Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
[Tool] Graal Image Helper

So I decided to go ahead and make a tool that should hopefully fill most of your Graal imaging needs.

This tool is meant to be a quick, easy and hassle-free method of saving your typical image for Graal compatibility.

Features:
> Simple and quick! Just ctrl+v to import image. Click a color to set it transparent. ctrl+s to save! Autoprompts save as soon as a body is detected.
> Body Support! Properly indexes almost all bodies for Graal! I have tested various bodies I have in my Graal folder and nearly all of them work. If you use the colors from body.png it will automatically assign them to the correct palette location so you can colorize your body in Graal. It can even mix and match body.png colors with your own for maximum customization! Sets upper-left(0,0) pixel as the transparent pixel(for Graal, it does not actually set an alpha value). No input necessary!
> Offline and Online compatibility! Saves an indexed image. If it detects an image with more than 256 colors it will save TWO copies. One indexed for offline usage and one with no colorloss.
> #FFFFFF/#000000 Safe! Automatically replaces pure white and pure black with "soft" colors(Except on bodies), so Graal doesn't make them transparent!
> Quick click Transparency! Just click a color and it makes it transparent.

What it doesn't feature:
Importing images with alpha blending

So I hope this is useful, it took a lot of research and effort to get this working. Hopefully this minimizes the need for all the micromanagement needed for getting images ready for Graal. Let me know if you need any assistance with it, or if you encounter any bugs.

Source: https://github.com/dustyshouri/GraalImagehelper

File: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mageHelper.jar

HOW TO USE
It's simple:
1) Copy image to your clipboard from an external source(ctrl+c)
2) Open GraalImageHelper
3) Hit ctrl+v to paste the image into the tool.
4) If it's a body, it will automatically prompt you to save. Do not worry about transparency.
If it's not a body you can either click a color(or more) to make them transparent
5) Hit ctrl+s to save your image!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
sounds awesome! great job. finally people without PS can do it on their own now!

this should be stickied
Old 05-10-2013, 09:05 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks

Also I'm looking for Mac users who can test it out and possibly help me debug some bugs that someone else brought to my attention(but hasn't responded).
Old 05-11-2013, 05:30 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Thanks

Also I'm looking for Mac users who can test it out and possibly help me debug some bugs that someone else brought to my attention(but hasn't responded).
I'd wager here's the first problem:

PHP Code:
String desktop System.getProperty("user.home") + "\\Desktop\\"
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I'd wager here's the first problem:

PHP Code:
String desktop System.getProperty("user.home") + "\\Desktop\\"
Ya I figured that would be a problem for Mac(and Linux) but I just figured that it would default to whatever folder it would otherwise. I guess it'd be better to only specify a default route if you're using Windows.

Apparently for Mac it's not autoprompting to save when a body is loaded and the color replacing method is... well:

I'm using a color replacement function someone else made for me for NW2PNG, but I can just revert back to my own function for replacing colors if that's the issue. The problem is I can't really check this stuff out on my own.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
coooool

I know it's probably not possible but would it be possible to make all colors part of one palette

i.e. FAFAFA and FEFEFE (off white colors) would become FFFFFF

I don't know how to explain it, other than this.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
coooool

I know it's probably not possible but would it be possible to make all colors part of one palette

i.e. FAFAFA and FEFEFE (off white colors) would become FFFFFF

I don't know how to explain it, other than this.
you mean just rounding off colours on set increments?

It's genius.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
yes!
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
yes!
Why would you want to do that?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:02 AM
If this application is made for Graal (which I'm sure it is...?) if you're not aware children have invaded.
They are mostly below the age of 13 and don't understand graphics other than using Microsoft paint.

When they copy / save / what ever it will distort their image. They then upload it and we decline
Old 05-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't think I'd really ever do that. People should have control over their colors, and this tool isn't mean to give you control so much as just quickly save images. Palette reduction should be a pretty intelligent thing, and not something I trust myself to do.

Either way, I don't see much point of doing that. If colors exceed 256 and colors start being lost, the program saves an unindexed version as well.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Very nice