Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 05:03 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
These levels are terrible. It could partly be the Era tileset limitations, maybe it is because I can make much more beautiful levels with the pics1.png tileset but these levels are plain, poorly laid out, and clashy. It reminds me of new LATs fumbling around the pics1.png designing their first levels.

And please do not cry because people had negative things to say about your levels. Clearly you were looking for praise. There is always room for improvement (and in your case you have a long way to go).
Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Levels Artist
fatcat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
These levels are terrible. It could partly be the Era tileset limitations, maybe it is because I can make much more beautiful levels with the pics1.png tileset but these levels are plain, poorly laid out, and clashy. It reminds me of new LATs fumbling around the pics1.png designing their first levels.

And please do not cry because people had negative things to say about your levels. Clearly you were looking for praise. There is always room for improvement (and in your case you have a long way to go).
I'd love to see you try creating levels with Era's tile set. Make anything better and I'll give you a gift irl. Good luck, give it a go.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
I'd love to see you try creating levels with Era's tile set. Make anything better and I'll give you a gift irl. Good luck, give it a go.
How about you just make better levels?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Levels Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
How about you just make better levels?
Mind showing me what better is? (using Era's tile set)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I do mind.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Dr_Doctor
Dr_Doctor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is always room for improvement
Yeah you can always get better.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
These levels are terrible.
No.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I think these are probably some of the better and most creative Era levels I've seen.

That been said and over with, they suck. If you compare the levels to other games which use similar indoor perspective (many SNES RPGs come to mind: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana), you'll see a huge folly and error in your style.

Those rooftop tiles are way out of perspective. I don't know why, but it makes the house look like its leaning south to me. Like it's going to fall over or something.

Keep trying though! You're the best on Era I think.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Levels Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
Yeah you can always get better.
I never once said I was the best LAT on Era (I know I ain't.)... There's always room for improvement too, but like I said, log on Era and look at there levels. If you could see the house levels on Era, you'd puke.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Levels Artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I think these are probably some of the better and most creative Era levels I've seen.

That been said and over with, they suck. If you compare the levels to other games which use similar indoor perspective (many SNES RPGs come to mind: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana), you'll see a huge folly and error in your style.

Those rooftop tiles are way out of perspective. I don't know why, but it makes the house look like its leaning south to me. Like it's going to fall over or something.

Keep trying though! You're the best on Era I think.
I'm not bragging, but I'm better then some of the people papaJ hired. I enjoy making levels, but I'm not going to make anymore levels if he's going to just hire random people without having them do an application. Very unfair.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat123 View Post
I'm not bragging, but I'm better then some of the people papaJ hired. I enjoy making levels, but I'm not going to make anymore levels if he's going to just hire random people without having them do an application. Very unfair.
Everyone hired was either a LAT previously on Era, or did an application.
Pretty sure they're better than you; (They were hired right?) based on the work being completed on the Dev server.

All you're doing in this thread is whining because you don't get instant gratification (hired on Era) because you made a few [average/bad] levels.

If u don't want to make any more levels because people say you could do better then that's a personal problem. Like I said, if you don't like criticism, don't post (especially when you asked for comments).

Since when is Era/Graal/Life ever fair?
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Everyone hired was either a LAT previously on Era, or did an application.
Pretty sure they're better than you; (They were hired right?) based on the work being completed on the Dev server.

All you're doing in this thread is whining because you don't get instant gratification (hired on Era) because you made a few [average/bad] levels.

If u don't want to make any more levels because people say you could do better then that's a personal problem. Like I said, if you don't like criticism, don't post (especially when you asked for comments).
Since when is Era/Graal/Life ever fair?
That seems a bit too harsh to be perfectly honest. Give the guy a break.

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.