Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2002, 05:58 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Triclops

Konidias isn't the only person good at tiling, npc's, gfx, and with ideas. There are many people who could do what he does.
I don't see anyone else doing it so until that happens...
Old 01-04-2002, 06:01 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

I don't see anyone else doing it so until that happens...
when the people offer their assistance, I doubt they get a reply at all.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:03 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu

Indeed, when help is offered people are ignored.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:04 AM
Karakaze Troupe
Brad0629 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Brad0629 Send a message via AIM to Brad0629 Send a message via Yahoo to Brad0629
Quote:
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Seriously. Most of the players call us staff corrupt, no matter what the reason. 90% of the time it isn't corrupt in the least bit. But the word corrupt, in itself, has been corrupted to mean something totally different and has almost lost all meaning at the same time. Because such a thing has happened whenever someone wants to help, people think that they just want power. This prevents such people from helping. It's not about power always, and it's not always about money. People just assume though that everything is.
I got called corrupt for warping somewhere once. When look at birdbird, when was the last time you saw him WALK somewhere? I got called corrupt and was fired automatically because Loriels an ******* (hi ***** ban me if you want).
Old 01-04-2002, 06:04 AM
Sir Triclops is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sir Triclops
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
That's pretty much on the mark.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:06 AM
Solareon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Solareon
Unhappy sigh.

Quote:
Originally posted by ArchOwl

which levels have you seen

archowlshouse,or zols, or zolsv2, or zolsv3, or zbs arena, please be more specific,and if you mean all,thats very offending,because the first 3 i KNOW are bad

he claims that only the first 3 are bad, the last two are about the same quality lol. He thinks his levels are good but he never sends out pictures of HIS GOOD levels. all the levels he sends out are crap and look like they were something from some ancient classic player house. Yes granted he may have over 1k posts but posts are like hours and mean nothing. Although posts to some extent show how well you grasp the forums or how active you are in the forums. I Find people that constantly beg for a job to just want the job for power or they work for delteria. (You all know Delteria has a secret plot to become staff on all the servers and then steal all their scripts and levels and put them on Delteria and claim delteria is the best )

Oh well I guess some people don't understand no the first time.

AIM: SolareonX
flame me 24/7 roffel
-- l33t
JubieSaotomeX < Me
Old 01-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
I'm relatively new to the forums but not to Graal. I understand the point Koni was trying to put across and i agree. If we want new things to happen in Graal as a whole we are going to need new people with new ideas. We can't expect Stephan to be a bottomless well of ideas for improvements to the game and nobody could. The forums are a great way to put across new ideas to people with the ability to put them to use but the admins have to check the forums to get the info. I'm not going on a rant about the admins never reading anything in here, they are busy. People hear the word "busy" and most simply don't understand what it means... Its not that they don't have the time but more that they have other priorities. You can't expect Stephan or any of the other admins to persistently moniter the forums in real time. Sure, we could make whole new positions for a couple of people to do nothing but moniter the forums and relay good ideas back to the admins but think of it this way: Let a bucket of dirt represent the melting pot of ideas that is the forums. If you have somebody do relay ideas thats kinda like a filter or a sifter (really a sieve but i don't know how to spell that for sure and most people have never heard of it) if you put enough filters between the dirt and the admins very few ideas are going to get through. The first step in solving Graal's problems and making improvements is to find a way to give as many people as possible the ability to submit an idea... This doesn't mean i think we should hire 500 level makers or what-not but i do think both the admins and the players need to strive to gather ideas. Whether that be the admins checking the forums more in-depth or the players finding ways to make their ideas stand out more to the admins. Every day is a graal revolution so to speak, we get new people every day and they will, at one time or another, have more than just an opinion of "that needs to be made better". They might just have an idea of how it could be better and until there is a way to get ideas considered... we will never escpae from the hole we have dug our selves into trying to get more dirt to put through the filters.

Sorry for my complete lack of paragraphs and sentence structure but i was concentrating on what i was saying... any comments are welcome =)

Also sorry i took so many words! My fingers are tired =P

Old 01-04-2002, 06:19 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Re: sigh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Solareon

Yes granted he may have over 1k posts but posts are like hours and mean nothing. Although posts to some extent show how well you grasp the forums or how active you are in the forums.
Posts show status. A noob with 5 hours wont NEAR be as respected as someone with 800 hours.

And, you said that most people ask for a staff position because of power.

What cannot you grasp about "I WANT TO HELP GRAAL2001."

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:25 AM
Solareon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Solareon
Exclamation Re: Re: sigh.

Quote:

Posts show status. A noob with 5 hours wont NEAR be as respected as someone with 800 hours.

"You want to help graal2k1 suck more okay you are hired" ~Staff Admin Dude

this is how staff are hired you understand that right? If you have 1000 hours on g2k1 (I think corpse is barely over 2100 hours, he's the highest) people will not hire you based on that. They hire based on if you are their friend, give them money, or help them get more power. People who try and help graal are banned because they express thier feelings about how graal 2k1 (see first post in this thread if you want to know) could be better. Things that would improve graal as a whole cannot be done because of people like you trying to say they will help graal but when they find out all the goodies they have then they become corrupt. This is how life works. This is how graal works.

(if None of the above made any sense to anyone thank you and try your call later)

AIM: SolareonX
flame me 24/7 roffel
-- l33t
JubieSaotomeX < Me
Old 01-04-2002, 06:25 AM
!_!
Metal-Slug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Damn you people don't you understand? Konidias is basically the ONLY person that does work on Graal 2001. He deserves whatever he needs to get the job done. I sure as hell would really worry for Graal 2001 is Konidias wasn't there because nothing new wpuld EVER happen

There was a time where I did not like Konidias, for a couple reason. One I was kind of immature. Second was that Stefan devoted almost all his time to Graal 2001 back then (as did many others'). Now things are different, Graal 2001 would be a relic of the past if it wasn't for him
there are people all over graal that are good at that stuff, and i don't doubt him as a developer at all, just as a nice person i do, also, not enough people in the world can lift hes ego

Er1c2 loaded the local ban info of Loriel-2002 RC
Old 01-04-2002, 06:36 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
Re: Re: sigh.

Quote:

Post count means nothing. It saddens me that you think it does.

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:36 AM
mike_king is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mike_king
Exclamation What has become of Graal

I agree with alot of what everyone is saying on here. Yes some of the Admins and all the GMs could be doing moreon 2k1 but maybe if there werent GMs, maybe if there were just admins for 2k1 and admins for 2k2 they wouldnt have to strech themselves so thin overthe servers and can concentrate on just fixing and re-building that server, or if they hired people to do it.

Right now they have good police chiefs and some good level makers, but on 2k1 you dont see many level makers anymore.

If they hired evern a few and those few actually did their jobs and submitted the work and its was half-decent the server, bit by bit would get better.

and if those people could get the level admin who has FTP to bringdown a level so they can make levels that connect on to that and expand the world of 2k1 then slowly the server would get bigger and better and continue to stay dense.

but you dont see many Level makers.....and I dont see the level admin trying to get many either, i mean its been a little while since I have seen new sections of 2k1 go up and usually its birdbirds stuff that goes up.

- Wind Rider
Old 01-04-2002, 06:42 AM
KHERRUPTED SHROOM
ArchOwl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArchOwl Send a message via Yahoo to ArchOwl
Re: Re: Re: sigh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Solareon

this is how staff are hired you understand that right? If you have 1000 hours on g2k1 (I think corpse is barely over 2100 hours, he's the highest) people will not hire you based on that. They hire based on if you are their friend, give them money, or help them get more power. People who try and help graal are banned because they express thier feelings about how graal 2k1 (see first post in this thread if you want to know) could be better. Things that would improve graal as a whole cannot be done because of people like you trying to say they will help graal but when they find out all the goodies they have then they become corrupt. This is how life works. This is how graal works.

(if None of the above made any sense to anyone thank you and try your call later)
haha

DDR Videos.
More DDR Videos.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:59 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
wow, now i know how it feels to be ignored in the forums O.o

Old 01-04-2002, 07:47 AM
Radioactive Cow
Jinx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jinx
Mindless repedative complaints are probibly half of graals problem.

What's going on here is different, Konidias is voicing his opinion and backing it up with details and reasons.

There is a big difference.

-Jinx
InsaneFishP0sse: He got a severe paper cut last week and died of blood loss, very sad
Confucious2002: so unix took over his body?
InsaneFishP0sse: No, actually it was the NPC Server,
InsaneFishP0sse: Now if you PM Nemesis, he will go "I am Nemesis, the PW Admin, I handle almost all Playerworlds currently online"