Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.56 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
isnt there like a command on RC which works like ? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists
I am having a total brain fart. Is there a style button in the scripting windows in rc? If not there should be.. like there is in the offline version.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:50 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I am having a total brain fart. Is there a style button in the scripting windows in rc? If not there should be.. like there is in the offline version.
it's a command - you have to specify if you're using a class/npc/weapon and the name of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'd prefer a button within the scripts window, that command isn't exactly user friendly nor does it do as well of a job as Fp4s web version. There's no reason not to include this functionality.
yea I do agree with you, just wanted to point it out again, you never know if someone wants to mess around with it
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Anyway we can update this function to provide an account name of who uploaded a file.

function onLevelFileUpdated()
Old 10-23-2014, 12:06 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Anyway we can update this function to provide an account name of who uploaded a file.

function onLevelFileUpdated()
That's probably a server-side thing but I could probably have a npc command fired off when someone uploads something.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
That's probably a server-side thing but I could probably have a npc command fired off when someone uploads something.
Yes, it's triggered every time a level or more specifically any file that's uploaded through the file browser. I am not sure about the clientside RC though. Never tested it. I am simply trying to find a better way to monitor uploads.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:16 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
My air came in today, upgraded to Yosemite and installed f.lux, and will make an attempt on compiling RC for it sometime next week.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:25 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
My air came in today, upgraded to Yosemite and installed f.lux, and will make an attempt on compiling RC for it sometime next week.
Awesome, yeah I am using yosimite also. What are you going to be using to compile it? If you have any questions with Xcode feel free to ask I use it daily.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Anyway the timestamp can be optional?
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 10-24-2014, 04:05 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Anyway the timestamp can be optional?
It is and so will separating NC messages from RC.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:43 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
It is and so will separating NC messages from RC.
With this change, will we have better support for seeing when scripts were updated and by who even while I'm offline?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM
team canada
Quote:
With this change, will we have better support for seeing when scripts were updated and by who even while I'm offline?
Pretty sure you can write your own RC chat parser and track this information already. I.e.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...9&postcount=16
Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Can you make it so that when you're editing scripts and press tab, all the currently selected text gets two spaces infront of each line? Additionally, selecting shift + tab, removes two spaces infront of each line. These are two functions that I keep having to open NotePad++ in order to use that would be incredibly nice to have implemented into RC.

It would also be nice if the "Edit as Text" option from right clicking on a file in the filebrowser actually had all the features of any other code window on RC. Not even ctrl+z works in them at the moment...

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Can you make it so that when you're editing scripts and press tab, all the currently selected text gets two spaces infront of each line? Additionally, selecting shift + tab, removes two spaces infront of each line. These are two functions that I keep having to open NotePad++ in order to use that would be incredibly nice to have implemented into RC.

It would also be nice if the "Edit as Text" option from right clicking on a file in the filebrowser actually had all the features of any other code window on RC. Not even ctrl+z works in them at the moment...
Those would be cool. I would also like to see mac have the ability to use command+z to undo instead of ctrl+z because we already have to use command+c and command+p for copy and paste. And it would be nicer to stick to the same keys.

While we're talking about the script windows. Is it possible to show the image of weapon you are editing as well as the image name? Or even show an icon in the weapon list? Sometimes it's easier to spot things by icon then by a wall of just text when your just not quite sure the name to use the search function.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.
bro, i am on the fence as far as my feelings towards you, and i don't use an iphone.

please proceed with gonstruct developments. ;P

attached are a few reasons why you should...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toran-layertutorial-underwater-mtn.png
Views:	527
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	55770   Click image for larger version

Name:	waterfall-complete1.png
Views:	521
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	55771  
Old 10-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
shame on u for not making the waterfall tiles transparent, sticks out like a sore thumb

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Tags
worst thing ever