Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM
punkyx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to punkyx Send a message via MSN to punkyx
N-Pulse online level editor

About a month or two ago, N-Pulse online level editing system stopped working. Anytime a player would make changes to their private level, those changes would disappear upon logging off. After looking into it, we discovered in server options that there was "savelevels=false". We changed this to "savelevels=true" and RC gave the following message:

Level saved: private93.nw

It did this numerous times no matter how many tiles I layed. I spoke with Cheetos about this and he said:

Cheetos: I thought that message was for something else (a separate thing for saving levels with an online editor) but I guess he could have changed updateboard2 to make it do that. I recall somebody asking him to get rid of that message

Anyone else have a similar problem? Advice? (other than making a support ticket, did that)
Old 07-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Scripter
ZeLpH_MyStiK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ZeLpH_MyStiK Send a message via Yahoo to ZeLpH_MyStiK
Uhh Jadynx, I changed savelevels to false so rc wouldn't get spam a trillion times. I've asked Stefan to add a serverop that manages the messages but still no progress.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
Any time you save levels it will do that.

We have asked several times for a way to remove that message but nothing is done.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Added savelevelsmessage=true/false, you will need to restart the gserver2 for this (do Npulse admins have access to the adminpanel ?).
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Added savelevelsmessage=true/false, you will need to restart the gserver2 for this (do Npulse admins have access to the adminpanel ?).
When I was a member of the Playerworld Administration, requesting the Admin-World accounts for Classic playerworlds, access to AdminPanel was not set up. The purpose of this was for access to Debug, for global staff and Graal.NET VIP web hosting.

Though, to answer the question, no. It was voted against, because Managers shouldn't have access to GServers for worlds, such as re-starting it, because who knows how many times someone will restart the GServer to attempt to fix something.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Angelus
petro1212 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to petro1212 Send a message via MSN to petro1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Though, to answer the question, no. It was voted against, because Managers shouldn't have access to GServers for worlds, such as re-starting it, because who knows how many times someone will restart the GServer to attempt to fix something.
If someone is entrusted with managing a server you should atleast accept that person to have basic knowledge involving scripting and Gservers.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Restarted N-Pulse to enable the savelevelsmessage=false option
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Everything appears to be working now

Thanks
Old 07-09-2006, 01:09 AM
New problem folks.

Everything started working fine. But the more players that logged on, we noticed the server getting VERY laggy.

It was so bad for me that when I walked into main, npcs and players took 5 minutes to load. Once we kicked everyone out of the level editing areas, the lag disappeared.

I assume it has something to do with saving the levels so often. Is there a way to reduce this? Just have them save...every minute while adding tiles, for example?

Perhaps there is a way to turn off savelevels but make a command for players to say "/savelevel" in their private level, and then the level would save?

The level editing room is shut down until this problem is resolved. Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by punkyx; 07-09-2006 at 01:25 AM..