Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
Seriously, be a little more mature, yeah pojo jumps to wild conclusions, but dont be an outright jerk, great way to promote staff respect, dignity, and understanding.
You think it's more sensible to question my actions - those to support my fellow staff, who are are all working to provide new updates and new content for players such as yourself and PoJo - than to question PoJo who has consistently in the last two threads berated Maroku, who in this specific case was up until 3AM on his own time working on the aforementioned new content?

You need to get your priorities in check.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:57 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You think it's more sensible to question my actions - those to support my fellow staff, who are are all working to provide new updates and new content for players such as yourself and PoJo - than to question PoJo who has consistently in the last two threads berated Maroku, who in this specific case was up until 3AM on his own time working on the aforementioned new content?

You need to get your priorities in check.
Clearly, going to college, working part time which is really a full time job, juggling bills, rent, etc on my own and living on my own and youre one to say get MY priorities straight? Please, considering all that is needed for the Zormite project to be done is for Tycho do finish his part of it because mine is already done, so please your attempt at making yourself seem so righteous and protective is meager and makes you look even more pious than before. Seriously you can berate Pojo all day, but have some respect period, whether its for the forums or just for people in general, trying to make him look stupid by saying he should shut up just confirms and makes you more of a jerk than we all previously thought. Hell, atleast Tig is polite when he berates people, you're just a jerk.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTheBanished View Post
Clearly, going to college, working part time which is really a full time job, juggling bills, rent, etc on my own and living on my own and youre one to say get MY priorities straight? Please, considering all that is needed for the Zormite project to be done is for Tycho do finish his part of it because mine is already done, so please your attempt at making yourself seem so righteous and protective is meager and makes you look even more pious than before. Seriously you can berate Pojo all day, but have some respect period, whether its for the forums or just for people in general, trying to make him look stupid by saying he should shut up just confirms and makes you more of a jerk than we all previously thought. Hell, atleast Tig is polite when he berates people, you're just a jerk.
A person who donates their time volunteerly should not be berated for any reason. That extends to all staff on GK, not just Maroku.

This situation was explain on the forums to PoJo for everyone to read. He clearly has nothing but malicious intent. If you have a problem with how I have reacted please direct your attention privately.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I'm with PoJo when it comes to Maroku, and I don't care if he does stuff now or not, since most of the time I see him behave like either an ass, or being completely ignorant to everyone except those he might consider a friend.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I'm with PoJo when it comes to Maroku, and I don't care if he does stuff now or not, since most of the time I see him behave like either an ass, or being completely ignorant to everyone except those he might consider a friend.
I fully agree 110[percent].
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
For a Gold server, I'm sure people are more prone to jump at them.
This is something else compared to classic worlds.

On classic worlds a talented, but not too skilled developer can get a job because there are other people to train him - I doubt that the gk team can invest that amount of time.

Further, developing for gk is quite difficult. Its a whole different way to create levels, the coding is probaply quite hard and special, ganis and graphics are very good and complex - it's not like opening your editor and hacking some levels together for UN.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
I have to disagree with everyone who's against maroku. I mean he's no Sam but he still busted his ass to make sure we had our items and that we were hosting. Hell he would work with me on the bigger events I was doing too.

He's trying his best and the only thing that you can do is berate him. That tells you the type of mentality you have. Actually from experience I can tell you that there are always a group of people who don't like staff and will berate them at any chance they get.

If it were me I would be happy that he's making more content for the server. He doesn't need this **** as he is doing this voluntarily and doesn't need to impress you people at all. If he was getting paid by cyberjourers to do the job then I could see the berating being founded but until then lay off of him.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I have to disagree with everyone who's against maroku. I mean he's no Sam but he still busted his ass to make sure we had our items and that we were hosting. Hell he would work with me on the bigger events I was doing too.

He's trying his best and the only thing that you can do is berate him. That tells you the type of mentality you have. Actually from experience I can tell you that there are always a group of people who don't like staff and will berate them at any chance they get.

If it were me I would be happy that he's making more content for the server. He doesn't need this **** as he is doing this voluntarily and doesn't need to impress you people at all. If he was getting paid by cyberjourers to do the job then I could see the berating being founded but until then lay off of him.
I'm entitled to dislike anyone I want without having to explain myself, thank you very much, sir. Not that it's relevant, but he's also the only staff member on Kingdoms I dislike, and based on the attitude he has so often shown, I'd say it's well founded.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
Maroku does alot for GK we are lucky to have him working on new events/other things for GK, he is also a very active hoster when he is not busy creating a new event. I really do not understand all the strong views against him when he dedicates as much time as he does to improving the game.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I'm entitled to dislike anyone I want without having to explain myself, thank you very much, sir. Not that it's relevant, but he's also the only staff member on Kingdoms I dislike, and based on the attitude he has so often shown, I'd say it's well founded.
Too true on you disliking whoever you want. I have seen both sides of maroku and yes he can come off with a bad attitude but he doesn't mean too. How do you think we seem to him with some of our english phrases. he may mistake those for bad and think we having the bad attitude.

@All: just be happy that he's making stuff for events. if he didn't care he wouldn't be busting his ass to get these done.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:32 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
@All: just be happy that he's making stuff for events. if he didn't care he wouldn't be busting his ass to get these done.
Erm, isn't that what he signed up for?

I'd be more then willing to help so he doesn't have to "bust his ass", but like Ziro said he's a jerk to whoever is not his "friends".
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Erm, isn't that what he signed up for?

I'd be more then willing to help so he doesn't have to "bust his ass", but like Ziro said he's a jerk to whoever is not his "friends".

Then don't like him. Thats up to you.

At least awknowledge that he's doing work on events like you already have.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Then don't like him. Thats up to you.

At least awknowledge that he's doing work on events like you already have.
If you actually read what Sky wrote he stated that Maroku is only "creating stuff for new events" because it's what he has to do. I think you running around on these forums is a plague. Please leave.

P.S. Nothing against Maroku. Good guy.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
If you actually read what Sky wrote he stated that Maroku is only "creating stuff for new events" because it's what he has to do. I think you running around on these forums is a plague. Please leave.

P.S. Nothing against Maroku. Good guy.
Maroku doesn't have to make events. His job is to keep his team in order and keep events hosted. He is creating events (yes, he is actually doing the development aspect of events as well with scripting, levels, etc) out of the kindness of his heart. Some of his ideas are quite nice and his hard work is greatly appreciated.

He learned how to script so he can help make events in the future and is still learning. He scripted a lot of his most recent event.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Just remember guys most of the people who do the scripting for GK and host events don't get paid, which means it may not be their highest priority to work on graal. They may have to work to pay for essentials.

Just thank them for giving up their time to help the server, since they don't get paid for it, they do this for your enjoyment