Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
The 'Other' Islands

I think it would be pretty awesome to have things on other islands than the main. Maybe it will get people off of main, since we do have 5 others.

God Altars/Mines/Tradehouses/etc.

Thoughts?
Old 08-16-2014, 04:28 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I'm up for it. We had a similar project in development on Kingdoms Debug for CP where we were creating a mine under the mountain on Crescent Isle. If I remember correctly it was in development when Alan was still Governor and I'm fairly sure it was either completed or really near being finished.

We also wanted trade houses on CP but were told by Bjorn that they were only allowed on main island.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Bjorn
My entire thought is that since Nico is manager we'll get our requests. A ton of things that Bjorn/Tig said no to are already on the server, so..

But I remember you showing me the mines on CP too. GET 'ER DONE
Old 08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
I will look at the mines. But trade levels I would like to keep on main aswell.
Moving the god altars is a nice idea. This could be done for facebook.

If u have more ideas for the kingdom islands just post them here, i will read it

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-16-2014, 05:35 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
But I remember you showing me the mines on CP too. GET 'ER DONE
We have some really neat stuff on Kingdoms Debug that either were not finished/uploaded to the main server. Same goes for most the kingdom islands but I remember development projects for CP/Forest were especially good but that might be because I was developing for CP at the time and Draxx was making some cool stuff for Forest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I will look at the mines.
Our main reasoning behind the mine was to help newer players build a house. I distinctively remember when I built my first house. It took me ages because my speed was so low and I had to walk from the mines on main island to where I was going to build it on CP.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:03 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
I will look at the mines. But trade levels I would like to keep on main aswell.
Moving the god altars is a nice idea. This could be done for facebook.

If u have more ideas for the kingdom islands just post them here, i will read it
I've always felt that we should allow players to build shops on main island, but only say, Nico can approve flags and move the buildings, to keep people from building structures in places that obscure the map, and to prevent the map from being over-run.

It would be nice to actually add shops around the outskirts of existing towns, etc.

Also, adding some actual NPC shops on the kingdom islands would be nice. It would be even nicer if they re-mapped the kingdom islands onto main.gmap, like they did with the noobie island.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
It would be even nicer if they re-mapped the kingdom islands onto main.gmap, like they did with the noobie island.
That might be an unrealistic goal as the map would be way north of 10k levels and I'm not sure what kind of performance issues that might create. There has to be a reason why the map is split up into islands and its probably to improve performance/dealing with limitations with the Graal engine.

I might be wrong with these numbers because I'm not able to check as I lost my old backup of the pirate map but I'm fairly sure the map is around 4000 - 5000 levels in size and if you times that by 6 it would be 24 - 30k levels if we assume the maps are around the same size.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM
whatever.
Maharu will become famous soon enough
i like having the god altars on main, but what if we made altars to lesser gods on the kingdom islands? for example a god of the harvest on forest, which gives a bonus to growing crops when you pray to it, a god of the sea on zormite which gives bonus to fishing, god of earth on dustari that makes mining faster, like that. like you journey to the island & pray at the lesser altar, then for a certain amount of time some of the professions in the game become easier. i dunno how it would work rly just throwin it out there lol. could encourage ppl to go visit the islands more often for the buffs.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Zormite
Zormola

If the game agreed to this, I would get all of the work done for it.

Zormola. Zormola. Zormola.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Pirate Lord
Dinji_Jinto is a jewel in the roughDinji_Jinto is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Dinji_Jinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
I've always felt that we should allow players to build shops on main island, but only say, Nico can approve flags and move the buildings, to keep people from building structures in places that obscure the map, and to prevent the map from being over-run.
I'm not certain how I feel about having shops on the main island. Aside from my feelings, I don't know how great of an idea it would be to have Nico be the only one to approve flags. There are too many other things that he's the sole person in charge of. Assuming that this happens.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Housing Admin.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Populating other islands could be fun when we have more players but right now if you take 20 people and divide it by 5 you get 5 people on each island. Kind of boring

It would be cool to have player-owned auction buildings, which any player can submit an item for auction to. This could be done on islands, but I anticipate most players wouldn't be bothered to run around random islands.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
That might be an unrealistic goal as the map would be way north of 10k levels and I'm not sure what kind of performance issues that might create. There has to be a reason why the map is split up into islands and its probably to improve performance/dealing with limitations with the Graal engine.

I might be wrong with these numbers because I'm not able to check as I lost my old backup of the pirate map but I'm fairly sure the map is around 4000 - 5000 levels in size and if you times that by 6 it would be 24 - 30k levels if we assume the maps are around the same size.
Last I checked, each island is around 1024 levels in size. (32 x 32) Also, they won't be merged because there's not enough physical space left on main.gmap to even fit them. We just got lucky with the newbie island because it was conveniently small enough to fit in an empty part of the southern sea.

Also, the islands are on separate maps and do not align in a perfect grid formation. The archipelago is shaped more like an upside-down star. This means a lot of extra left-over space if they somehow were merged, and a collective map size of roughly 9216 (96 x 96) maps with nothing remaining in the corners.

Performance issues aren't really the reason why the islands are split up. They were made that way originally to keep them separate, and accessible only by using the game's intended means of travel. (Like ferries, the dungeons, and so forth.)