Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Okay thanks to coreys I think I found the error you guys were having, and hopefully this version should fix it, now.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
That didn't really fix it.

Now, when you scroll the tiles, the error shows for a split second, then disappears.
But it still shows when you scroll...it just...goes away. xD

I also noticed, when first opening gonstruct, instead of showing the "multiple window" error in the screenshot posted, it shows the grey block I posted about.
Then, if you resize the window, the error with the "multiple windows" showing in the tile area appears...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post

Now, when you scroll the tiles, the error shows for a split second, then disappears.

I also noticed, when first opening gonstruct, instead of showing the "multiple window" error in the screenshot posted, it shows the grey block I posted about.
Then, if you resize the window, the error with the "multiple windows" showing in the tile area appears...
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 03-06-2010, 12:49 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:

That's because he's covering up a gtk issue. That's most likely the best he can do.

Quote:
Hm, I don't seem to get this issue.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Okay I see what you mean, as far as I can tell that's a problem with the implementation of GTK on Windows. Hopefully the new version of GTK that's in the works fixes that.
However, what I really need to know is, and please be as specific as possible:
1) Does the error only stay for a split second?
2) Again, when you want to select tiles in the level display, does the rectangle draw fast, always staying near your mouse cursor, or does it lag behind, as if the framerate is very low?
3) A bit like 1): When the window is maximized and these "multiple windows" show when you scroll in the tileset display, do they pretty much instantly disappear, without you, yourself doing anything? As in, do you have to click or drag or whatever in the level display, or does it fix itself in a split second?

Sorry for being difficult, again, but there is a bunch of different causes here that have a similar end result, for example, if the level is laggy and slowly updates when you edit it, then that's one bug (a pretty annoying one I thought I took care of).
And thanks a lot again for the feedback! Hopefully I can get back to adding some new features once these problems are taken care of

Old 03-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
1) Yes, it only stays for a split second.
2) The rectangle draws fast, no lag.
3) It dissapears just as fast as 1, I dont have to click the level to make it disappear any more.

edit: As for #1&2, if I drag the tiles back and forth, the error just kind of flickers. I would assume its because as i drag it, it re-appears. But then as soon as I stop dragging the tiles, the error will disappear.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Pretty much done with displaying editable GMaps, just need to integrate it back into the UI now.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
Really awesome!
Rep for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Pretty much done with displaying editable GMaps, just need to integrate it back into the UI now.
Keep it up. Also, lol @ #gscript overworld. Memories. :<
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I love you, man.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:26 AM
It kind of works right now, if someone wants, please give this a try:
  • GMap editing is done by opening the .gmap file directly. Level files are first searched for in the directory of the GMap and only if they can't be found will the Graal directory be searched.
  • When opening a level that is part of an already loaded GMap it should scroll to the level in the GMap instead of opening a new window for it.
  • Editing layers is working inside Gonstruct right now, and hopefully also in Graal. The way it works right now is that a layer is empty in the beginning and only tiles you add to it are actually saved to the file. Hopefully that is how Stefan intended for layers to work in the end, since it seems to display fine in Graal (thanks Dusty), but I don't really know, since he doesn't seem to talk much about layers and probably has different concerns at the moment.
  • Flood filling might be a bit dangerous on really big GMaps
  • Navigation with scrollbars is probably a bit annoying, so might add a minimap/cursor movement
  • Each level of the GMap needs to be saved individually at the moment, Dusty says it's better to save the entire GMap, so that's probably going to change
  • Loading of some PNG images seems to be broken at times

Old 03-22-2010, 01:49 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
glibmm-ERROR **:
unhandled exception (type unknown) in signal handler

aborting...
Running windows vista, didn't run it in admin mode or anything. Not sure exactly how the error happened, seemed to be when I was working with copy/pasting tiles. I'll try to narrow it down if I can. Crashed the client. It was while editing a 3x3 gmap.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post

Dude, hell yes. Fry, you are the man!

By the way, could you make the scrollbars remain as an option? Graaleditor doesn't have scrollbars when you edit a gmap, and you have to find the little cursor to drag the map around. Personally, I find it a little easier to just use scrollbars or arrow keys to move around.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
This is how gonstruct handles gmaps currently. I don't think Fry intends to implement the stupid char thing(thank god). Instead I believe he plans to add a minimap tab that will let you move around(think preview window from Photoshop) and arrow keys. I also suggested mouse click scrolling(like how a browser handles it), but never got a response about that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	xfvsao.png
Views:	1748
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	50683
Old 03-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Running windows vista, didn't run it in admin mode or anything. Not sure exactly how the error happened, seemed to be when I was working with copy/pasting tiles. I'll try to narrow it down if I can. Crashed the client. It was while editing a 3x3 gmap.
I get this error, but I dont even get as far as even opening a level OR a "New" level for that matter. These are the errors I get upon clicking the "New" button, or upon navigating to and trying to open a .nw file:

Name:	glibmm error.png
Views:	1594
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	50687

Name:	MS Vis C runtime lib error.png
Views:	1604
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	50688

Name:	Gonstruct has stopped working.png