Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Ez
Fogell is on a distinguished road
Account naming

Out of all the things I hope for in Graal's future, I want account naming back the most. Why? Because it makes things much easier, many servers use your account name for events, tags, etc. having to deal with a boggled numbers can be stressful for us noobs ^.^
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogell View Post
Out of all the things I hope for in Graal's future, I want account naming back the most. Why? Because it makes things much easier, many servers use your account name for events, tags, etc. having to deal with a boggled numbers can be stressful for us noobs ^.^
Why don't they just bring back classic accounts while they're at it?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Ez
I think with them knowing that they can get about 36.00 € annually from all the players, plus the 2000 mutual classic iphone players, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
I'll pos rep anyone who dereps Regrasstz or w.e his name is.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I'll doodle for anyone who kicks U.S in the balls and neg reps him.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Ez
What he said-^ oh wait...
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
This has been brought up before and won't change, servers should be using player.communityname, not player.account. Contact Tig or a PWA and they'll get it resolved.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Rather than take steps back, we should take two forward.

1. All accounts should be allowed to choose a community name.
2. Subscription Model (gold/classic/trial) removed.

Also UN update your legacy scripts already, you've had the last 7~ years to.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Classic accounts should be allowed to change their community names once (and maybe later for 50 gelats or something.) This would allow classic players who hate their account names to get new ones. It would also put more pressure on developers to write scripts that don't use account names publicly.

The only real problem with the community name system is that there is poor script support for it (i.e. no way to find an account for a community name or vica-versa, even though it has been requested.) There are also several RC bugs.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Classic accounts should be allowed to change their community names once (and maybe later for 50 gelats or something.) This would allow classic players who hate their account names to get new ones. It would also put more pressure on developers to write scripts that don't use account names publicly.

The only real problem with the community name system is that there is poor script support for it (i.e. no way to find an account for a community name or vica-versa, even though it has been requested.) There are also several RC bugs.
I tried to rep you for this post but I gotta spread rep.
I agree with everything.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post

I've always used findPlayer( account).communityname and findPlayerByCommunityName( cname).account for when I've been wanting to do that. Also, since not every player has a community name set I usually do
PHP Code:
temp.pl findPlayeraccount);
temp.pName = !( temp.pl.communityname)? temp.pl.accounttemp.pl.communityname 
Just to avoided the annoyance, but as stated in that thread, offline accounts, well, there's no support. I worked around this awhile ago by making a DBNPC and putting account in an array, then whenever the player logged on, if their account was in their, then some function would run. I agree with the RC issues, usually communitynames are easier to remember than accounts.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
What's the other side of this issue? Was there a problem with account naming before it stopped being supported? I really wish we could name our accounts, but at the same time there might be a good reason for why this was removed. But if it wasn't causing problems, then it would be very nice to have back. I agree with everything everyone else has said so far.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I'll pos rep anyone who dereps Regrasstz or w.e his name is.
You can't give positive reputation
Old 02-01-2011, 05:59 PM
One More Time
The only issue with renaming account (this goes for community names as well) is that lets say account MrFoo has >9000 widgets on a server and this data is saved in a DB. Now he renames himself to MrBar and then account MrBaz renames himself to MrFoo. The previous account MrBaz (Now MrFoo) has access to all those widgets.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
(this goes for community names as well)
If you use community name as a unique identifier/key to the account data then yes it will otherwise no.