Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerxusgraal View Post
Why not pass it to another developer to keep it up?
Thats the problem these days, good servers go online then the staff gets tired of it and takes it down.. When i was working for n-pulse there were atleast 5-6 different owners.
Pass it on. Dont just take it down
Considering the current state of Graal it would be pretty pointless.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thats the problem these days, good servers go online then the staff gets tired of it and takes it down.. When i was working for n-pulse there were atleast 5-6 different owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post

In the coming months, Jigga will give us the Classic that we deserve.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Sad to see this. You did ALOT of work, and the Quests were awesome. But I have to agree, the subscriptions for Graal are way to expensive. I hope they will realize it soon and change it.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
rip classic. pc graal is dead anyways. thanks for your efforts thor.

so much potential for this game...i really wish unixmad would have just sold graal to someone that actually knew how to run a business. it's getting too late for that though...game is becoming very dated and has a pretty terrible overall reputation. if bought by the right company it could definitely be turned around. would like to see stefan retained by the buyer.

graal's biggest problems:
a) disconnection between the community and the boss (unixbread)

b) every year somehow the client GUI gets uglier and uglier (anyone ever remember when graal actually had the green theme going for it?) honestly looks like its from 1994.

c) website is extremely uninviting and bland

d) graals pointless and hard-to-navigate/confusing subscription system. seems to me they like to exploit ways to make fast cash instead of actually putting time and effort into working with current playerworld owners into a nice and well-designed cash shop with specific needs for each individual playerworld.

e) whatever happened to stefan working with top developers to create new official worlds? having the man around to add new features to the client is invaluable.

blah blah rant.

i just show up to troll and see if anything actually changes around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
The version of classic that was trashed in favor of Storm's GS2 classic? (a.k.a Tyhm's Classic)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I already tried arguing that. Just because Thor, and the current staff have given up on it doesn't mean it should be taken down. But his response was something similar to Stefan or Graal (both or just Stefan, I forget) do not deserve the hard work he has put into the server. It's kinda sad, I don't think any of us can just start from scratch and have it approved as the new GTA server either, so it just dies with Thor.

And you sure your not another "scriptless".. there seems to be a lot of him going around lately.

Hopefully when the subscription policy changes and everyone can see it's not as bad as they thought, Classic can make a return but for now I think it's best left at R.I.P.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
As sad as it is to see this go, I don't feel it'll make the 'hoped for' impact upon stefan. As long as the ios exists, it'll bring with it fresh players who soon tire of being just players and purchase a server with their parents credit card only to find their server will probably never make it to the ios like they originally fantasized. Word will eventually catch on and things will change eventually but that'll take forever as I feel 12-16 year olds (a.k.a. the ios graal market) seem to have some kind of weak spot which graal taps into to in terms of spending irl currency for the sake of a shiny hat and an incredible blind spot when it comes to knowing what a bad deal is (value for money wise).

It's genius.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Not a lot of people truly realize the amount of time the developers & Thor specifically put into revamping this server. Had a lot of good times there gonna miss it.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
nice
Old 02-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
i agree, classic should of been mixed with purple to attract a more urban crowd.
i just think classic could still have that classic feel but more rpgish or something i just think a pure classic style Zelda doesn't work on this new era of graal sadly
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
LOL i remember one time it was like SAdie and DS then Rai then few other people and some how they still manage to release a whole new server during all theses manager changes
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Making Levels
zerxusgraal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
LOL i remember one time it was like SAdie and DS then Rai then few other people and some how they still manage to release a whole new server during all theses manager changes
Thats because we had a very active lat team handling the overworld changes.
Archaon was a great lat admin and I think we changed/updated the entire ow like 4 or 5 times. Haha
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
I feel bad for you, but in to be honest I feel quite joyous. I believe this will need to happen more often for change to come. I'm sorry you put a lot of effort into this, and Graal screwed you over. But none of us here will forget Classic and the trend it will hopefully start. Developers and players need to man-up and QUIT coming back to Graal.
I'll be brutally honest with the view I've had for quite a long time now on this. My thoughts on this are that since iPhone is proving to be the better outcome for Stefan and his lot, they're leaving developers to die out bit by bit and to deal with stupid things like Observer Mode and ridiculous subscription structures hoping that one day they'll check back here and see that we've all up and quit so they can finally announce that there will be no more support at all given to the PC version of Graal. Not that we're getting any support as it is, but make it official and blame it on lack of interest from players.

That's honestly how I feel and don't think they're going to extend us an olive branch of any kind. Not to players, not to developers, not even to the global administration teams.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
BTK Slayer
TwinDragons is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TwinDragons
This is pretty stupid, Classic was the only reason I actually played for awhile now. The owners need to realize, as you all know that it isn't really worth anything to keep the observer mode and subscriptions at this price when the population of PC Client is oh I don't know 300 players combining all the servers?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Classic has been on a slow, downward spiral for a very long time. Those of us who have been around for it all shouldn't be surprised to see the server go and it would be hard to pinpoint exactly what caused it all.
Closed Thread