Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Why do you like gangs?
Raiding 33 58.93%
Role-play 16 28.57%
Working my way up the ranks 20 35.71%
Gang Events 13 23.21%
Other (please share) 2 3.57%
I do not like gangs 12 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Your thoughts (Gangs)

In my opinion, gangs are the most important gameplay factor on Era. Without gangs, Era would never have become as popular as it is. However, it is very clear that gangs are not what they used to be -- people have changed, and gangs have changed with them. I have noticed gang activity reaching an all-time low, and I don't think constantly replacing leaders will solve anything anymore.

Please share your opinion about gangs because this is your chance to hopefully have an impact on where they go from here. What makes gangs important to you? What are you favorite things about gangs?

For me, it would have to be the competition...gang rivalry. I also enjoy the RP side of gangs, but when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what hat I'm wearing, I just enjoy trying to be the best.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
In my opinion.. gangs are really only fun when you can actually get into one and have money to buy things to support your raiding fun. The best part for me when I was in a gang and had money was the raiding. But now that I don't have money or anything, Era is really no longer fun in any way shape or form.. I personally think Era would be a lot more fun if the economy wasn't so messed up and the guns weren't so impossibly hard to get. Really at this point the only way to get anything half good is to have a rich friend that's willing to give you things. But as far as gangs go.. I think it would be nice to make it so ANYONE can join a gang.. and make raiding more interesting, by I don't know.. ? Make it more challenging? rather than just "Hi BH, LC r got ur base, come get it we keel u!".
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I like raiding, but it gets boring real fast. The reason is, whats the point? You don't get any points, items, money, etc.. IMO in each base there should be a computer that can be hacked. A gang can hack it and then they control all the doors in their enemies base and then basically own that base. It'd be like the party bases. In addition to this, if like every 5 minutes a point was given to the base's owner, those points could be used to maybe upgrade their base or to purchase gang items. Base upgrades could be, higher door hp, faster healing, etc.

Another idea I have had for a while is, their should be automated gang events. Such as hacking another bases computer and then having to download it onto your computer before the time runs out, or defend your base for x amount of minutes, or destroy the crates at <instert gangname>'s base. There could be one of these say every 4 hours or so, or maybe could be initiated by a gang. With different modes, gang raids would rarely ever be the same. This wouldn't be to hard to do either, and i think it would make raiding/gangs more fun.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 PM
sam_is_me is on a distinguished road
Gangs are fun if:

It has to mean something that you're a part of a certain gang (What I mean is that it shows that you have accomplished something to be apart of a gang, and people should recognize that). Gangs now are too easy to get into. I think they should be more exclusive, and respected.

Raiding is raiding. Gangs just need to be more active to make raiding more fun.

The gang has roleplay. I dont know about the rest of era, but I have always enjoyed Gang roleplay. Gives the game a better environment.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:20 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
I've always like gangs, but some people turn the gangs crappy. I mean like every time someone gets a gang they want to make it into a mafia gang like Morano Family.

Examples: Black Holst, and Tachi.

It was cool of the staff to bring back Tachi, it was all good until i heard "we are going to turn Tachi into a mafia gang." that was a stupid move. Every time your on tachi tag u go in the base and it auto setsbody to tachi body. I find that stupid.

When gnome_88 guy had Black Holst it straight up turned it into a Mafia Gang.

I think role play is retarded.

Raiding is really fun, but (Example~>) when like LC takes over BHs base, and LC has the base for along time BH gets tired so they get a nuke and destroy everyone at Main room. and BH takes over their own base. Thats when Raiding starts turning *** and the mojority of the people in gangs stop raiding because of the nukes...

It's really easy to make rank up in the gangs. All you have to do is stay loyal, respect members, and be ontag for any raids or gang events.

oyea BTW BRING BACK GANG GUNS!!!

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
Huh? Roleplaying in gangs is ancient. It started waaaaay back when Black Holst was created by Drakaden; it was minimal, but it was there.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Chali
ldhfd is an unknown quantity at this point
I stated this before in another thread, but i'll post it again.

You could set up a warehouse that can be controlled by any gang for a set amount of time, (like 2 hours) and for that time, the gang can build weapons/ammo/etc for cash. They don't get to use any of this equipment, its just for pure profit.

Another idea is putting in Control Points around the era map (CPs) Whichever gang has the most control on the CPs will get damage buffs, speed increase, etc.

Lastly, a quest hub for gangs only would be the most obvious way to increase gang activity. Whichever gang has control of the quest area, can do the daily quests for a set amount of time before it is contestable again.

Would be nice to see the mass messages filled with "DANGIT BLACK HOLST, LET US FREAKING QUEST ALREADY!"
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
hi
Jcs1919 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jcs1919
Personally, I often got remove because my acct was graal1561651, Put communication acct name, it would be better
Old 10-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
In my opinion Morano Family needs to be brought back, not given to Wil Soul, and Tachi and Black Holst and all the other gangs need to be refrained from being stupid fake Mafia gangs.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
what ever you do to gangs, dont **** up raiding thats what era is revolved around and it should stay that way
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Nice signature, Eclipse. I likes.

In any event, I hope he's not taking this poll and doing away with things that don't have many votes, that'll be the another idiotic move to add to his "bucket" list seeing as 95% of Era doesn't even use this forum, or forums in general. I'd suggest you hold a poll ONLINE, or integrate the forums in-game, like I stated before.

Anyways, all aspects add to fun in Gangs, even the newest one, Gang Events. People joined gang based on their preferences, if you liked to roleplay you worked into Morano, if you liked to PK you WORKED into LC. If you were learning to PK but wanted a "feel" for gang, you joined Tachi or BB. Black Holst was border-line needing to be good and simply having potential. I for one was in everything, one day I liked to raid with new players, next day I wanted to hang with Kae, next day I wanted to PK with Diaz, finally I enjoyed the roleplaying and working my way up Morano, so it stuck. So I'd suggest including it all. Options are always good.

So if you're building a new gang thingy mabob jawn thing, add all those things, and don't do without any. Simply use each of those as to what to create more content for and add more emphasis on. Like Raiding is the original and most essential part of gangs, thats the core of them... their most interesting and attractive aspect. So, pump that up.

And, yeah... lets give the Morano Family to Lexus... (roflmao irl). Don't worry about it, Jr. I don't want a gang, if I did I'd have one. I'd still laugh at the thought though.

Era needs atleast 1 roleplaying gang, thats just the final say on that. Doesn't matter which, since having the title of (Morano Family) is so damage-inflicting to gangs as a whole that its been banned by omniscient administration, we'll rockout with what we got.

You need:
1 Lower Tier Gang (New Players, Learning to PK) Which was initially Tachi
1 Middle-Borderline Gang (Potential Players, Good Players blended in) Black Holst Originally
1 Elitist Gang (Great players) Back in the day, Los Carteles
1 Role-Playing Gang with Good-Great Players - Back in the day Morano.

Today all gangs are easy to get into, no one sets standards. Except for me, of course... but thats a given. Which turns off players from showing pride in their gangs, because whats the difference from this gang and the next? Even most of the Leaders are cynical about the matter.

Whether you like it or want to approach or not, a Gang Leader will play a Key Role in any fun, interactive gang concept you come up with. So I'd suggest you not discard or "ignore" the problem, and actually engage it and thoroughly plan it out.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:17 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I loved raiding, but I hate all those ideas about controlling gang bases and stuff like that.

Gangs just suck now everyone can get in. In my opinion delete the party system and add a member limit onto the gangs.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
MF was always my favorite gang, mostly because of the MT though.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
I really doubt a semi-clever person wouldn't solely base his decision of a forum poll. I'm sure he's just doing that to get the opinions of the people on here (which the administration never seems to do), but I digress.

Even though you're an idiot, I have to agree with you. Diversity and different gangs is a good way to keep things different and appeal to people's different tastes. Need to figure out a way to increase raiding, gang activity, and create and keep up gang events.

Oh I wasn't even close to asking for MF.

Junior.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I'm just trying to generate discussion. I want to know what you guys find important, and why.

Stay on topic or I will delete your posts.