Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 04:02 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
You could have a random player relation working on the skins while the development staff are doing whatever they're doing.

I mean, who can't recolour a weapon 3 or so different shades of a colour?
Old 12-31-2013, 04:12 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I can't.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:49 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
chris vimes can't either
Old 12-31-2013, 05:08 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
What we need is more black gun skins.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
you should focus on the guns that players use the most. then do the less popular weapons.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
As for the price, they were already lowered by a significant amount. When we first released the system there was a formula put in place to make the skin price depend on the price of the gun, skins could cost up to 50k depending on the gun. They were lowered (posted on page 1 of this thread I think) soon after to just 10-20k.
too damn high man
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Flak skins please.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
and PL-9's QQ

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
You could have a random player relation working on the skins while the development staff are doing whatever they're doing.

I mean, who can't recolour a weapon 3 or so different shades of a colour?
I'm just gonna say that I think it's lame to ask staff to do something that isn't their job.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
I'm just gonna say that I think it's lame to ask staff to do something that isn't their job.
Let's be honest.

PR's haven't done anything since the MD/Fidel Era(s) when they were assigned to hunt down and persecute spawners/usder/scammers/etc. When all the big busts happened, when surprisingly... Godzilla was actually the best PR you could find (that kid would be online 24/7 doing twerk).

The secret was though, that the manager himself was the one spawning/usding it all... so it was more or less a circle of work for them. Tim finished his tutorial, and everything has been babied down.. the FAQ arena is pretty obsolete.
Trading is practically idiot proof (though I've known the occasional person to fail), but it really takes 3-5 minutes to find an item or reverse a trade.. especially with Blue's FB. There's no active and/or player admins to spawn anything. There's very few 'limited' items anymore to track.
So the GP side could very well be handled by one half-active admin who knows how to use an RC. I know I did it myself, back when player traffic was doubled; hell I maintained half the admin positions on a few EraHours a day... better than any of these singular administrators. You just gotta find the right person.

ITT
What is their job anymore?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Let's be honest.

PR's haven't done anything since the MD/Fidel Era(s) when they were assigned to hunt down and persecute spawners/usder/scammers/etc. When all the big busts happened, when surprisingly... Godzilla was actually the best PR you could find (that kid would be online 24/7 doing twerk).

The secret was though, that the manager himself was the one spawning/usding it all... so it was more or less a circle of work for them. Tim finished his tutorial, and everything has been babied down.. the FAQ arena is pretty obsolete.
Trading is practically idiot proof (though I've known the occasional person to fail), but it really takes 3-5 minutes to find an item or reverse a trade.. especially with Blue's FB. There's no active and/or player admins to spawn anything. There's very few 'limited' items anymore to track.
So the GP side could very well be handled by one half-active admin who knows how to use an RC. I know I did it myself, back when player traffic was doubled; hell I maintained half the admin positions on a few EraHours a day... better than any of these singular administrators. You just gotta find the right person.

ITT
Just because they don't have very much work doesn't mean you should make them/ask them to do something completely unrelated to their job. When there's a slow crime day, you don't ask police to help build a bridge, do you?

That's just my opinion though (mostly stemming from the PMs I get from people asking me to do PR work, which is pretty annoying, considering I'm a GFX/Scripter.)
People have actually said I'm useless for not doing PR work, which isn't my job in the least.

I think it would be pretty lame if it was the other way around and PRs are being called useless because they aren't doing GFX work.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Let's be honest.

ITT
Ace Detectives Zeus and Alfonso on the job!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Just because they don't have very much work doesn't mean you should make them/ask them to do something completely unrelated to their job. When there's a slow crime day, you don't ask police to help build a bridge, do you?

That's just my opinion though (mostly stemming from the PMs I get from people asking me to do PR work, which is pretty annoying, considering I'm a GFX/Scripter.)
People have actually said I'm useless for not doing PR work, which isn't my job in the least.

I think it would be pretty lame if it was the other way around and PRs are being called useless because they aren't doing GFX work.
That's the thing, you should be utilizing every skill you have when you're apart of the staff team, if a PR can recolor a bunch of guns, they should be doing it.

I remember being a PR and still being considerably involved in all of the development that was going on (recoloring things, fixing levels links, adding statues for event winners, (spar tourneys etc), finding a bunch of hats we could release in the SR hatshop then eventually getting rights to be able to swap and recycle in and out hats, helping bug test every new event, quest and giving input on added guns, a lot of other things, probably a lot more rights than I should of had as a PR but with my activity and contribution I was trusted with those rights and shortly after became the PRA) I was helping in every aspect I could and at the same time taking millions out of the economy which was in-fact the pot twist of the management doing the spawning.

I guess my time as a staff member wasn't the norm though, I was manipulated into thinking that the team I was on were a good bunch of lads when in-fact half of them were doing the very thing I spent hours on end trying to figure out and then reversing. (That same Staff Team stabbed me in the back and the management excluded me when I was close to finding logs of him spawning)

In the end I just think everyone should be putting their 5 cents in wherever they can. If there was no crime one day and a police man was needed to build a bridge and was ABLE to build a bridge, why shouldn't he?

Last edited by Godzilla; 01-12-2014 at 11:59 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Okay so I blame your ***** ass for making my hats worthless. Pay up nerdo
Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Okay so I blame your ***** ass for making my hats worthless. Pay up nerdo
I only added hats that didn't exist on Era to the hat store and we only added 5 of each, if someone recycled in existing hats, it wasn't me and was way after my time as a staff member.
Closed Thread