Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Bugs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Not-So-Lucky Altars...

Alright long story short, the bug is that Lucky Altars simply selects a winner (yes at random) from the very beginning (first round) which makes any 'rounds' pointless. Could someone go over the scripts again to make it truly a contest of luck every single round as opposed to on the first elimination round. Even in Sudden death it's a trivial pursuit since it usually takes 3+ rounds to clear out all of the competitors.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
I noticed that too. You can just stay on a platform the whole time and just win. Very annoying.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 10-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I... really don't see an issue with this. All it does is computing the winner from the start, saving a lot of CPU, instead of computing the same thing over and over again (which is pointless).

From a coding point of view, this is probably even the preferred method in general. It doesn't affect the competing individuals in either way, since them winning or not comes down to having the same amount of luck in both cases.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I... really don't see an issue with this. All it does is computing the winner from the start, saving a lot of CPU, instead of computing the same thing over and over again (which is pointless).

From a coding point of view, this is probably even the preferred method in general. It doesn't affect the competing individuals in either way, since them winning or not comes down to having the same amount of luck in both cases.
Yeah, I agree with Ziro here. It's the same event regardless.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Yeah, I agree with Ziro here. It's the same event regardless.

I don't see what's pointless about making the event really about the altars being lucky instead of a chosen person being lucky, we already have a Raffle for that. It comes down to whoever made the event not having the time to consider what the event is about, picking an altar at random each round to save yourself from elimination, not sitting on 1 altar for the entire duration of the event because you've been chosen to win regardless of whichever altar you're situated on.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:48 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
To me it seems like it would take more CPU to figure out what altar not to pick every round then just picking a random alter every round.

The only issue is that the event could end without a winner, instead of being drawn out forever until someone moves away from the preset winner's altar.

If this really is the case OP has a point. Might as well call it the Altar Raffle.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
To me it seems like it would take more CPU to figure out what altar not to pick every round then just picking a random alter every round.
I'd imagine it just randoms a winner when the event starts at the moment, and if that player leaves during that event, it chooses another winner.

Purely speculations though, I don't have access to the code to verify it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 AM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
I don't think it works like that, it doesn't select a winner from the beginning.

Because if what u say is true then lets assume this:

Two ppl left, A & B
A has 2 life points and B has 1

Imagine that B was set to win from the beginning.
But A were to follow B wherever he went, then the game would never end if B was meant to win. This has never happened before, i think.

Though I do think that it's bs that a guy with 3 lp loses from someone that has 1 lp, it happens way to often. So something definitely is wrong.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:53 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Purely speculations though, I don't have access to the code to verify it.
I don't either but I'd be extremely surprised if it actually does pick a winner at the start. That's absolutely the wrong way to do it. It most certainly would not take "a lot of CPU" to do it properly.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:33 PM
The Nuke
Nuke_for_you will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
I don't think it works like that, it doesn't select a winner from the beginning.

Because if what u say is true then lets assume this:

Two ppl left, A & B
A has 2 life points and B has 1

Imagine that B was set to win from the beginning.
But A were to follow B wherever he went, then the game would never end if B was meant to win. This has never happened before, i think.

its because no one does that, the em would get annoyed. If both people stood on the same platform, yes the game would never end.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:15 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke_for_you View Post
its because no one does that, the em would get annoyed. If both people stood on the same platform, yes the game would never end.
That argument is invalid. You just said that no one does that. So it's never been tested, so your conclusion might be wrong.

I'd say test this scenario a few times and see what happens, if indeed the game won't end then we can be sure that a winner is picked from the beginning.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormYs View Post
That argument is invalid. You just said that no one does that. So it's never been tested, so your conclusion might be wrong.

I'd say test this scenario a few times and see what happens, if indeed the game won't end then we can be sure that a winner is picked from the beginning.
I've tested it... If there are two players remaining and they're sat on the same altar, there can be no winner. And if the chosen player is on 1lp and the other is on 5lp in a 1v1, the other player would lose 5 times. When larger numbers are involved, often the winner isn't allowed to be too many life points ahead of the loser(s) so they're kept around 4-10 lp's ahead. But all of this is irrelevant since the event clearly has nothing to do with the Altars being Lucky.

The scenario of having no winner if it was really Lucky Altars would be welcome as no other event has that possibility and the hosting EM could always work out a way around that such as the last remaining competitors would then share a lesser award.

Last edited by MajinDragon; 10-30-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Old 10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I don't either but I'd be extremely surprised if it actually does pick a winner at the start.
Probably me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It most certainly would not take "a lot of CPU" to do it properly.
In comparison I'm sure the difference would be quite big (at very small levels)!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
In comparison I'm sure the difference would be quite big (at very small levels)!
What kind of logic are you thinking would be implemented? I can only imagine it being more difficult to figure out which not to call than which to call.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
I... really don't see an issue with this. All it does is computing the winner from the start, saving a lot of CPU.
Not really. More like saves a bit of extra scripting work.

Also, what happens if the chosen one disconnects?