rude, i keep my lats in line but i cannot say the same for the rest of the staff. I find the Weather system annoying myself, but as for progress Un is progressing, but slowly.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:44 AM
albus777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to albus777
Quote:
Originally posted by James
I say just remove all of the playerworlds besides Classic. I bet you are thinking "Now that's a stupid idea, why would you do that?"

Well, basically, because the standards for submitting playerworlds should be MUCH MUCH higher. The ones that are online are a disgrace. I bet someone could create 1-2 levels full of fun things to do and it could be more popular than most of the current servers.

Also you should not be able to remake a current playerworld without it being passed and/or approved by the PW Administration.

If you people just take your time and think of the players we wouldn't have all of these dull and boring playerworlds.
This makes so much sense it's scary!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:15 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by darkriders_p2p

That looks like sarcasim, considering, 2/5ths of graal's "population" is on classic, I bet all the classic PKers would woop, UNs (I say this because I have 300 kills 40 deaths on UN with lvl 2 sword and 7 hearts). UN might have some good sparrers, I'll give you that.

And for the bf/gf thing, that changed along time ago, most people don't do that crap there anymore. And the lag on classic isn't horrible, UN's day/night is laggy at times (just like g2k1)

In My opinion classic is going up hill faster then all the other servers are. The others are either in neutral rolling down the hill, or the idiot in control is driving in reverse.
<3
So true
Have managers of once good servers fix up their servers and get rid of the other never good ones that have had their chance but failed.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Banned
magicbud3344 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to magicbud3344
Torans, i agree with you all of teh PWS suck in my opinon to, but you can't give UN a 1, seeing there are always around 100 people on it x.x
BTW SHUT DOWN ALL SERVERS AND FORCE PEOPLE TO PLAY 2k1
Old 10-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by SavantMiles
Now im LAT Admin there,
So you're generally inclined to say good things about it. In truth, the levels suck, the scripts are simplistic, and I was completely and utterly dumbfounded as to how the crap it got up.

Then I remembered Genmo was running the PWA.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by freddyfox
Then I remembered Genmo was running the PWA.
It went straight to Stefan.
Old 10-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
It went straight to Stefan.
Really? Could've sworn it went past Genmo's desk. Hm.