Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Public Server Listings

Since pretty much no hosted servers have been in the server list at all lately, I would like to see some kind of category made in the server list for publicly listed servers that are seeking help.

Server options allow you to make a server staff-only and thus private, so it would be very nice to be able to flag them as public so that players can log on without having to guess at the server name. I used to get lots of traffic from curious users who would see World of Tomorrow listed in RC, but since that's not even available anymore, I rarely see anyone anymore who drops by on a whim. And since advertising isn't allowed on other servers a lot, my only option is to post stuff on forums or prowl elsewhere to find people who are interested.

I would also like to see more servers listed in the Hosted category if possible, but a lot of servers probably aren't going to get there anymore if people don't even know they exist.

I got to talk to Unixmad about it briefly a few weeks ago, and he seemed to have an interest in revamping the server list a bit, but nothing has happened so far. So if anyone can kind of nudge him toward doing something like that, I'd really appreciate it, and I'm sure other developers would too.

Last edited by Draenin; 05-11-2015 at 01:43 AM..
Old 05-11-2015, 08:03 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
To increase player activitty I propose that we require players to beat a game of snake before being allowed access to the server list.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The 'Hosted' section should just be a list of playerworlds in development that have a playercount greater than 0.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The 'Hosted' section should just be a list of playerworlds in development that have a playercount greater than 0.
Wouldn't that require the list to be refreshing a lot? Might cause a lot of listings to jump around if people log on and off quickly. And I'm not sure how much of a load that would put on the Login server itself.

Not a bad idea, really, but why not just have public servers listed alphabetically instead?
Old 09-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Had a talk with Carlito (MysticalDragon) about this, and he seems to be in favor of an 'Under Construction' section being added to the player list again. Can this please be a thing?

Ever since RC stopped showing all playerworlds and the Login Server knocked a bunch of them off the list, traffic on my server has slowed down considerably, and I can't advertise for help anywhere but on the official forums (which hardly anyone uses) and official servers, which typically have rules against doing so.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Ever since RC stopped showing all playerworlds and the Login Server knocked a bunch of them off the list, traffic on my server has slowed down considerably, and I can't advertise for help anywhere but on the official forums (which hardly anyone uses) and official servers, which typically have rules against doing so.

I agree 100%. Being able to see the full list of servers should at least be a 'Gold' feature.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:29 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I've always wondered why this hasn't been added before
Old 09-10-2015, 07:48 PM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Not sure if this is still a thing or not but http://statistics.graal.us/ shows all of the servers. Not the most convenient way of finding a server but it can help if you are actually interested in finding UC servers.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
Not sure if this is still a thing or not but http://statistics.graal.us/ shows all of the servers. Not the most convenient way of finding a server but it can help if you are actually interested in finding UC servers.
Yeah, I'm aware that's around, but it's not the first thing players go to when browsing around for servers, and doesn't help tremendously for recruiting people who want to help out. Thanks anyway for posting it, though.

But yeah. It would be fantastic to be able to use Staffonly = False to flag a server as public in the future, so people are more aware of everything Graal has to offer, even if a lot of things are a work-in-progress.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashkin View Post
Is the site not loading for anyone else?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Is the site not loading for anyone else?
Not loading for me
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-01-2016, 10:23 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Nor is it loading for me, just stays a white page.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:47 AM
fight4life is on a distinguished road
would love to see a "recently joined" section with development server where players have logged on in x amount of minutes even if it was update every 10-20mins or so for the sake of saving resources