Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 01:26 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Well, it's hard to get rid of corrupt staff now, since no one can be fired. If someone went on a mass jailing spree I couldn't fire them, no matter how hard I wanted to, or they deserved it. I could only suspend them.
Yes I think that's the stupidest rule I think Contego has ever made. You would think the high level admins wouldn't be so corrupt as to fire people they dislike. I think the person that hired them, should be able to fire them, and only those people, unless there is an admin or someone at a higher level that feels the person should be fired, then they should at least consent with the admin of that staff area first.

I just don't see how reporting to Contego about someone that should be fired, is the right way to do it.. because Contego probably wasn't there to see what the staff did, and only has someones word to go by. It just seems like a reason for Contego to use power. :/

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
I agree with the "soandso staff is [email protected][email protected]#" it's getting ridiculous, and I have heard people say I kissed up to Stefan to get my positions which is obviously not true.. I argue with Stefan about things a lot, that means I'm sucking up? The reason I have RC, NC, and ftp, is because I am doing projects that require them.. (playerhouse system, bomy pet battling, etc) Sure I could do them all without these tools, but isn't that what the tools are for?

It's time for some players to realize staff are not just players with power.. they are staff with tools to help out the server.. true there are some corrupt staff, but if you see a staff warp to some private level, you don't just go and label them corrupt. I already told Stefan to make staff rules about things, like staff should not use staff tools or weapons in public if there is no need, since that just makes people think staff are corrupt. "Omg did you see <staffname> running around using some npc that moved stuff around? He's corrupt.."

Part of it is due to the fact that the staff doing this doesn't find this wrong in any way, and was never told it wasn't allowed.

*edit* I am not about to take the time to write out a big list of improvements for Graal, and send it over Stefan's way.. let's just hope he takes me seriously because it seems a lot of people agree with my views here. (thanks )
Exactly!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:27 AM
Sjc2k1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sjc2k1 Send a message via Yahoo to Sjc2k1
i dont want a job on any server.
i am an ok level maker but i agree with konidias and the rest of you there are a few corrupt staff and when i see them i just dont want to get involved or be like them

for if this post is blue then it is Sepher and i am back an hopefully to stay and will be posting on this account until i find my password (sorry for mucking up your sig wiv this Sjc2k1)
Old 01-04-2002, 01:28 AM
Any Requests?Hey its me:)
_AcidIce_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _AcidIce_ Send a message via AIM to _AcidIce_
Quote:

Yes I think that's the stupidest rule I think Contego has ever made. You would think the high level admins wouldn't be so corrupt as to fire people they dislike. I think the person that hired them, should be able to fire them, and only those people, unless there is an admin or someone at a higher level that feels the person should be fired, then they should at least consent with the admin of that staff area first.

I just don't see how reporting to Contego about someone that should be fired, is the right way to do it.. because Contego probably wasn't there to see what the staff did, and only has someones word to go by. It just seems like a reason for Contego to use power. :/
Konidas , Contego come on my Servers RC Chat and explained that stupid rule .. Before This rule came out ,Nightfall .. I don't know what he is but come on my server telling me how to run it , I think that higher staff are coming out with stuff to make themselfs even higher then what they are now . Making themselves known in a way.

(On RC Chat) KillJoy - away: ACID CTRL ALT DELETE 2 TIMES DOESNT GIMME LVL 4 RC!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:30 AM
Forbidden
Quote:

Unfortunately, that is how most staff work...all they do is hire their friends, people the like, or people that are "in-crowd" types...they snub those that actually would do far better and could have the potential to make things better.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:32 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:

It's to make sure contego and his friends don't get fired, since anyone contego likes will never be fired, since NightFall, Nemesis, and himself would never let one of their friends get fired. Since they have the control now over who gets hired and such this assures they will keep their friend where they want them, and they will amass more power.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:32 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by _AcidIce_
Konidas , Contego come on my Servers RC Chat and explained that stupid rule .. Before This rule came out ,Nightfall .. I don't know what he is but come on my server telling me how to run it , I think that higher staff are coming out with stuff to make themselfs even higher then what they are now . Making themselves known in a way.
If I had someone like that come onto my PW RC and tell me that, I would tell them to piss off because I know how to run my PW...otherwise, I wouldn't have it
Old 01-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Originally posted by _AcidIce_
That rule shouldn't be applying to your server....

Old 01-04-2002, 01:33 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Unfortunately, that is how most staff work...all they do is hire their friends, people the like, or people that are "in-crowd" types...they snub those that actually would do far better and could have the potential to make things better.
..if i was head level maker, i wouldnt hire a friend of mine because he asked

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:34 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

psst...sterotyping is bad.

Old 01-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Contego was/is making it a global thing.. from what I have heard..

I don't even know half the people he hired to be in charge of who gets fired or whatever.. and he even said one of them didn't have a p2p account.. Gee a lot of good he will do for p2p servers..

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Originally posted by ArchOwl

..if i was head level maker, i wouldnt hire a friend of mine because he asked
Everyone says that though. Plus there already is a head level maker.

Old 01-04-2002, 01:37 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
Quote:
Contego was/is making it a global thing.. from what I have heard..

I don't even know half the people he hired to be in charge of who gets fired or whatever.. and he even said one of them didn't have a p2p account.. Gee a lot of good he will do for p2p servers..
That goes beyond his power. He can not impose rules on other people's servers. They are not his servers, it is the owner/s. Only Stefan should be able to impose such a rule.

Nemesis has a p2p account I think, and NightFall is just some classic person. He has no p2p account, though I think the HROs are split, one for newmain one for classic.

Old 01-04-2002, 01:37 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Everyone says that though. Plus there already is a head level maker.

yes,birdbird,who is devoted to 2002
thats why i want to help 2001

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:39 AM
Ded
Kumada is on a distinguished road
Bah, Konidias should be head level maker....