Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Stat changes/updates.

Been looking around and there are a few items which have some terrible stats, even kingdom items...

So here's a thread for those items you think need to be looked at, obviously don't just say they need a change, justify it.

Moss Bow - (Str-2)(Cha+1)(wc+3)(dmg+12)(luck+3)
Okay it's pretty uncommon these days and most people have forgotten about them. But i've always felt this item was spat at pretty much. Str-2? That's an insane penalty that would only be justified by the benefits, which are very small. Cha+1, useless. wc+3, useless, 3wc often makes no difference. luck+3 shouldn't change much, DoF is also luck+3. Also the name has no relation to the stats at all, moss is pretty ugly, but it has Cha+1. And the bow is also VERY innacurate aswell as being pretty weak, which i don't understand.

Revised stat suggestion: (Dex+1)(Cha-2)(wc+3)(dmg+16)(luck+3)(Attacks: physical, poison). Accuracy unchanged as it's powerful (16dmg) like composite, i think the more power on a bow, the less accurate it should be. Forest is very accurate, so it has 10dmg.

Again. Feel free to post your own stat revision suggestions and justify them. Obviously none is guaranteed to be accepted, but it may lead to some rectifications like with Demon Shield.

Edit:

To make this easier, please post your suggestions in the format:

Current: Moss Bow (Str-2)(Cha+1)(wc+3)(dmg+12)(luck+3)
Revised: Moss Bow (Dex+1)(Cha-2)(wc+3)(dmg+16)(luck+3)(Attacks: physical, poison)

Justification: blablabla

*I'm aware my first suggestion isn't in this format.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 07-04-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
So here's a thread for those items you think need to be looked at, obviously don't just say they need a change, justify it.
Thanks, excellent suggestion and guideline. I'd like to also say - don't just post something willy-nilly. You should discuss your suggested changes privately before submitting them. Post too many bad suggestions and it won't be worth reading this thread.

Please place your suggestions in the following format:

Current: Face of Agony (Cha-1) (Resist Poison $5) (Resist Blindness +5)
Revised: Face of Agony (Speed+5) (Resist Magic +25) (Resist Poison +25)

I'd like to make the mask "Face of Agony" Really match it's true purpose. I mean really, how are people to know they're supposed to be in agony unless they really are?

Last edited by Stephen; 07-04-2009 at 03:40 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Thanks, excellent suggestion and guideline. I'd like to also say - don't just post something willy-nilly. You should discuss your suggested changes privately before submitting them. Post too many bad suggestions and it won't be worth reading this thread.
Well there's no harm in discussing idea's here, although well thought out ideas that have been suggested privately before would definately speed the thread up.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
There are some items who could have some stats, instead of just being collectors or anything.

Quick exemple: Cloak of Nocturnal Shadow, maybe....resist death ?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
Ok here are a few things i believe need a fix.

Samurai Bracers: These are quite possibly the WORST item in the game, i do believe the current stats are -2 str -1 con -1 dex -2 wis or something similar, either way, they suck and need revamping, there are only a few pairs out there, why should they suck if they are so rare?

New stats: Dex +1 wis -1 int -1, this at least makes them useable, plus it adds another dex item since con is just out of the question and str is on too many items.

Cloak of divine light: Current stats don't really make much sense to the name. Since spell reflect does not work, it should be changed to reflect the name in some sense.

New stats: Resist holy word +30-40, there are practically NO items for this resist and plenty of people who use DS and worship bile, they need some protection from casters who spam holy word.

Black Guard Helmet: The stats are not worth the price +1 str +1 con -6 int fear resist? If anything the price needs a severe drop or the stats need to be redone, no one buys it now since fhom is far better due to it adding 1 to all 3 melee essentials.

New stats: Str+1 Con +2 int -4 wis -1 cha -2 resist death +30 resist holy word - 50 This makes the item quite useful to those who need a little con boost and already have 30 dex. It also makes the price of 60 ecs not seem so high.

Lastly we have the Phoenix helm, speed +1... i should at least add some dex or something, it is not a terribly common item, but it adds no stats making it completely worthless and not worth owning, let alone mentioning.

New stats: dex +1 speed +1 resist fire +20 this way it is not totally useless, still not as nice as fhom but in a pinch it can help with fire resist.

Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
There are some items who could have some stats, instead of just being collectors or anything.

Quick exemple: Cloak of Nocturnal Shadow, maybe....resist death ?
Was waiting for that item to pop up. Why it doesn't have stats is beyond me...
i think these resists would relate to it: blinding, fear, ghosthit.
stats that would relate to it: speed, (stealth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post
Ok here are a few things i believe need a fix.

Samurai Bracers: These are quite possibly the WORST item in the game, i do believe the current stats are -2 str -1 con -1 dex -2 wis or something similar, either way, they suck and need revamping, there are only a few pairs out there, why should they suck if they are so rare?

New stats: Dex +1 wis -1 int -1, this at least makes them useable, plus it adds another dex item since con is just out of the question and str is on too many items.

Cloak of divine light: Current stats don't really make much sense to the name. Since spell reflect does not work, it should be changed to reflect the name in some sense.

New stats: Resist holy word +30-40, there are practically NO items for this resist and plenty of people who use DS and worship bile, they need some protection from casters who spam holy word.

Black Guard Helmet: The stats are not worth the price +1 str +1 con -6 int fear resist? If anything the price needs a severe drop or the stats need to be redone, no one buys it now since fhom is far better due to it adding 1 to all 3 melee essentials.

New stats: Str+1 Con +2 int -4 wis -1 cha -2 resist death +30 resist holy word - 50 This makes the item quite useful to those who need a little con boost and already have 30 dex. It also makes the price of 60 ecs not seem so high.

Lastly we have the Phoenix helm, speed +1... i should at least add some dex or something, it is not a terribly common item, but it adds no stats making it completely worthless and not worth owning, let alone mentioning.

New stats: dex +1 speed +1 resist fire +20 this way it is not totally useless, still not as nice as fhom but in a pinch it can help with fire resist.

Thoughts?
Definately agree with samurai bracers, but i think the stats were that because they wanted speed+2 on them lol. But the negatives are too much.
Stats are debateable and pretty much up to samurai to negotiate with Tig/Stefan about.

I'd like to cloak of divine line to have +40holy word resist or +1wis +25holy word resist, reflect spells doesnt work nor refelct the title/story of the item at all.
"This cloak, sewed by the angels of Aengus,
provides an ancient protection from any
darkness that may veil. It was then blessed
by an old priest, Aiven Ghorr, to remove
all remaining affects from Aengus threads,
so it does not upset the other gods,
and now, even the darkest spirits may be
blinded by the light of this cloak."
Suggestions.

Lol black guard is horrible, holy word -100 is just insane... that's a 1 hit KO no doubt... Con+2 interesting, a trade off, Con and death resist for -50holy word resist (which is too much i still think, -20/30 sounds fairer) and no dex like with fhom. Those using black guard and demon stone have to watch out for brigid.

Lol@turkey helmet. It's worse than cowboy, which is no insult to cowboy but it's just horrible. I'd like to suggest Speed+1 resist fire+20 regeneration +3 for phoe helmet.

Quote:

Lets have all suggestions in this format. Ty Stephen.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 07-04-2009 at 04:04 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Was waiting for that item to pop up. Why it doesn't have stats is beyond me...
i think these resists would relate to it: blinding, fear, ghosthit.
stats that would relate to it: speed, (stealth).

Definately agree with samurai bracers, but i think the stats were that because they wanted speed+2 on them lol. But the negatives are too much.
Stats are debateable and pretty much up to samurai to negotiate with Tig/Stefan about.

I'd like to cloak of divine line to have +40holy word resist or +1wis +25holy word resist, reflect spells doesnt work nor refelct the title/story of the item at all.
"This cloak, sewed by the angels of Aengus,
provides an ancient protection from any
darkness that may veil. It was then blessed
by an old priest, Aiven Ghorr, to remove
all remaining affects from Aengus threads,
so it does not upset the other gods,
and now, even the darkest spirits may be
blinded by the light of this cloak."
Suggestions.

Lol black guard is horrible, holy word -100 is just insane... that's a 1 hit KO no doubt... Con+2 interesting, a trade off, Con and death resist for -50holy word resist (which is too much i still think, -20/30 sounds fairer) and no dex like with fhom. Those using black guard and demon stone have to watch out for brigid.

Lol@turkey helmet. It's worse than cowboy, which is no insult to cowboy but it's just horrible. I'd like to suggest Speed+1 resist fire+20 regeneration +3 for phoe helmet.
Quote:

I'd like to make the mask "Face of Agony" Really match it's true purpose. I mean really, how are people to know they're supposed to be in agony unless they really are?
Please
Old 07-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Please
We'll try, look up
Old 07-04-2009, 04:25 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
Forest shield current: pow +1 speed +1
Forest shield Revised: dex +1 speed +1 resist poison +20

Why pow? If forest is supposed to represent elves, it should represent their speed and their natural resistance to poison, not power, they have all pretty much vanished because of their stats, and decent stats couldnt hurt it.

Fear needs to work as well...seriously...
Old 07-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Yeah Fear should really work
Lets hope for some nice updates in Quarter 3
Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post
Forest shield current: pow +1 speed +1
Forest shield Revised: dex +1 speed +1 resist poison +20

Why pow? If forest is supposed to represent elves, it should represent their speed and their natural resistance to poison, not power, they have all pretty much vanished because of their stats, and decent stats couldnt hurt it.

Fear needs to work as well...seriously...
Uhm i like the fact that forest gives pow... very few pow shields and i believe Elves are both agile and magical, so the pow is sort of relevant. Dex+1 on a kingdom shield is kind of an insult since ice shield has the same stats just cold resist.
And with kingdom items, there are supposed to be more items than there are, i think CP has the most complete kingdom set having boots, shield, belt, wand, bracers, hat and hook. So the forest set is nowhere near complete, we could see dex/poison resist on other set items. To conclude: The shield is fine.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:52 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Give higher tier bracers some skill increase and make bronze craft-able.
That's sort of a stat change/update, isn't it?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:05 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Current: Belzebub's Shield (ac+4) (resist depletion+100)
Revised: Belzebub's Shield (ac+4) (sustenance+30)

Justification: Considering resist deplete does nothing why not change it to something that seems like it would mean the same thing and yet actually do something?
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Ess
Mousymee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mousymee
Current: Pirate gloves (wc+1)
Revised: Pirate gloves (wc+1) (dmg +2)

Justification: They're kingdom items they shouldn't be worse than havocs. Samurai boots are already better than pirate boots, gloves should be on par
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I'm going to suggest Sash of Clarity to have +1 magic.

Current: (Int+1)(Cha+1)(Pow+2)

Revised 1: (Int+1)(Pow+2)(Magic+1)

It's a caster belt and It shouldn't be mandatory to get regen from only rings and hats, and allow mix and match. Plus even if you have Magic+7 only +2 of the magic is going to do any difference.